Weight Lifting

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Toonarmy

Weight Lifting

Postby Toonarmy » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:17 pm

Hi

I have had my Titan implant for over 12 months now, no problems at all in the gym or at any other time,in fact no pain or pain meds when i had the operation.

Recently its been on my mind that when im in the gym squats, leg press and abdominal exercises this might be putting strain on the implant, i.e the reservoir and tubing.

I have PM'd a few of you so sorry for any overkill but do you think that squats, leg press and abdominal exercises could affect the device?

May i'm being paranoid but any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

dg_moore

Re: Weight Lifting

Postby dg_moore » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:53 pm

I doubt it - I've been doing similar exercises for 6 years with an implant and haven't seen any problems
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

billyt0808

Re: Weight Lifting

Postby billyt0808 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:10 pm

hello from SC...
i have been a weightlifter most of my adult life (i'm 61). i had a Titan implanted July 29 and received permission from my doctor to get back to light lifting at 3 weeks post surgery, as my recovery was really going well. at 6 weeks i resumed squats, hack presses and dead lifts. i have experienced no complications or pain that i could associate with my implant, and now at 12 weeks post procedure i am back where i was prior to my surgery.

i will say that at times it feels as if i am getting a little auto inflation, but i have read where this is not uncommon, and has caused me no problems. the only problem i have experienced is it is a little difficult to hide my new flaccid penis, as it remains a good bit larger than before. i guess it is a good problem though :)!

btw...i am 61, 5'7" and 152 lbs. BP yesterday was 118 over 66, heart rate 63 bpm.

Hope this is helpful!

Bill

Return to “Implants”