Implant and Age

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ValPinto

Re: Implant and Age

Postby ValPinto » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:37 pm

My strong recommendation is to go to either Dr. Andrew Kramer (scrotal and does AMS) or Dr. Paul Perito (infrapubic and does coloplast). These are the best 2 surgeons in the world if I were to sum up the research of a dozen of us who all chose to look up all the data that's out there, call lots of people, and make a decision. Kramer did mine and several others, Perito did several others too. They both train hundreds of other surgeons per year as well. Both completely "cool" guys, well liked by their patients. There's naystayers all around- but I'll tell you these guys are the most famous and the most skilled.

sandy1258

Postby sandy1258 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:18 pm

I'm 71 and it will be a year in December and I've had loads of fun. I wish I had done it sooner. Go 4 it.

sandy1258

Postby sandy1258 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:20 pm

Go to youtube and look up Dr. Kramer you'll be impressed.

Charlie999

Postby Charlie999 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:20 pm

Hi Charlie, In a previous post you asked me about my insurance coverage, and I forgot to include that in my answer. Sorry. I have Medicare and Tricare. Paid every dime of it. The only expense I had was getting there, and only cost gas, because I drove from Orlando to Coral Gables and back. I did stay 10 days in the Hyatt Regency, which cost me about $2,000. My wife and I probably spent $1500 on food because we had to eat out most of the time. I saw my doc once during the 10 day stay. I traveled by air on my final, back home the same day. Air trans, taxi, food about $1,000 for my wife and I. No complaints on anything. Im about 12 weeks post op now, and would do it all again in a heartbeat. If I can provide any more info for you, please let me know.

Blessings,

Charlie
85 married 36 yrs. implanted by Dr. Paul Perito June 14. Complete revision by Dr. Ralphael Carrion May 17 because of leaking Coloplast.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:56 pm

ShopMan wrote:...it would be a great Christmas gift to my wife. lol
Charlie

If that's the case then you're a lucky man. When I first started discussing an implant with my wife she said, "Don't think you're doing this for me. If you want one go ahead and get it, but leave me out of it." So I got it in 2008 and then (for a number of health related reasons) we never used it.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

VietNamVet

Postby VietNamVet » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:37 pm

My wife (tried to) remain neutral, also saying not to do it for her. Now that it's done and she's tried it out a few times, she keeps saying "thank you for having it done." 'Nuff said!
Age 66. Coloplast Titan (20cm + 2cm extension) with 135cc saline in the system. Implanted 4 Sep 2014 by Dr. Gregory R Thoreson, Chief Urology Resident and Dr. Tausch, his supervisor at VA Hospital, Dallas.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:59 pm

VietNamVet wrote:My wife (tried to) remain neutral, also saying not to do it for her. Now that it's done and she's tried it out a few times, she keeps saying "thank you for having it done." 'Nuff said!

If we were were still sexually active I'm sure my wife would be like it also, but unfortunately that ship has sailed. I'm not at all sorry that I got it, but if I'd known what was going to happen I wouldn't have bothered with it.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Abovedmc

Postby Abovedmc » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:33 pm

Just turned 77 in September after being implanted last June. I now hardly know the implant is present except when it is needed. I do have a very loving and willing 75 y/o wife. Because of previous surgeries there was zero erection. Now we're back to enjoying this very important aspect of life. Good luck.
77 y/o with complete ED after bladder and prostate removal due to bladder cancer. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX 6/27/14 by Dr. Horan in Austin. Very happy with results.

Return to “Implants”