Implant scheduled for next month.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
antelope

Re: Implant scheduled for next month.

Postby antelope » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:02 pm

Shadow and Robin,

Amen to everything Ron said. Hope everything went well for you both today. Let us hear from you when you come up for air. Sweet dreams.

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

shadowwolfe

Postby shadowwolfe » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:48 pm

Surgery went really well. I am home now and I have not taken any pain medication at all.It is partially inflated. He says it is best like that for two weeks which helps things stretch out. I have to Titan OTR and the doctor said I did not lose anything at all. Not sure how he can judge that but it does look good. BTW the only pain I had was the catheter and was glad when that was hot. It sure looks thin to me but we will see as time goes a long and we put it all the way on activation day. Good news is it sticks almost up at even being partially pumped.

knotreel

Postby knotreel » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:23 pm

Glad to hear you are doing well, not many people think "it looks good" this early! I am sure you are like I was, Gald to get it over.
Ron
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

antelope

Postby antelope » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:18 pm

Great report, Shadow! Thanks for letting us know. Take it easy. We look forward to hearing more when you feel like it.

G
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

shadowwolfe

Postby shadowwolfe » Sun May 01, 2011 5:14 pm

I am not sure, but I might have my first complication. Surgery went fine and there has been no pain. I am surprised at the size of the pump. I read about it on here but I think you don't really realize how large it is until you first touch it.

My possible first complication is on the left side of my penis, almost half way back, I am getting a bulge. I am not sure what it is but I am thinking maybe the tube is collapsed there and sticking out. Maybe when it is fully inflated it wont do that but I am going in tomorrow to have it checked. More nerve racking than anything because so far its been smooth sailing.

I am still surprised at the lack of pain. Where the reservoir is, is the only thing that kind of hurts if I move to fast.

I hope the good news continues tomorrow.
Last edited by shadowwolfe on Tue May 03, 2011 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prostate cancer at age 38? Implant Titan OTR April 28, 2011, Salt Lake City, UT. Line broke 2017 because pump was placed too high and a line was pinched. Replacement October 10, 2017 Reims, France with the new model Titan OTR.

antelope

Postby antelope » Sun May 01, 2011 5:37 pm

I know it's easy for me to say, but try not to fret. I"m sure the doc will be able to "fix" whatever may be not quite right. try to rest. Let us hear something when you get back from your appt tomorrow.

Here's to hard times,

Greg

knotreel

Postby knotreel » Mon May 02, 2011 8:25 am

When I first saw a sample pump before the surgery I was surprised and after it was put in, it really seemed big, however it was just like those who went before said, by 4 weeks you won't notice it,(except the odd time when you sit wrong). I hope the bulge is nothing serious. I was troubled by what might have been the same thing, It was a fold or maybe a kink in the left tube near the base. I even tried to inflate it a little after the first post op check to make the cylinder more round. THat didn't seem to help, it just slowly went away during the healing. I my case I could push the bluge in and it would stay in for awhile and I could tell by the way it felt that it was not swelling. Let us know what you find out.
Ron
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

Dave48003

Bulge

Postby Dave48003 » Mon May 02, 2011 10:38 am

Shadow:

If the bulge looks and feels like a water blister, relax. That is common. I had a couple and I know Scot had one also.

Keep that thing pointing up!!! :lol:

Dave
Charter member of the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners.
69 YO with a venous leak since puberty, made worse by meds & diabetes. Tried pills, a VED, and injections before my AMS 700LGX was implanted 3-17-2011. A life changing event!

LGX_Man

Postby LGX_Man » Mon May 02, 2011 12:08 pm

Shadow: Congratulations on your new man toy. At this point, do not fret as many of the things you are experiencing are just normal and will mend themselves over time. I also had that "knot" in the beginning and thought that all had gone wrong. But alas, everything fell into place. In the beginning, I preferred washcloths soaked in very cold water over ice packs, which were very cumbersome and too heavy for my aching nut sac. Plus I could wrap the washcloths all around the entire area. Naturally I had to put big towels under me to catch the excess water. Use this time to relax and heal and as many here are advising, use the pain meds as prescribed. There is no need to feel that you need to endure any excess pain. I found that after awhile, a once or twice-a-day dose of Ibuprofen worked very well for me. This is especially true when you get the urge to start playing with it later on, and you WILL! :P Your brothers are here for you with any advice that you need as you will have new questions every day. The worst part is behind you and the decision making process is finally over as well. Good times are definitely ahead for you. LGX_Man
62. Retired. AMS 700 LGX implanted Nov. 18, 2013. Ask me any questions about being implanted or life afterwards.

Return to “Implants”