Activation day

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
knotreel

Re: Activation day

Postby knotreel » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:32 am

To get it fully deflated it is easier done if you squeeze the cylinders while holding the deflate button down. When inflated you can just press the deflate button an it will deflate but mine never gets deflated to the point I like unless I squeeze while holding the button. You should be going to the official activation with your doc soon? By the way, due to soreness,I could not squeeze my hard enought until about eight weeks post op.
Ron
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

LGX_Man

Re: Activation day

Postby LGX_Man » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:23 pm

Here is an official newsletter from Elizabeth at AMS explaining the two-finger method. Most of us with AMS-700 LGX models have probably talked with Elizabeth at one point or another. I laugh when I still see the pair of pliers that I placed on the bathroom counter to pump my LGX up. I leave it there to this day just for a good snicker. Luckily, I found this document before any harm was done. One thing for sure, each day is a new experience for the first few months.

If pumping the AMS 700 LGX is too difficult, you may prefer to use both hands (left-hand thumb over right-hand thumb on front side of the inflate bulb, with left-hand index finger over right-hand index finger on back side of the bulb) to squeeze the inflate bulb HARD/FAST to “pop” the valve into the inflate position, rather than just using one hand on the inflate bulb. This method will stabilize the inflate bulb between your fingers and provide you with double the squeeze strength.

Be sure that after each complete squeeze of the inflate bulb, you relax your fingers and allow the bulb to refill. To give slight, partial squeezes will only increase greatly the number of squeezes you have to give the pump bulb because you’ll be pushing very little fluid into the cylinders with each little squeeze.

After the initial very HARD/FAST squeeze of the pump to activate it, each subsequent squeeze of the inflate bulb is done with firmness.

Follow the deflate instructions as shown in the AMS 700MS User’s Guide.

Best regards,

Elizabeth Rae
AMS/Worldwide Senior Patient Liaison
PH: 800-328-3881, ext. 6261

USER TIP
Fully depress the inflation bulb and hold it for 3-4 seconds after it is depressed. Release your grip on it and wait 5-8 seconds while the bulb refills with saline solution from the reservoir. Repeat that process over and over until the desired firmness is achieved. A stinging sensation is noticeable as the corpora cavernosa is stretched tighter and tighter -- a sensation that will disappear over time.

62. Retired. AMS 700 LGX implanted Nov. 18, 2013. Ask me any questions about being implanted or life afterwards.

Return to “Implants”