driving after implant surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ready1

driving after implant surgery

Postby ready1 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:01 am

I will be having implant surgery on 08-21-2014 ...Is it safe to drive myself home 1 day after surgery ???

rentguy

Re: driving after implant surgery

Postby rentguy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:20 am

First off I would be surprised if the hospital would go for that.My hospital gave me instructions that said if I didn't have someone to drive me home the surgery was off.Depending on your outcome you might not even fill like driving yourself home.My recommendation would be to make arraignments to have someone or a car service take you home.As you can see from reading FT everyone who has this done reacts differently to the surgery.Some guys go through pretty smoothly(I did) and other guys are in a hell of lot more pain,plus you still might be groggy from not sleeping all night coupled with the pain medication you will have been on.Just my 2 cents.
67 years old.Married 45 years to my gorgeous wife .Had ED for 22 years.Had AMS 700 CX implant on 7-17-14.New work done on 9-7-16 by Dr. Andrew Kramer.Kramer took out a CX 18cm plus 1 extender and replaced with LGX 21cm plus 3 extenders. :P

JDavid

Postby JDavid » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:08 am

My surgeon's assistant told me I could drive home before I even asked. I stopped asking for pain medication at midnight and was discharged shorty after noon. The drive home was almost five hours and it was uncomfortable but i did it!
I am sixty-six years of age and dealing with gradually worsening ED for twenty years. At sixty-three I wanted something that worked reliably. I got an AMS 700 LGX implant in 6/25/13. I am entirely pleased with the outcome. My surgeon was Dr. Karpman.

TomFord

Postby TomFord » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:54 pm

I can only speak personally but I sure wouldn't of been able to drive home the next day. I was driven from the hospital at 12 o'clock the day after surgery for about half a mile and every bump in the road was agony.

Chaz456

Postby Chaz456 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:12 am

While some guys may have successfully driven themselves home, you will not know your own state til that time. You should make arrangements for someone, other than yourself, to drive you. God forbid you have complications, but they do happen, I know. Flying home four days after surgery was difficult for me.
Titan Touch installed 12/20/13, Then redone 03/21/14, Then redone again 06/13/14.

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:17 pm

ready1 wrote:I will be having implant surgery on 08-21-2014 ...Is it safe to drive myself home 1 day after surgery ???

Maybe but probably not. Ask your surgeon what his normal discharge instructions are. They will likely tell you what you can and can't do after discharge. It will also depend on how you feel, and that varies a LOT one guy to the next. It will also depend on what anesthetic you get, what sedatives you get, if any, and what amount and type of pain killers you are prescribed and are using. Normally you will be advised to not drive until the anesthetic and sedatives have cleared your system, and until you stop taking narcotic pain killers.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

ready1

Postby ready1 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:40 pm

Thanks Guys for all advice and your own personal experience ..I will be getting the lgx ams 700 by Dr Lipshultz with one night stay in hospital ..I have arranged for x wife to drive me..and she seemed
more than happy to do.. I am 70 years old and had ED about ten years..

Has anyone heard of Dr Lipshultz ..He works out of Balor college of Medicine Houston Texas...
Thanks Again for replys..Robert

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:13 pm

ready1 wrote:Has anyone heard of Dr Lipshultz ..He works out of Balor college of Medicine Houston Texas...

If you use the search function, or advanced search function, you will find others who have used him.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

ready1

Postby ready1 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:51 am

Panhead..I read your write up on the hot link you provided very detailed...I decided on LGX after reading this http://jackp-penileimplant.blogspot.com ... cb93f3c9fd
I originally was 7 inches long but after having Peronei's four years ago..and now a half hard measures 5.5 inches hoping to gain some back with LGX..
I just woke up one morning with pain and a bent peter ..often wondered if this happen because I had stopped using it..I read on one of theses sites to use a pump to increase flaccid length..
before surgery and I'm happy to say I have gained 1/2 inch in length...in three weeks..

Return to “Implants”