Day 6 Post Op

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
yankfan042249

Day 6 Post Op

Postby yankfan042249 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:04 pm

Well I saw the surgeon yesterday for the first time since last Thursday's procedure. His post operative instructions told me to take a pain killer an hour before the apt and that it may be painful.

My scrotum area has never been as tender and sore as they are now.. I guess the surgeon has his own perfected way of slightly deflating the device ..........
.... that being to grab the pump as hard as he could and start quickly pressing the release valve to extract the fluid. Well it was probably the most painful 15-20 seconds in my lifetime of almost 65 years. The only consolation was that he said it would be the most painful moment of the recovery. I guess if I survived that I can survive anything.

The only real problem that is bugging me is that when I stand up after a minute or two I start getting a throbbing aching pain near where the incision is and the pump is located. I'm fine when I'm sitting in a reclining position. I mentioned this to the surgeon and the only thing he mentioned was to take a warm bath for 15-20 minutes daily. I asked him if I should continue with the ice packs and he surprisingly told me not to , that icing only works and is effective for 24 hours post op.

I hope this dissipates soon, I plan on going back to work Monday. Time to go out and get some Jockey pouch shorts.

Thanks for everything guys,
Walt

billylee

Re: Day 6 Post Op

Postby billylee » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:10 pm

After getting the little extra pumping yesterday at four weeks I can imagine how painful it must have been at 6 days. And yes the deflate was painful also....but all quick and manageable. After deflation to me he then inflated to about where I was when I went into appt (2-3 pumps). I am thinking and hoping in three more weeks when I go in for true scheduled post-op appt, the inflating /deflating will be more pleasant.....and I suspect this certainly true for you in ever week that you have before next appt. IMO, six days is very early for playing around with healing scrotum but good to have surgeon take a look at incision and see that you are not getting infection. I figure at day 10-12 you will be doing much better and then it is a little per day, just as I am presently. From my own experience, just watch the stress you put on yourself (lifting, mowing the lawn, reaching up, etc). With good common sense you should make it fine Monday but I would take it easy, use the pain med, and relax through the weekend. Actually, I was still enjoying a little ice on occasions for several days.

Did physician give any reason for your incision aching? Not sure I ever had much of that....even with one end not closing off as good as the rest. Do not remember, was your incision scrotal or pubic? i did, and still do, have aches some at ends of implants especially on right side, but I just figure this from the slight "gauging" from the inflation. I do wonder why one side of implant seems different than the other, however the extra inflation yesterday seemed to show that with a fuller inflation, all standardizes.

Hope all gets better in a few days.

billylee
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

yankfan042249

Postby yankfan042249 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:19 pm

Hey Billylee

How did your inflate day go today ?

Walt

billylee

Postby billylee » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:28 pm

W,
That was billy1947 and I, too, await his report....but he may be busy on "test drive". Hope all went well for him. My date is 4/28.
billylee
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

stringerbell

Postby stringerbell » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:47 pm

My surgeon in Baltimore, Dr. Andrew Kramer, didn't have me do anything to the pump at all for the first 3-4 weeks, just left it alone. It varies as far as what's expected of them during that initial period. He told me I could just gently deflate it at 2 weeks if I wanted, overall he just told me to relax, don't do anything, but I had his cell phone number and could call/text with questions- he wrote me back usually in under 5 minutes. Was worth my trip to Baltimore, pretty confined that currently- the doc's in his own league. SB

Return to “Implants”