A cautionary tale - don't delay getting implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
dg_moore

A cautionary tale - don't delay getting implant

Postby dg_moore » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:42 am

My advice to anybody contemplating an implant - if you need one don't put it off. I struggled with ED for years following a stroke in 1995. Pills worked well for several years, but then stopped working. I tried injections with no success, and spent a couple of years trying to find a solution - any solution - that didn't involve surgery. We tried VED, but my wife hated it (likened it to a cold, bloodless hot dog out of the fridge) and I didn't like it much either. Eventually I decided to go ahead with the implant and got it done in June of 2008 (Dr. Andrew Kramer, U of MD Medical Center in Baltimore). The surgery and recovery were uneventful, with no problems. But before my healing was complete I got a cardiac diagnosis and we were unable to use the implant. I got the heart fixed in July 2013, but the combination of lingering effects from my earlier stroke and the heart surgery have left me feeling unwell and still not up for sex. There is little likelihood that this will change - our age (70 and 67), and the fact that we have been without sex for so many years, and that my wife has lost interest and I still don't feel well, make it likely that sex is over for us.

If I had gotten the implant when I needed it we could have had another good 5 years or more of intimacy.

So, if you need an implant, get it done. You never know what's lurking around the corner.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

glockhead

Re: A cautionary tale - don't delay getting implant

Postby glockhead » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:02 am

Great advice! Do NOT wait!

Return to “Implants”