New titan touch pump

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Mastercard

New titan touch pump

Postby Mastercard » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:13 pm

Has anyone been implanted with the Titan new pump called the "touch". If you have, do you know
if the pump is smaller than the older OTR pump and does it seem easy to locate and operate?
I am still sitting on the fence like a kid sitting on the side of a pool afraid to jump in.
I know I need to get it done, so I am now throwing out questions I have been thinking about,
hoping to eventually have a green light turn on that say go. I am in Baltimore and would use
either Dr. Burnett from Hopkins or Dr. Kramer from the U. of MD. Any comments on either
Dr. would be appreciated.
65 yrs old with long history of ED. RP in 2015. Used pills and injections they became ineffective. Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer on Aug 2 2017 Titan 22 cm 1 rte

billylee

Re: New titan touch pump

Postby billylee » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:25 pm

MC,
I think if you do a quick search you will find a number of the gentleman have gotten the OTR which seems to be smaller than previos Titan pump. More rounded bottom edge I believe. I am scheduled for this model Tuesday.

You should find good info here in a search on your chosen surgeons also.....especially Kramer.

Good luck.
Billy
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:23 pm

Almost anything is smaller than the OTR. I've 6 implants, and 4 of them used the OTR. It's a good device, but releasing the inflation can be tricky until you get used to it. There is a rectangular valve/tube block at the top of the bulb. You have to squeeze the small ends of the block on each side to release the pressure. All four of mine were very stiff and required a lot of press to release. It does get easier the more you use it however.

I have an AMS device now, and the pump is lightyears ahead of the OTR, but I wouldn't mind if it were the OTR. They're all pretty good these days, and getting better as the years roll by.
Last edited by hard drive on Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
harddrive

proactive

Postby proactive » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:37 pm

Kramer is top notch. I would recommend him to anyone. He did mine last year. I am sure the other guy is fine, but I have not seen anybody on this site mention him before.
50 yr old. 21cm Titan implanted on June 20th 2013

jryancey44

Postby jryancey44 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:36 am

Yes it is much smaller and round about the size of one of your nuts :D It works really well and is very hard to discover, mine actually folds back under my scrotum.

Jim

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:45 am

I heartily second all recommendations of Dr. Kramer - he did mine in 2008 and he's a terrific surgeon and great guy. Very personable, and remains engaged after surgery.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Mastercard

Postby Mastercard » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:06 pm

Thanks for all of the responses. I think I will give Dr Kramer a call again and see if I can't get off of this fence I seem to be glued too. Strange thing with me is that I can get and maintain an erection with oral sex but by time it comes out of the mouth for penetration, it goes down. The oral gives me great sensations, which I wonder if I would lose with an implant. I was wondering about the size of the new pump because my sac is not the largest in the world and I did not want the pump being too much larger than my other peanuts.
65 yrs old with long history of ED. RP in 2015. Used pills and injections they became ineffective. Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer on Aug 2 2017 Titan 22 cm 1 rte

proactive

Postby proactive » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:15 pm

As far as the sensations go. I am not able to feel things as well as I could before. However I had lost the ability to get any sensations, because it would not get hard enough to get there. Getting old sucks and what we had back then is not what we are going to have in the future. I may not be as good as I once was. But I can go for longer than I ever could! The implant is the way to go. Just don't skimp on the doctor.
50 yr old. 21cm Titan implanted on June 20th 2013

Return to “Implants”