COLOPLAST PUMP DEFLATING?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jryancey44

COLOPLAST PUMP DEFLATING?

Postby jryancey44 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:30 pm

I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE DEFLATING OF THE COLOPLAST PUMP INSTALLED DEC 5TH,ANY ADVICE?
NOT SURE IF IT IS ON THE SIDES OR IN THE FRONT? DOES IT REQUIRE A LOT OF PRESSURE? THANKS FOR THE ADVICE! I BELIEVE THE DR PUT ONE OF THE NEW ONES IN ME NOT SURE SEE HIM THE 21ST.

JIM

Minnesota

Re: COLOPLAST PUMP DEFLATING?

Postby Minnesota » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:02 pm

Hi Jim,

Do you have the Coloplast OTR or traditional? The OTR will have a button release that should only need to be pressed on time and the valve will do the rest of the work. If you have the traditional as I do, you will need to hold the release valve (located directly above the bulb) with your figure tips on the longest sides. Then squeeze. Even after 4 years mine can be a bit difficult. You will know if you have it right because it will slowly deflate (especially if you are gently squeezing the penis).

If you are seeing your doctor soon for the first time since implanted, I would wait until then and he can coach you through it.

Good luck!
Diagnosed with ED at age of 19, Implanted with Coloplast Titan at age 20. Now 34 (2023)
Titan failed 09/2020, replaced on 10/2/2020 by Kolher @ Mayo Clinic in Minnesota

jryancey44

Re: COLOPLAST PUMP DEFLATING?

Postby jryancey44 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Thanks, he showed me the new one it is round is yours round? Appreciate all the help! There appears to be a bar about inch long above the bulb,I still have some swelling at 4 weeks so i can't feel it really good.

Jim

Minnesota wrote:Hi Jim,

Do you have the Coloplast OTR or traditional? The OTR will have a button release that should only need to be pressed on time and the valve will do the rest of the work. If you have the traditional as I do, you will need to hold the release valve (located directly above the bulb) with your figure tips on the longest sides. Then squeeze. Even after 4 years mine can be a bit difficult. You will know if you have it right because it will slowly deflate (especially if you are gently squeezing the penis).

If you are seeing your doctor soon for the first time since implanted, I would wait until then and he can coach you through it.

Good luck!

Return to “Implants”