post Titan pain

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
tbra21

post Titan pain

Postby tbra21 » Thu May 16, 2013 7:24 pm

Hi i am 2 weeks post titan implant
Everything settled down but just occassionally getting this burning type pain at the end of the cylinders near the glans
did anyone else experience this
Any advice
it goes away eventually

Cheers
Tony
PSA 8 age 44
Radical Prostatectomy 2012 Gleason 7
Titan implant May 2013

gerryp

Re: post Titan pain

Postby gerryp » Thu May 16, 2013 9:43 pm

Tony, I'm 10 weeks post-Coloplast Titan implant. At your stage I also had pain in the area you mention, but not sure if it was the same. Mine mostly seemed to happen when my clothes pushed against the glans. Since I had a partial inflation, the cylinders were then pushing back against the inside of the glans, which was very uncomfortable. I ended up switching to boxer shorts, which were more comfortable for me. Also, for the last 3 or 4 weeks, the interaction between cylinder tips and glans has caused much less discomfort. Had sex for the 1st time 4 days ago, with no discomfort at all.

Gerry
Implant surgery March 8 with Dr. Francois Eid in NYC.

Bxguy1

Postby Bxguy1 » Thu May 16, 2013 10:40 pm

I know exactly what you mean . I have a Titan as well, implanted may 7..I've experienced burning stabbing pains in the tip ..shaft..and base..I especially find that alot of activity brings it on and it seems to get worse at night...either a hot bath or an ice bag helps for me..last night I had a really sharp pain at the base of the right cylinder while I was sleeping and it woke me almost to a screem. Luckily I had an ice pack nearby and threw it on and that did the trick. .I called my dr and he said it sounds normal and not to worry just control pain with meds and hot/cold compresses.
I will see him on the 23rd for souture removal and he will be there to check me out as well. Whatever info he gives me I'd be glad to share with you so pm me if you like. We are pretty close in progression and have the same implant so I'm sure we can share whatever we find out.
Btw- good luck and welcome to the Bionic brotherhood!
54 y/o and suffered from organic ED (peyronies) for 10+ yrs. Pills stopped working, injections too painful and VED not for us.
Implanted on May 7, 2013 with 24 cm C/P Titan zero angle by Dr. Eid, NYC.

bob1138

Postby bob1138 » Fri May 17, 2013 1:26 am

Hi Tony,
First, congratulations on your new Titan Implant.
I was implanted with the Coloplast Titan in December 2007 after developing ED Post-Prostatectomy in February 2004.
The Implant completely corrected my ED and restored both my sex life and the emotional bond with my wife.
During the healing process, the tissue in your body grows around the components of the implant until it just becomes a part of you, as was the case with me.
Also, it does not interfere with any of my daily physical activities, e.g., weight lifting, swimming, biking, etc.
My advice is to be patient and follow your Implant Surgeon's directions during the healing process.
Wishing you a lifetime of enjoyment with your new Titan Implant.
Bob

tbra21

Postby tbra21 » Fri May 17, 2013 4:54 am

Hey Bionic Brothers
Thanks for the replies really appreciate it
Relieved that it isnt just me who has experienced it weirdly havent had the pain all day so hopefully will get a good nights sleep
will stay in touch and update you all
I wonder also if its irritation from where they pull the cylinders up through the glands if it the material dissolving inside as I am not sure what is used to pull it up if you know what I mean
Other than that i feel great
tony.
PSA 8 age 44
Titan implant May 2013

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Fri May 17, 2013 10:54 am

I am 23 days post Titan implant. I still have considerable pain. particularly in the shaft. I am partly inflated and generally uncomfortable from that. balls ache when I said at my desk for more than an hour. I did get those stabbing pains you described. but I like what I see and I can't wait to play with it!!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

GaryRN

Postby GaryRN » Sun May 19, 2013 3:59 pm

I had my surgery on 4-9-13 at UVA Medical Center by Dr. Raymond Costabile.
The day after surgery I had a scrotum the size of a navel orange, then the next day it got the size of a large grapefruit and stayed that way for 3 weeks.
That was hell. I had to live naked and walk around the house carrying my scrotum with 2 hands. I packed my scrotum in ice 1-2 times a day, took ibuprofen and warm baths at night. Now things are normal. I have a return appt. to the the surgeon assistant Dr. Cara Cimmino. She is really great. The surgeon lacks a little in bedside manner, let's say.\Dr. Cimmino will inflate the prosthesis the first time and teach me how to do it. I can feel the pump and the ball of the pump is rock hard. How will they inflate that?

Check out my blog at victoryovererectiledysfunction.org

Thanks, Gary

tbra21

Postby tbra21 » Sun May 19, 2013 6:58 pm

hi
Update
The pain never came back the night of pain
Now going well just a but of uncomfortable feeling when I let it hang for too long in the shower.
Can feel the deflate bars I thing but still a bit of thickness around the pump but getting better each day with massage from the shower rose.
Bruising slowly going lovely green colour now.
I see the surgeon in a week to be deflated and taught how to do it my self
Looking forward to it and feel positive and confident from all the experiences I have read on here
Thanks Bionic Brothers
Tony
PSA 8 age 44
Titan implant May 2013

tbra21

Postby tbra21 » Mon May 20, 2013 11:41 pm

Hi
I think I spoke a bit too early
pain from hell last night along the shaft eventually took Oxycodone and a hot bath at 3 am in the morning
Hate oxycodone first time i have had to take it and am nearly 3 weeks post implant.
Feel dopey today but no pain
why at night
1 week till deflation i think that may help

Tony
PSA 8 age 44
Titan implant May 2013

Return to “Implants”