Question about flaccid state

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
gerryp

Question about flaccid state

Postby gerryp » Wed May 08, 2013 5:33 pm

I am now about 10 weeks post-op (Coloplast Titan). At this point my flaccid state is, as expected, longer than it used to be. However, it is also much harder than expected. When deflated, the penis points down to about 5 o'clock and is slightly more flexible than when inflated, but still feels like an erection. My question is: is this going to be the new norm or will the flaccid penis actually be a little softer with time?

Don't know if this applies mostly to Coloplast, or if AMS would be similar, but any comments on your own experience would be appreciated.

Gerry
Implant surgery March 8 with Dr. Francois Eid in NYC.

rlm1818

Re: Question about flaccid state

Postby rlm1818 » Thu May 09, 2013 10:33 am

Hi Gerry,

Make sure you're getting fully deflated. You should be able to get all the fluid out of the cylinders and have your penis look flattened and deformed, before it fills out a bit after that. See this link for more discussion of this issue.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1992&p=13936#p13638
Last edited by rlm1818 on Thu May 09, 2013 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Thu May 09, 2013 1:46 pm

AMS 700 LGX experience here. At 10 weeks things were still a little stiff when deflated. Now at 6months, a fair amount longer and only a little stiffer when fully deflated. At least when talking of the AMS, it does tend to soften over time. A good, gentle but thourough squeeze to finish deflation helps me become the most flexible.

Radiodec
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

rschweiger

Postby rschweiger » Thu May 09, 2013 5:12 pm

Hi Gerry,
I've heard the coloplast can be a little stiffer then the Ams. I have the LGX so I have no personal experience w/coloplast. But @ 9mo. post op I think I'm alright, also coloplast doesn't expand in length? So that may also have something to do w/it? With the lgx I am shorter flaccid then I am inflated so maybe that also has something to do with it? Ya got to get use to the new you.
Best wishes,Rich

inthezone

Postby inthezone » Fri May 10, 2013 10:45 am

Flaccid my AMS is still noteworthy. Commando with pants on it wants to point horizontal, so I keep boxer briefs to keep it up all the time so the scar tissue fills in where it should. Free hanging it wants to point straight out, not down. That's ok with me. But in the locker-room at my gym, where most everyone is pointing down, I know I'll raise an eyebrow, haven't crossed that bridge yet. My doc said the AMS reservoir in my abdomen can get encapsulated with scar tissue if I don't deflate the AMS with a good squeeze, otherwise I'll loose the fully flaccid state. So, I try to be diligent about equal time up and down. Fortunately I wear a blazer at work. Rotating my tires on my car, I found I had to "readjust" my crotch fairly often, even in the flaccid state. I might try jock strap in the future.
AMS 700 LGX Feb 2013.

gerryp

Postby gerryp » Fri May 10, 2013 3:37 pm

Thanks for the input, guys. Based in rlm1818's comment, it seems that so far I haven't been able to get all the fluid out of the cylinders when deflating. I have also read about a somewhat rare condition where scar tissue forms a too-tight capsule around the reservoir which can lead to auto-inflation. Perhaps that could also be the reason I'm not getting all the fluid out. In any case, I'll keep trying and plan to have a discussion with Dr. Eid soon if it remains a problem.

Gerry

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Sat May 11, 2013 10:02 am

Hi Gerry,

To expand even more on the comments on the link I gave, here are some more thoughts.

When I press the deflate pads I have to press quite hard and hold for a while. 5 seconds is probably enough most of the time, but I normally do an 8 count. And I do mean its quite a hard press. Once in a while I have to repeat, sometimes more than once. Its not that it doesn't deflate at all with a lesser press, but rather that it seems to trap fluid in the cylinders and prevents the rest from getting out, no matter how hard I squeeze my penis Yes, that is definitely a semi-erection when that happens. I suspect there is some valve thingy inside the pump that needs to get fully locked in an open position and that its a little tempermental.

Once its fully open, the fluid will drain out pretty well by itself. It will drain out better if I'm on my back and holding my penis up, and not as well if I'm standing. But the only way I can get all the fluid out is by squeezing my penis. Also quite hard. Because of the shape and size of my hands, to get it out of both cylinders I have to either alternate hands, or try palms together squeezing, and move up and down the shaft. It isn't necessary to get all the fluid out, and when I do, there is fluid in the part of the cylinders I can't reach that will drift down and later fill things out somewhat. However, I did make it a point to do a full deflate daily along with a full inflate daily for a long time, to keep scar tissue from building up around the reservoir as well as around the cylinders.

Once you have experienced the fully locked open position a few times (or whatever it is that actually happens) you will be able to tell pretty much right away whether you have gotten to that state, or need to squeeze again. Assuming you want to. Sometimes after sex I don't care if it gets fully deflated, and actually still prefer the semi. In that case I can press the deflate pads again later when I want full deflation.

Sometimes I enjoy being able to feel my penis gently rubbing against my clothes, as its a slight turn on and a bit of reminder of whats there, and in that case I will pump it a bit beyond fully deflated. But that's still normally less than a semi-erection and still very comfortable. I usually do that when I know there's going to be sex later.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

gerryp

Postby gerryp » Sat May 11, 2013 9:16 pm

rlm,

Thanks for the additional input. You've had a lot more time than I to experiment with the equipment and your comments are much appreciated.

Gerry

GaryRN

Postby GaryRN » Sun May 19, 2013 8:04 pm

In the flaccid state, which is all I have at this time, my penis is kept horizontal by the nest of tubing directly under it in the scrotum. The penis is bulkier and thicker in its flaccid state, but about an inch shorter. Part of the base of the penis is still embedded in the partially swollen scrotum. I have not inflated it yet. I have to wait till 6-5-13 to see Dr. Cara Cimmino of UVA, Charlottesville, VA. She is the fellow for Dr. Costabile. All he did is the surgery, she does the followup and first inflation and teaches me how to do it. I am not a shy person, as I am a retired Registered Nurse, and nudity does not bother me in front of the opposite sex. She is a very thorough and caring person.

From what I gather the ball part of the implanted scrotal pump is squeezed a few times to inflate the device, and then the deflate button is below that on the square part.
The ball of the pump seems rock hard. I hope it pumps and does the job. In the meantime, I get through a day at a time. When our girl is in school, I am naked around the house, as the tip of my penis is sore after 2 uti's and cloth touching it hurts. When our girl is from school, I wear men's string bikini underwear from Walmart and shorts and a t-shirt. The string bikini underwear allow me to raise the penis against my body so it doesn't point out straight all of the time.

Thanks, Gary

Return to “Implants”