Compression Problems Still at 11 weeks Post Op

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
dhfish

Compression Problems Still at 11 weeks Post Op

Postby dhfish » Tue May 07, 2013 3:04 pm

I am 11 weeks post op AMS 700 XL implant. I had severe peyronie's and while the healing process has been slower than I expected, everything has progressed well with one huge exception! I am looking for brothers who have experienced severe pain from compression - in other words I can't sit for very long periods of time (ride on a mower, ride in the car, have a long flight) without experiencing a great deal of pain. I use a doughnut seat as often as possible however I can not imagine living like this for the rest of my life! I am really looking for hope from someone that had this experience and progressively got better?

gerryp

Re: Compression Problems Still at 11 weeks Post Op

Postby gerryp » Wed May 08, 2013 5:18 pm

I'm 9 weeks post-op (Coloplast Titan), and have had similar discomfort with sitting. In my case, it mainly seems to be due to underwear/trousers pushing against the glans, but in some positions I still feel a bit of discomfort in the scrotum when the pump is pushed against one of the testicles. One thing I tried just yesterday that seems to help me is switching from Jockey Pouch briefs to a boxer type shorts. I've been much more comfortable wearing these.

Gerry
Implant surgery March 8 with Dr. Francois Eid in NYC.

rschweiger

Postby rschweiger » Thu May 09, 2013 9:09 am

My healing was totally unexpected,I had pain when sitting,pain when standing
Oh my god was in so much pain for quite awhile but it was always headed. In the right direction(deminishing over time)now at nine months post its just a memory.
Not a great memory,but all part of the process. And if things get to bad
You can always call your dr.

dhfish

Postby dhfish » Sat May 11, 2013 8:42 am

Thanks Rschweiger and GerryP, I appreciate your responses. Gerry I had already discovered the boxer relief - not sure why the medical staff doesn't tell everyone that after a short period in the tighty whites you are much better off in boxers! My glans where hyper sensitive to the rubbing from underwear, sheets, you name it anything that touched hurt but fortunately that has now subsided. Again the only remaining problem is compression but Rschweiger has given me what I was looking for - HOPE that this will get better. Thanks again guys!

Return to “Implants”