Pump Location

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
fireman

Pump Location

Postby fireman » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:30 pm

First I want to say Thank You, to everyone here at this forum. It was this forum that helped me make my final decision for the implant and to use Dr Milam at Vanderbilt. Dr Milam implanted the LGX for me on March 28th, almost 4 weeks ago. Saying that I'm pleased would be a understatement ! :D But for some reason I can not get the pump to move down farther into the scrotum. Its sitting at the penis base on the right side and it feels like its stuck in place. Skin feels like its glued to the thing, and its felt like that since day one. I've pulled, tugged and pushed to the extent of pain and he still refuses to move. What has been your experience with this? Is there still a chance this fellow will move on down or will he have to be forced into a new location? One thing is for sure, he can't stay where he's at ! Swelling is gone and the pump works great. I know Im supposed to wait for Dr Milam or Todd to activate it at 6 weeks but I wanted to make sure I didn't loose any length. Lost enough already due to graft surgery. One more question. On average how many pumps does it take you guys to get a full erection? I'm at full staff (with NO loss of length from implant surgery :D ) with 6 pumps and the bulb is hard. Does this mean I have many more pumps to go for full expansion? Hoping I can regain the one inch lost in graft surgery. I read on here that some of you take as many as 25 pumps to be fully erect.
2012 Patch graft by Dr Knoll in Nashville. Lost length and function. Original implant March 2013 by Dr Milam at Vandy, Nashville. LGX. Late 2014 Repair attempt by Dr Knoll , Nashville failed. Aug 20-2016 Total revision my Dr Kramer in Baltimore.

Dave92014

Re: Pump Location

Postby Dave92014 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:44 pm

I suggest you contact user Stickmn000 because he had that same problem of the pump being too high. His was only solved by having a different implant installed. Of course the real person to answer your question is your doctor. If you don't have an appointment within a few days, I would call him on the phone and pose the question. If my doctor had done the surgery and had been asked this question, I'm sure he would have me into the office the next day to evaluate the problem.

Dave
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

Itsfun

Postby Itsfun » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:52 am

My pump sits at the very bottom of my sac. I try to push it up higher as much and often as I can . It's too heavy to sit that low. Although it is very accessible. I've only been cycling for 5 days and it pumps up pretty quick. The first squeeze let's me fully compress the bulb. After that it's just short shallow compressions. I've done about 40 and the bulb hasn't gotten rock hard like it's supposed to.

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:45 am

Fireman,

Were you able to resolve this?

J
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm + 1cm RTE

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:32 pm

My pump is high also. My dr said that he could lower it just a little. I replied lets see where it is after 1 year.
Upon further thinking I've decided that high pump guys had an implant installed that was a pre assembled unit. Unfortunately the makers make the tubing a bit short. This is further complicated on men that have a deep crus. My crus is really deep. So much of the tubing is needed to get up & out of the crus. Thus there isn't enough length for the pump to hang at a lower spot in the scrotum.
Now to the upside. I think that having a pre assembled unit reduces tubing failures.
My drs nurse told me that Brant doesn't have very many implants that he installs that need revisions. He does do revisions but the original surgery was done by other surgeon.
Reading between the lines on my theory & time might prove me wrong. A high pump might be a good indication of better implant life span.
It might be interesting to have a thread by men that had a revision & where their pump had been hanging. Preferably men that had some version of tubing failure.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Return to “Implants”