First appointment with surgeon scheduled

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
JDavid

First appointment with surgeon scheduled

Postby JDavid » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:35 pm

May 30th is the day at noon with Dr. Karpman in Mountain View, California. I'd like to go sooner but I have been away from work a lot this Spring and have a reduced schedule this summer.
I am sixty-six years of age and dealing with gradually worsening ED for twenty years. At sixty-three I wanted something that worked reliably. I got an AMS 700 LGX implant in 6/25/13. I am entirely pleased with the outcome. My surgeon was Dr. Karpman.

Jbcsatx

Re: First appointment with surgeon scheduled

Postby Jbcsatx » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:17 pm

Sounds like you are on the road to hard and happy times! Lots of men here to support you before and after. Feel free to ask any of us any questions you might have. It is a major deciscion and not always a simple one- Know we care! Jim

bob1138

Postby bob1138 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:22 am

David,

Wishing you a lifetime of pleasure with your upcoming Penile Implant.
I was implanted with the Coloplast Titan in December 2007 and my wife and I both love it.
I have been a proud member of Dave's "Brotherhood of Bionic Boners" for the past 5 years and counting.
Please feel free to contact me with any non-medical Implant questions or just to talk.

Bob

JDavid

Postby JDavid » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:35 am

Thanks guys. I have mixed feelings and want to consult at least one more surgeon before making a decision. It's my impression that Dr. Karpman only uses AMS products. I will say that his scheduler, Mimi, is very nice. For example, she took into consideration that I'm a 4-5 hour drive away and deliberately scheduled me at noon so I wouldn't have to leave too early and could get out of the Bay Area before rush hour traffic.
I am sixty-six years of age and dealing with gradually worsening ED for twenty years. At sixty-three I wanted something that worked reliably. I got an AMS 700 LGX implant in 6/25/13. I am entirely pleased with the outcome. My surgeon was Dr. Karpman.

infinite19

Postby infinite19 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:57 pm

If I were u I would think long and strong about getting this done I only wished some one had told me the same thing

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:30 pm

JDavid,

You have heard that it ain't always rosy, that's fair. I will add that things can be great, they were for me even with one delay in the mix. My opinion is the more you want one the better they are.

By the way I like my AMS 700 LGX, but would have been happy with whatever my urologist had recommended as long as it worked. Experienced doctors tend to use implants that fit their operating style and yeild the largest number of satisfied pations. My surgeon switched from Coloplast to AMS, but can do and does either.

Radiodec
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

JDavid

Postby JDavid » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:07 pm

Thanks guys. That's why I'm stressing a bit over picking a surgeon. It's a high stakes decsion that we tend to have to make with little information. I am for all intents and purposes completely impotent and cannot even masturbate to an erection, not to mention ejaculation. The pills cause me to have rather severe vascular symptoms. Injections are contraindicated for me due to an abnormal propensity for scarring, that leaves VED, MUSE, and implant. VED is unacceptable to my spouse and my urologist doesn't like MUSE. So I'm pretty much there.

JDavid

Postby JDavid » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:12 pm

P.S. I think I'm a pretty good candidate as my problem is almost certainly a venous leak and I don't have any of those problems that make surgery more challenging.

Return to “Implants”