Set the surgery date with Dr Eid for May 7th!!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Bxguy1

Set the surgery date with Dr Eid for May 7th!!

Postby Bxguy1 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:10 am

I am a little nervous myself now having read ditchman's regreting post from today (no offense ditchman IT IS what you are dealing with) and coincidentally I just set my sugery date for May 7th (3 weeks!!!) Well during my meeting with Dr Eid today, he made a point of confirming what size I can expect and even though I've been using VED he said that it just stretches the head and I shouldnt expect more than his last estimation before the VED treatments..That kind of bummed me because I had thought VED increased size results..I guess that is only for PC patients whose penis' retract into the body or something like that. He also wanted to be sure that I didnt want to try injections or VED induced erection (using rubber band to choke off escaping bloodflow)..I cant see myself preparing for having sex with my wife by either of these preparations!! Ok, then Im thinking : maybe there's hope bcs I have morning wood but then I remember the truth that when I try to have sex it poops out at the slightest change of position or stop in stimulation (either physical or mental)..Then i think I have to go with the IPP to be spontaneous again (that I miss a lot bcs over the years I have had to take pills and sometimes it was for nothing if my wife changed her mind and then I still had to suffer the side effects!!).. So maybe if I settle down and prepare myself for a 1/2 inch loss but a strong erection just the same I will be better prepared..But then there's the issue of shrunken head syndrome (not really but that is a fear) and inability to feel for a long time (or maybe longer??) anyway these are the conflicting thoughts I'm dealing with!! Ambiguity is setting in!! Not now! I've been looking foward to this and now doubt is rearing it's head at me!!
54 y/o and suffered from organic ED (peyronies) for 10+ yrs. Pills stopped working, injections too painful and VED not for us.
Implanted on May 7, 2013 with 24 cm C/P Titan zero angle by Dr. Eid, NYC.

Steven1111

Re: Set the surgery date with Dr Eid for May 7th!!

Postby Steven1111 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:50 pm

Man can I relate to this post. I have a date scheduled for May 9th and have many of the same concerns you do. I have gone back and forth several times since I made the appt. a few weeks ago about whether or not to do this thing to myself. I've been driving myself nuts with it on occasion. But I figure I'm very unhappy where I'm at now and I have to try to change things. All the downsides are possible but then again so are all the upsides. I'm trying to stay positive and keep breathing deeply and not letting my fears get too hard a hold on me. I think expectations are a big deal and it sounds like you have yours in line with reality to me. It's how I'm preparing. I may lose some length, I may not, I dunno. I don't want to but then again I want to be hard again. I want to share this with my lover and partner and am ready to deal with the healing issues and all that follows. I figured it would take longer to heal than people say just because surgery is that way. I've had a couple of them and have always taken longer to heal even tho I heal fast. Keep reading the good posts on here about all the success stories that guys have had, just like you will. I have every confidence that you'll come out OK and be alright. Hang in there and I'll do the same. Looks like we'll both be Bionic men about the same time. Congratulations to us both! Prepare to enjoy yourself whenever you're able to. Don't try to push the river and just let it happen in its own time. It will.
All the best to you,
Steve
64 year old gay man. Brachytherapy Radiation for Prostate Cancer Oct. 2010. Permanent ED Nov. 2012. Failed pills, pumps and injections. Happily implanted with AMS CX May 9th, 2013. Sex Rocks again! Thanks to everyone for such caring support.

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:51 pm

Bxguy1 wrote:I am a little nervous myself now having read ditchman's regreting post from today

It's typical to be nervous ... we all were. However did you read Ditchman's history ... to understand his regret?
http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1753 ... major scar tissue issues and blood flow problems surely effect the expected outcome.
even though I've been using VED he said that it just stretches the head and I shouldnt expect more than his last estimation before the VED treatments

I would disagree that VED just stretches the head ... many URO's recommend VED prior to an Implant. You have to remember Dr Eid is an Implant surgeon/salesman ...
So maybe if I settle down and prepare myself for a 1/2 inch loss but a strong erection

Your partner will never notice a 1/2" difference ... but they will notice the hardness of your newfound erection ...
But then there's the issue of shrunken head syndrome (not really but that is a fear) and inability to feel for a long time

The shrunken head usually only occurs if you have previous blood flow problems ... which with age many of us do ... as for the "inability to feel for a long time" ... that's just not true. You should have the same sensations after as you had before.
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

Bxguy1

Postby Bxguy1 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:18 am

Thank you Steve and Bionic! I was pretty gung-ho initially when I first decided to go with the implant solution and pretty much was convinced up until I made the commitment. (I guess because it's irreversable it kind of hit me that I better be sure!)..but your rational words certainly helped be get grounded again in the reality of my lack of a sex life and the options I'm faced with...Bionic, you really pointed out my irrational worries and you were helpful however I'm not sure what you meant when you said Eid is a surgeon/salesman in response to his opinion on VED not increasing size..how would he benefit as a salesman by telling me that? I will certainly continue to read the success stories here on FT to get back on track and ready for my surgery on May 7th! I will be bionic and that's the main thing!

Thanks again guys!
54 y/o and suffered from organic ED (peyronies) for 10+ yrs. Pills stopped working, injections too painful and VED not for us.

bob1138

Postby bob1138 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:12 am

Bxguy1,

I developed ED Post-Prostatectomy in February 2004 and suffered with ED and its many begative side-effects for over 3 years with none of the "standard" ED Treatment Modalities working to my satisfaction.
Then, in December 2007 I underwent the Coloplast Titan Penile Implant Procedure, which was performed at
Hackensack UMC in NJ by Dr. Hossein Sadeghi-Nejad.
The Implant completely corrected my ED and restored both my sex life and the emotional bond with my wife.
We celebrated our 50th Wedding Anniversary on September 8, 2012 and have been fully enjoying my Titan Implant for the past 5 years and counting.
Like most men, I went into the surgery with some trepidation but, looking back over the past 5+ years, I would do it again
in a heart-beat!!
My wife and I both feel blessed to have this important part of our lives returned to us.
I wish you a lifetime of pleasure with your upcoming Penile Implant.
Bob

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:41 am

Bxguy1 wrote:I guess because it's irreversable it kind of hit me that I better be sure!

I see this statement quite often, and it's rather confusing ... irreversible back to what ... especially if you can't have a reliable erection now? After your Implant surgery and healing, you will have a much better outlook on this ... once you realize that ED no longer exists ...
I'm not sure what you meant when you said Eid is a surgeon/salesman in response to his opinion on VED not increasing size..how would he benefit as a salesman by telling me that?

Well ... he is in the business of Implants ($$$) and not VED devices ... and his statement is undocumented, nor is it documented anywhere else.
http://www.urologicalcare.com/other-ed-treatments/vacuum-constriction-devices/
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

Bxguy1

Postby Bxguy1 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:29 pm

Thanks for the support and encouragement guys, I do feel better about things now! Well, while I'm waiting for my surgery date, I am going to continue my VED and purchase the supplies I'll need post op and concentrate on a positive longterm outcome...as far as supplies go I will buy some ice bags, heat packs, jockey shorts, stool softener and ibuprophin of course. Over the years (I'm 54) I've had a few surgeries and I know that I don't tolerate percocet or tylenol 3 very well (I get very nausious) so ibuprophin will be my pain killer of choice and if it gets too bad I will try a 1/4 tablet of percocet (cautiously!)..I can say I do look foward to the results of the coloplast titan implant. From what I've read here and elsewhere online, It will give me a strong thick erection! And of course all the fun I will have using it! Basically now its 3 weeks to go and ED will be behind me (where it belongs!)...If there are any suggestions on supplies or preparation, I'd really appreciate it!!

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:37 pm

Bxguy1 wrote:If there are any suggestions on supplies or preparation, I'd really appreciate it!!

I would recommend an inflatable donut cushion ... I still use mine and it's great to take along for events, trips, etc.

michaelharvey

Postby michaelharvey » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:10 pm

I agree, you do have to be somewhat careful about surgeon "bias", meaning of course they recommend implants/procedures that they get reimbursed for...but having said that- they're not salesmen, they are bound by an oath to do what's best. Maybe a better way to put it is they are good at penile implant procedures, so in a way they see the positives of the procedure, and it's in line with their practice patterns, so they tend to "promote" it a bit. Anyway, I had a Coloplast done, and think it's exceptional, Dr. Kramer who did mine recommended it, and was right in doing so, I'm extremely happy.
My recommendation is go to either Kramer, Eid, or Perito, they are the best (in my opinion, and I researched it a LOT). Good luck, let me know if you have any questions or issues. MH

Bxguy1

Postby Bxguy1 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:30 pm

"My recommendation is go to either Kramer, Eid, or Perito, they are the best (in my opinion, and I researched it a LOT). Good luck, let me know if you have any questions or issues." MH

I agree with you on Eid and Kramer but fyi Perito is suspect. Google his name and you will see a lot of dirt regarding involvement in watering down cancer meds for re-sale , a co-ownership of a sleezy strip club and not to mention a couple of lawsuits regarding amputations :x

Return to “Implants”