I am ready for an Implant.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
tankerman

I am ready for an Implant.

Postby tankerman » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:09 am

I just did an Injection about 45 minutes ago and it did not work, I am sooo fed up with with these f'ing Injections I have made up my mind I am going to get an Implant asap before my marriage statrs to suffer from this f'ing crap. I have Kiaser Insurance so I think I have to go with a Kiaser Uro even though I really would like the more recomended Doc like Dr Eid or Krammer or Perito. Guys I just want a normal sex life with my wife and not have to worry about being able to maintain my erection, is the shot going to work this time, am I going to be able to perform, this is really starting to get to me again I think the only way out at this point is to have the Implant, please guys any support and info would be a great help because really at this point I need all the help I can get, thanks guys and have a happy Easter.
I am 48 years old have had ED since I was 16, I can get an erection but I can not maintain it, tried pills I dont like the side effects, tried Trimix it has been hit and miss, I think I should get an implant.

irishguy

Re: I am ready for an Implant.

Postby irishguy » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:12 am

Hey tankerman i feel your pain i was ten years fighting ed, i tryed EVERYTHING, the injections did nothing for me either, oral tabs and muse and every kind of lotion and potion off the internet had no effect.. So i got implanted nearly 2 weeks ago.. When i went in for the weeks checkup, i was told that the implant was well deflated... Now if its "well deflated" then i have no doubt that when inflated il have the hardest pipe in ireland.. So hardness wise the titan that i got will be fantastic. SIZE WISE im much smaller than before but im sure after healing and getting to full stretch with the implant il be back to my best.. RECOVERY WISE im still in alot of pain and discomfort, il definetly need the 4 to 6 week recovery, now tankerman everyone differs some dnt have pain at all after the operation.. Some have lost an inch or two and grew it back, some havnt, so be ware of the not so good outcomes, which are in the minority, but implants have a high satisfaction rate.. Also you like me have no other option nothing else works... So i wish you the best in your decision..
Age 34 Implanted with a 20cm Titan, Mar 19 2013, By Doctor David Ralph in London England,
8 years with implant and after a rocky start I’m very happy with the implant

Dave92014

Postby Dave92014 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:08 pm

Tankerman I was in exactly the same place and state of mind as you last October so I got my implant 10/31/12. Getting it was the best decision for me, and I am very happy I did that. There was some pain and anxiety connected with the surgery but in the end the result was well worth it, especially compared to the alternative. I recommend you go for it. IMO when you reach the point that nothing else is working, the easy choice is to go for the implant which has a 99.5% probability of working for you. (The only reason it might not work is if you should get an infection, but the docs have it down to where that only happens in 1 out of 200 patients, so that gives the 99.5% probability of working. If I could find a stock that had a 99.5% of going up I would buy it in an instant.)
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

tankerman

Postby tankerman » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:31 pm

Thanks for the imput Dave ,,, yes I am really fed up with all the other options, after trying to have sex with my wife last night and it not working it nearly pushed us both over the edge,,, I just want to be able to keep my erection DAM I AM PISSED MY F'ING PENIS DOESNT WORK :x
I am 48 years old have had ED since I was 16, I can get an erection but I can not maintain it, tried pills I dont like the side effects, tried Trimix it has been hit and miss, I think I should get an implant.

antelope

Postby antelope » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:18 pm

Yep, of all the body parts to fail...

Every man here knows just how you feel, Tanker. The land of limp really blows. It sounds like you've tried all the remedies, and it seems now, indeed, is the time to go for the implant. Best wishes for an easy procedure! Keep us posted. We'll be cheering you on!

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

greggshere

Postby greggshere » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:21 pm

Go for it Tankerman, I am a little over 3 weeks post implant and I could not be happier. The pain was minimal, the flaccid package is very nice, and both my wife and I are like little kids at Christmas. Even though it is too early to use it (Drs. orders) we are both very anxious and cannot wait for the next three weeks to pass. that is when I get the green light to use it. We already booked a cruise for September and we plan to use it extensively during that. my wife is also looking for a nice room at the beach for three weeks from today for the maiden voyage. I can tell you that right now my self esteem has been boosted tremendously with what I see today, and I know it will be even better when it is operational. Go for it man, no use waiting any longer. :)

tankerman

Postby tankerman » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:26 pm

thanks guys,,, I called my Dr today and he will call me back on Monday to discuss going forward, again thanks to all of you you are all so awsome.

Jbcsatx

Postby Jbcsatx » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:30 pm

We all feel your pain and have been there-noone can imagine the mental aspects of ED unless they have been in our shoes. I was like you-there was one night of failure that just pushed me over the edge and I decided that I WAS going to get the implant. Almost 6 months later, it is the grandest thing I have ever done for myself. I am a whole new person-and finally after dealing with ED most of my life-I feel like a whole person and it is remarkable. I had a great surgeon and the outcome was wonderful with very little pain, swelling, or bruising. I wish you and all the other FT members considering an implant the best of luck. This site with its member support has been a life saver. I stumbled upon it after I had decided to get the implant and I cannot tell you how it felt to have the support from the men here. Happy Easter to all of you!

bob1138

Postby bob1138 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:05 am

Hi Tankerman,
I'm glad you decided to move forward with the Penile Implant Procedure.
As you know from our previous discussions, I was implanted with the Coloplast Titan in December 2007 after developing ED
Post-Prostatectomy in February 2004.
Thankfully, the Implant completely corrected my ED and restored both my sex life and the emotional bond with my wife.
We celebrated our 50th Anniversary on September 8, 2012 and have been fully enjoying my Titan Implant for the
past 5 years and counting.
I wish the same for you and your wife.
Best of Luck,
Bob

tankerman

Postby tankerman » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:10 pm

Hi guys,, well I just talked to my Doc and he is going to talk to my Uro about about talking to me about an Implant. My Doc said my Uro will most likely try to talk me out of it I really dont know why he would as I have tried the other options,, I will post my progress with my Docs so you guys will have an idea of what I am getting ready to deal with. Thanks guys and hard ones to all,, talk to ya soon byby.

Return to “Implants”