Help

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
rken6702

Help

Postby rken6702 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:36 pm

ssesdw
Last edited by rken6702 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Minnesota

Re: Help

Postby Minnesota » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:40 am

Is anyone else on this forum shocked that his doctor was playing with the pump or deflating ONE week after? I do not mean to dodge the initial question, but I think that there needs to be some serious recovery time before any usuage or activation. BUT I am not a doctor. What kind of implant is it? I have one the Titan for three years now and sometimes it can still be hard to squeeze.
Diagnosed with ED at age of 19, Implanted with Coloplast Titan at age 20. Now 34 (2023)
Titan failed 09/2020, replaced on 10/2/2020 by Kolher @ Mayo Clinic in Minnesota

knotreel

Postby knotreel » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:29 am

Some people have reported being left inflated, or I would say very partially inflated, and then being deflated or at least "auto"deflated at an early doctor visit. But most people do not try inflating themselves in week one. So, just wait be patient. Right now your scrotum is still swollen? and that makes it hard to get a good squeeze, in my case it was even hard to find the pump. It seems you were somewhat inflated after the operation and you tried to inflate more without being able really get a good grip on the pump, it is no surprise that it was hard to squeeze. Your penis tissue maybe have been stretched a little, or at least fully filled, before you tried and any further pumping at that point would enlarging it. That take some force and usually several months to stretch it out, especially if you haven't had a good erection in a good while. Just leave it alone till you heal some more.
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

Terry1094

Postby Terry1094 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:34 pm

You really shouldn't be messing with it at one week. I saw Dr at 2 weeks and he left it partially inflated. Yes, it hurts. That is part of the process. I am two months post op and it still hurts a bit.
And heres a helpful hint for you.......when you're outside with the snow blower, and it's cold as the ice box..DO NOT GO INSIDE TO PEE WITHOUT WARMING YOUR HANDS FIRST!!!!! Good mother of god my fingers were friggin' cold!!!!

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:02 pm

rken6702 wrote:I dont think that she actually hit the release button because my penis is still at least a 1/4 stiff...and it hurts.

See if you can feel the release button ... if so hold in the button with one hand (it will be very tender) and squeeze the shaft of your penis with the other hand. This may relieve some of the fluid (if exists) ... yes your penis will feel very stiff for a while until things loosen up.

If you have clearance from URO ... sit in a hot bath for a while ... this helps loosen things up ...
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

Dave92014

Postby Dave92014 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:18 pm

I did not operate my pump myself until authorized by my doc 7 weeks after my surgery. Some people do use it earlier though. I was partially erect, similar to what you describe for several weeks after the surgery. I believe that part or most of that was that my penis was swollen from the surgery. It was not until about 7 weeks or more after surgery that I got back to mostly flacid. I had lots of pain in the left scrotum and at the base of the penis but not much in the penis as you describe. But from what I have read different guys have different pain so yours is probably normal for you. The main thing to worry about is infection. If you have major pain, you should see the doc to rule out infection. If it is minor, you probably don't need to.

Regarding the $150 to see the doc, for my implant and my previous prostate surgery, my doc charged one fee which included all necessary post-op visits. I think that is standard practice. So I think you should not be charged for post-op visits. Check with your doc's office to be sure though.

Hang in there. It is usually a bit rough the first week or three but it gets better soon.
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

Return to “Implants”