AMS Pump Operation Questions

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Dave92014

Re: AMS Pump Operation Questions

Postby Dave92014 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:41 pm

DavidJohns wrote:I had the same model you have installed in 2002. I use the two-hand method to inflate, and the two hand method to deflate (one hand on the release valve and the other hand squeezing my penis to help the saline solution exit and go back into the reservoir). Would have happy to answer anyone's questions.

Thanks for your response. I posted in another thread about the problem I had where the bulb got stuck in the deflate state and would not suck fluid from the reservoir into the cylinders. That problem happened on last Tuesday night and the next morning but then did not happen again. Now I have pumped successfully without having the problem 7 different times. I think maybe I had the problem because I was not squeezing the bulb forcefully enough. Hopefully the more forceful squeezing I am doing is adequate to assure the problem will not happen again. Have you ever had a problem where the bulb got stuck and would only pull fluid out of the cyclinders and not from the reservoir?

Since I started pumping only recently I am still learning about what to expect. In my first few pumping sessions, about half the time on my first squeeze the bulb would start out fairly hard but then would collapse suddenly. I thought that indicated the valve had switched from deflate to inflate. But the last six times I have pumped I have not had that sudden collapse of the bulb on the first squeeze. I proceded with subsequent squeezes and got a good inflation which lasted for at least 20 minutes, so the valve must have switched fully to inflate. Do you get that sudden collapse on your first squeeze of pumping?
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:38 pm

Definite "pop" feeling on first squeeze the soft squeeze till bulb is flat. Pumping stays soft until implant is near max then gets more and more difficult to pump.

Dave
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

Dave92014

Postby Dave92014 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:57 pm

radiodec wrote:Definite "pop" feeling on first squeeze the soft squeeze till bulb is flat. Pumping stays soft until implant is near max then gets more and more difficult to pump.

Dave

Thanks for the info.
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

bobsteel

Postby bobsteel » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:05 pm

Where can I find information on the different modes mentioned?
Inflate mode
Pump and hold mode
Reset mode
Deflate mode
Bypass mode
Married 71 yrs old Implanted 5/30/18. AMX 7oo cx ms 18 cm with 1 cm and 2cm rte. ED for many years. Pills stopped working and injections sort of helped. I sure miss the inch I lost but it works.

ocitgo

Postby ocitgo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:05 am

ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:01 am

bobsteel wrote:Where can I find information on the different modes mentioned?
Inflate mode
Pump and hold mode
Reset mode
Deflate mode
Bypass mode

I have a "Users Manual for the AMS models. It won't let me post it on the website but if you provide me with an email address I will send it to you. :)

Larry

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:01 am

bobsteel wrote:Where can I find information on the different modes mentioned?
Inflate mode
Pump and hold mode
Reset mode
Deflate mode
Bypass mode

I have a "Users Manual for the AMS models. It won't let me post it on the website but if you provide me with an email address I will send it to you. :)

Larry

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:10 pm

Dave92014 wrote:
DavidJohns wrote:I had the same model you have installed in 2002. I use the two-hand method to inflate, and the two hand method to deflate (one hand on the release valve and the other hand squeezing my penis to help the saline solution exit and go back into the reservoir). Would have happy to answer anyone's questions.

Thanks for your response. I posted in another thread about the problem I had where the bulb got stuck in the deflate state and would not suck fluid from the reservoir into the cylinders. That problem happened on last Tuesday night and the next morning but then did not happen again. Now I have pumped successfully without having the problem 7 different times. I think maybe I had the problem because I was not squeezing the bulb forcefully enough. Hopefully the more forceful squeezing I am doing is adequate to assure the problem will not happen again. Have you ever had a problem where the bulb got stuck and would only pull fluid out of the cyclinders and not from the reservoir?

Since I started pumping only recently I am still learning about what to expect. In my first few pumping sessions, about half the time on my first squeeze the bulb would start out fairly hard but then would collapse suddenly. I thought that indicated the valve had switched from deflate to inflate. But the last six times I have pumped I have not had that sudden collapse of the bulb on the first squeeze. I proceded with subsequent squeezes and got a good inflation which lasted for at least 20 minutes, so the valve must have switched fully to inflate. Do you get that sudden collapse on your first squeeze of pumping?

At times I get the bulb collapsed and can not push the release button either mode. In this case, you squeeze the release button bar on the ends. Thumb on one end of the bar and finger on the other end of the bar, Squeeze. You will feel everything reset.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Gordon

Postby Gordon » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:06 pm

If you don’t feel the “collapse “ on the first squeeze then simply press the release valve and it should reset.
Married 64
AMS LGX 700 2/15/2017

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:12 pm

I have had that problem several times with the MS valve. I panicked the first time it happened, but what I do is squeeze the ball as much as possible and usually I hear like a popping sound. I guess it is like a spring resetting the ball back in place. So now since I do not trust it, I leave the cylinders partially pumped up. About two or three pumps gives you a firm, but a natural feeling. The thing is if you need to pump up right away to have sex and prevent an embarrassing situation, I prefer to leave it like if you had a semi hard on. Then a few more pumps and you are ready for some serious action. :o

I honestly believe that AMS has a problem with the MS valve. I do not think it should do that, but I do not want to go back for a replacement IF it is defective device.
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

Return to “Implants”