My Implant Journey

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Genome

Last Scheduled Appt.... and release

Postby Genome » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:24 pm

I met with Dr. Milam on the 12th for my final inspection before being totally released. The equipment all works perfectly. :) However the implant is too short to support my glans...and the first inch behind it. This is unacceptable as you can see in this thread/blog. :cry: The glans tends to fold back during sex and masturbation. Dr Milam has finally acknowledged that i may need to have the implant surgically pushed forward to allow it to snug up against my glans. So for the next 8 months i will use a VED pump to help me regain as much of my lost length asd possible. Regain is more likely as the scar tissue inside my penis relaxes and thins. Then I will go back to him and we will decide if we need to add an extension to the back of the implant...and how big an extension...that would push the whole thing forward and against the glans. We shall see what changes time brings about.
Last edited by Genome on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

imhungguy

Re: My Implant Journey

Postby imhungguy » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:26 pm

I would caution you about lengthening the cylinders in your penis. As a lot of you know, I am on my third implant (Coloplast Titan), and although it works fairly well, consulations with Dr. Eid in NY and another experienced uro here in Florida, I have been advised that the cylinders are too long (one longer than the other), and that there is danger of erosion into my glans. I am not physically bothered by it and am probably not going to have yet another revision, but there seems to be a fairly fine line between too short and too long. A word to the wise. Maybe the attached pic does not really show the cylinder length, but if I were to press my glans against the tips, the evidence would be more apparent. Bill
Implant.jpg

Genome

Postby Genome » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:19 pm

Bill....thanks for the warning about a too-long implant. Will try to be mindful of that when Milam and I talk in a few months.

Genome

Postby Genome » Tue May 17, 2011 1:38 pm

Time for another update. Was implanted Nov 17th. Today is May 17th. Things are going well. No pain of any sort. No problems other than the implant being too short for my shaft, causing a floppy glans and a significant loss of length and girth. As you can see in these pictures...as compared to previous ones in this thread...not much has changed. Healing is totally complete and has been for months.

Pictures here are all flaccid. The stiff Titan implant causes my penis to stick out like a semi-erection...even though the implant is fully deflated.

Genome

Postby Genome » Tue May 17, 2011 1:42 pm

The following pics are all erect....implant fully inflated. Note that the penis is the same size as flaccid penis above. No real change in size with inflation. Just a change in angle and stiffness.
Last edited by Genome on Tue May 17, 2011 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Genome

Postby Genome » Tue May 17, 2011 1:51 pm

Just a few more erection pics for comparison and updating my status.

If you look you can see the location of the pump in the lower portion of the scrotum. It is slightly red and toward the left side of the pic.

antelope

Postby antelope » Tue May 17, 2011 3:49 pm

Well done Jerry, thanks. It has, indeed, been quite a journey for you, hasn't it?
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Genome

Postby Genome » Tue May 17, 2011 6:40 pm

Gentlemen......I have been asked to delete my pictures from this thread so potential corporate supporters of this website will not be alarmed. I am more than happy to do whatever is necessary to help this site continue. My whole intent was to provide documentation in the form of words and pictures. Many have told me the thread has been helpful in the decision to implant or not. I do realize the pictures were helpful to those considering a transplant. And I realize much of what is written in this thread is confusing with the pictures missing. Jerry

knotreel

Postby knotreel » Tue May 17, 2011 7:42 pm

I would not put my own privates on the internet for lots of reasons. However I must agree with you and I did look at a lot of your pictures. Your pictures apeared before I got mine done and did graphically explain in a way words could not what I would go through. It certainly gave me pause and kept me from being shocked when i took my first look. So, thanks for sharing. There should be a place available where we could look at pictures such as yours and find out what we are in for. A doctor might be hesitant to show his patients this type of stuff for fear of alarming us, maybe. Possibly a blog or maybe Jack or somebody else might want to host graphic reports like yours on their blogs? Anyway I hope you are not disapointed and you can take heart that you did some good.
Ron
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

antelope

Postby antelope » Tue May 17, 2011 8:32 pm

Amen.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Return to “Implants”