Jere's Journey

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
rglassva

Re: Jere's Journey

Postby rglassva » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:44 pm

Jere - glad to hear you are now new and improved - cograts on the new LGX. Keep us informed on your progress.
Rick
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

jeremc

Postby jeremc » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:42 pm

Paul and all Members:

I pray that all of you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Nude Year!

Paul, you and Frank Talk have been a God send to all of us, and I thank you for that.

Guys, remember, this is the season for giving. Please go to the home page and click on the Donate button. Every cent counts on helping Paul keep this site up for us.

Merry Christmas!

Jere
Page 7, 1st LGX 18+3 on 12/27/2012. 2nd LGX 18+6 on 12/11/2014, 3ed CX 24+3 on 5/29/19. bionicjere on Skype

Membrillo

Postby Membrillo » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:43 pm

Hey jere , Mery christmas , and congratulations for the good results of your implant. who did your surgery?

jeremc

Postby jeremc » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:20 am

Membrillo, Dr William Van Bingham did the first one at St Francis in Memphis (12/27/2012) and Dr Brian Christine did the second one at St Vincent in Birmingham (12/10/2014). Good luck on getting yours! I would use Dr Christine again or maybe Dr Dean Knoll in Nashville. Contact me by private message if you have more questions.
Jere
Page 7, 1st LGX 18+3 on 12/27/2012. 2nd LGX 18+6 on 12/11/2014, 3ed CX 24+3 on 5/29/19. bionicjere on Skype

jeremc

Postby jeremc » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:25 pm

Second Aniversary

It's been two years today since I joined the Bionic Brotherhood.

I'm working on posting the Operative Report from my Salvage Procedure I had December 10th.

Hope all of you are enjoying the Holidays!

Jere

jeremc

Postby jeremc » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:41 pm

Here is the OR report from my Salvage Procedure.

OPERATIVE REPORT
12/10/2014

PREOPERATIVE DIAGNOSES:

1. Erectile dysfunction
2. Chronic implant pain.

POSTOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIES:

1. Erectile dysfunction
2. Chronic implant pain

PROCEDURE: Removal and replacement of inflatable penile prosthesis. (Salvage Procedure from infection)

SURGEON: Dr. Brian Christine

ANESTHESIA: General

The patient was given vancomycin and gentamicin. (infection/bacteria) He was taken to the operating room and placed under general anesthesia, placed in supine position, genitalia prepped and draped. We examined the patient and there was noted to be no fixation of the pump of the overlying skin. However, we did see that the left cylinder tip was not out to the mid glans versus the right cylinder tip. We placed a Foley catheter in the bladder and we cut down on the scrotum and delivered the pump from the field. We cultured around this area, but there was no obvious infection. We then inflated the device and we traced the input tube back to the cylinders and we removed each cylinder. We then cut down the tubing to the reservoir without difficulty. We then irrigated all the implant space with copious amounts of antibiotic solution. We irrigated with multiple rounds of antibiotic solution. We then placed stay stitches of 2-0 Vicryl (absorbable suture) into each edge of the corporal bodies. We then took measurements and measurement of the left was 12 cm distal and 14 cm proximal, on the right was 12 distal and 12 cm proximal. It was obvious that there had been a perforation on the patient’s left. I suspect that this had been unrecognized and this was why the left cylinder did not extend to mid glans. We decided to use the measurements form the right side because these were true measurements. The patient was insistent preoperatively he wanted LGX cylinders. We used 18-cm LGX cylinders and 6-cm rear tip extenders and we placed the right cylinder and ____ into the corporal body and then used a combination of interrupted stitches and the previously placed stay stitches to close the right corporotomy. On the left, we performed a rear tit extender sling and using a double armed 2-0 Prolene and passed this through the rear tip extender and then placed the cylinder into place and passed the arms of the Prolene through the tunica and the corporal body on each side. We then closed the corporotomies with multiple interrupted stiches and of Vicryl and the previously place stay stitches. We did not tie the Prolene at this point. We places a Conceal reservoir through the left external ring without difficulty and placed 105 mL of saline. We placed the pump in the new position in the scrotum. Throughout the case, we irrigated with antibiotic solution. We secured the pump into the scrotum in a good position with Vicryl stitches. We then made connections between the pump and reservoir. We also excised a bit of excess input tubing and connected with straight connectors. We inflated the device and pulled the cylinder tips out to the mid glans on both sides and equal distance and then tied the Prolene stitch of the rear tip extender sling to itself. This anchored the left cylinder in place. The result was cosmetically excellent. We placed a drain through a stab incision in the right lower quadrant and secured the drain to the skin with silk and placed the drain in the scrotum. We closed the scrotum in multiple layers with Vicryl and the Monocryl subcuticular on the skin. We left the prosthesis about 75% inflated.

Sponge, needle, instrument counts correct.

A mummy wrap dressing applied.

Blood loss: 10-mL.

The patient was awakened and taken to recovery in stable condition.

rglassva

Postby rglassva » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:19 am

Jere - so now that you're into your second implant - does that make you double bionic? Recovery from first vs. second? Less/more bruising/swelling?

Rick
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

jerseyhulk

Postby jerseyhulk » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:47 am

I would like to know how your recovery was compared to the first one also. I'm 33 years old and just got implanted a month ago with my first AMS 700LGX. I know I'll outlive it so I have to be prepared for that. Also I'm curious, maybe you posted it but I didn't catch it since this is a very long thread, did the cylinders increase in size with your second one compared to the first. Just wondering if the first stretches the corpra and hopefully will gain size with my next. Thank you.

jeremc

Postby jeremc » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:39 pm

Hey Rick & Jersey:
The second one is a lot easier. I had brushing for one day and it was very small around the incision.
I did lay low on the first one for two weeks, and the second one only about three days. Ice was only used for one day too.
My first implant was a total of 21 cm. (18cm cylinders, 3cm RTE) I've gained a little over an inch with the first, so the second one is 24 cm. (18cm cylinders, 2-3cm RTE)
At this rate, getting a new implant every two years and adding 3cm each time, In ten years I'll be 12 inches long :lol:

Rick, congrats on your up coming surgery 8/26.

Jersey, Welcome to the Bionic Brotherhood!

Jere

Tom Jones

Postby Tom Jones » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:58 pm

Jere,
In your write up, you mentioned that your tubing was attached to the tissue in your ball sack. I had an implant 9 days ago and I feel that the top of the release valve and/or tubing is attached either via stitching or scar tissue to my ball sack. I mentioned this to my doctor and he said that is not possible. It would be too soon for scar tissue to adhere to anything. Maybe he stitched the tubing in with the sack closure. Most of my sack pain is from this "attached feeling" any advice?

Return to “Implants”