Pumping after implanting

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
danny1553

Pumping after implanting

Postby danny1553 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:55 am

I have a couple of questions about using pump after the implant procedure.
I know that in order to minimize the post-op length loss I need to pump it every day till the surgery day.
Then as far as I know pumping after the surgery is vital as well to minimize scarring and improve stretching as well as overall penile health due to increased blood flow.

Now here come the questions I am not sure the answer of (my uro never replies me so this forum is my only source of information).
1. How soon after the surgery should I start pumping?
2. When pumping, do I have to inflate the implant as well; or pumping has to be done on its own?
3. Wear and tear question - inflating the implant every day would cause more mechanical wearing and thus increasing the chance of mechanical failure. How often do I need to inflate it (outside of the intercourse usage) in order to maintain the good stretching ability? Doing just pumping without the implant inflation would help to maintain penile health without wearing the device?

Thank you

Illuminist

Re: Pumping after implanting

Postby Illuminist » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:33 pm

I never heard of using a penis pump AFTER being implanted. Who gave you this piece of advice? I was told to inflate daily and not to use a pump after being implanted.

danny1553

Postby danny1553 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:12 pm

Well that was coming from the pharmacist I got my pump from. He said this is a must have device, and those who use it before and after the surgery seldom experience any length loss at all. He said that it helps to minimize scarring thus resulting in better results. I mentioned that to my uro during my last visit but he neither confirmed nor denied the statement.

Why do you think this would be any problem. I guess gentle pumping is no different from stretching but more safe for the tissue.

reynell

Postby reynell » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:12 pm

Although i have not got to that stage,
My Dr said don not pump after implant surg. It could cause tissue damage to your penis.

As far as length or gerth loss, He said you will get that back and even more, give it time. You can expect size growth up to two yrs after implant.

The life expentency of the AMS 700 is 20 years or more if properly taken care of, Inflated on a regular basis and not directly hit with blunt trama. And he also said to have fun trying to wear it out! It is very simple and made of heavy plastic.

As far as minimizing scar tissue tha is why you go home with a 20% erection untill the post op check up.
Sounds like someone is wanting to make a VED sale. I would check with the dr before you do anything.

Rey

danny1553

Postby danny1553 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:41 am

Thank you reynell

I will definitely ask my uro as there might be a case of a "broken phone" communication.

BTW inflating on the regular basis - what that would be? 2 times per week, per month, or maybe per day?

Illuminist

Postby Illuminist » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:51 am

danny1553 wrote:Thank you reynell

I will definitely ask my uro as there might be a case of a "broken phone" communication.

BTW inflating on the regular basis - what that would be? 2 times per week, per month, or maybe per day?

Everyday. I do it on average 2-3 times a day. I've been implanted for 1 year.

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:58 pm

The AMS user manual specifically states you ARE NOT to use a VED after an AMS implant. I don't know about the Coloplast Titan, which claims to have sturdier components. But, I've never heard of a doctor recommending it. Nor do I see the benefits. I have Titan OTR and happily dumped my VED in the trash as soon as I had the implant and knew it was successful. I hated the VED.

As far as pumping the implant itself, that's different. Once I was cleared (in my case after about 6 weeks, though some are cleared sooner, some later), I was advised by my doctor to inflate the implant daily. And I do.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

danny1553

Postby danny1553 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:19 pm

Thank you guys for the replies.
Each time you inflate it how long does it have to stay inflated? Is that the same procedure as witht he VED - pumping folloed by release then again and again? Or you just inflate it and let stay for some time? Fo how long?

Return to “Implants”