My last chat with my doc

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
danny1553

My last chat with my doc

Postby danny1553 » Wed May 30, 2012 1:58 pm

Few weeks ago finally my doc could dedicate me 20 min or so to answer some of my questions.
My first question was, of course, about possible shortage after implanting. To what the doc said that this usually happens when improper measurement is made.
Then I asked, how come that such a basic and in the same time vital step can be done wrong way? To what he replied that some doctors fall under "professional arrogance" or kind of excessive self-confidence and thus taking a decision about the implant size based on what they SEE during the surgery. In contrast, the OBJECTIVE measurement must be performed. He explained what Objective means. There is some sort of stretching (after protruding the CC) device that stretches the penis to its potential maximum(!!!) while staying inside the CC chambers. This way the length is objectively measured and officially documented, so no excuse would be given in case of a wrong measurement.
Actually there is difference in surgery protocol between US and Canada. In Canada this measurement is a MANDATORY step while in US is not. So my doc said that if he’d miss that step and put the wrongly sized implant he’d be fired right away. So this is good news I guess.
Also he indicated that post surgery pumping is vital and if the protocol is followed, less than 5% of patients are experiencing any shortage at all.

On my question to what implant he’d suggest he said that he usually does AMS 700LGX but in my case he’ll put whatever I want to. The only problem is the waiting list due to the cut in the surgery financing.

On my question, what is the future of this area he said that there are no upcoming “miracle cures”. The only difference to expect within mid-term future is the change of the technology. That would be migration from mechanical-type devices towards electronic ones. So instead of manual pumping there will be electronic control board that once activated it will capture signals from the brain and provide pumping on your behalf. Similar way the natural erection occurs, but still using internally cylinders for achieving firmness.

Other thing my doc mentioned that I did not quite get was that I was lucky due to the fact my flaccid size is so significantly smaller than erected. He said this was an indication of a "good stretching" and those with "good stretching" are more likely to get good results in terms of size and overall satisfaction. Honestly until this conversation I thought the opposite was true...

For the injections he said that one has to try different options (rings, pumps, etc.) to find the right combination. There is no single rule. And as a matter of fact this area is so obscure with so little research being done that pretty much any early adopters can claim that his technique is the best and there will be no way proof him wrong or right as there is little-to-none statistics collected over time.

Return to “Implants”