Size after a month: Does it get better?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
SARocker

Re: Size after a month: Does it get better?

Postby SARocker » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:23 pm

Bandit wrote:Rocker
Im here to say be patient. I too have the lgx. It takes time but you will see a big improvement after 2-3 months. I been pumping 14 mos and still feel a stretch. Im back to original size of 6 1/4 length and about 5 3/4 girth. I also get slightly more with arousal. It takes patients. Regular cycling til you have discomfort. Do it daily and hold it hard for a while. You will definately see gains. Good luck !
Bandit

Thanks man! Taking notes ;)
33 yo, implanted on July 24, 2018. AMS 700 LGX, IZ. 21 cms x 12 mm with 0.5 RTE

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:48 pm

You said something about extenders in the tip, in your first post. The extenders are at the base. What length are your extenders? 2cm, 5cm, 2+5 cm? If your doc does not have that info the AMS rep can get it for you. Everyone should get a copy of their AMS implant specs and warranty.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:49 pm

At one month out I had not gotten back to my pre-op size. Your penis gets traumatized from the surgery and I believe it loses its elasticity for a while. When you pump it at first you only typically get several pumps in before you can’t pump more compared to substantially more pumps later on. So guys will talk about long term growth from cycling, but for me there was also short term growth after healing. My size went from 4.5” post-op to 6” after about 6 weeks. Now at 11 months it has grown more. The proper way to measure is to the bone for consistency. If you don’t you will easily get variances each time.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

SARocker

Postby SARocker » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:07 pm

oldbeek wrote:You said something about extenders in the tip, in your first post. The extenders are at the base. What length are your extenders? 2cm, 5cm, 2+5 cm? If your doc does not have that info the AMS rep can get it for you. Everyone should get a copy of their AMS implant specs and warranty.

Hey! Thanks for the info, here i was thinking that extenders were at the tip. On my surgery folder I found the AMS card you are referring to with the sticker and serial numbers for the cylinders, pump, reservoir, accesory kit and (what i think) the extenders.

SARocker

Postby SARocker » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:13 pm

Greg1956 wrote:At one month out I had not gotten back to my pre-op size. Your penis gets traumatized from the surgery and I believe it loses its elasticity for a while. When you pump it at first you only typically get several pumps in before you can’t pump more compared to substantially more pumps later on. So guys will talk about long term growth from cycling, but for me there was also short term growth after healing. My size went from 4.5” post-op to 6” after about 6 weeks. Now at 11 months it has grown more. The proper way to measure is to the bone for consistency. If you don’t you will easily get variances each time.

Greg

Thanks Greg, makes sense. This was my first pump so i just wanted to have several comments from different experiences and get a feel of what to expect. It all points to a greater length on the upcoming weeks and months, while cycling and healing. Appreciate the comments!

justanotherdrumber

Postby justanotherdrumber » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:27 am

SARocker wrote:
oldbeek wrote:You said something about extenders in the tip, in your first post. The extenders are at the base. What length are your extenders? 2cm, 5cm, 2+5 cm? If your doc does not have that info the AMS rep can get it for you. Everyone should get a copy of their AMS implant specs and warranty.

Hey! Thanks for the info, here i was thinking that extenders were at the tip. On my surgery folder I found the AMS card you are referring to with the sticker and serial numbers for the cylinders, pump, reservoir, accesory kit and (what i think) the extenders.

There are platic "tips" , < [ caps ]> on each end of the cylinders. Extenders, "RTE" Rear Tip Extenders; snap on the end of cylinder[s] @ the base [rear].

They not only add length, but provide for custom fitting the device to the individual for correct pump placement and fitting locattions etc. .
Erie,PA
Age 64 - g/f 34
Implanted ams700 lgx, 18cm+1cm RTE
March 2018

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:25 am

Agree with greg. Initial growth in the first couple months of pumping is more substantial. Then over what some people say could be two years you continue growing and expanding but at a much slower rate.
Bandit
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

SARocker

Postby SARocker » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:15 am

justanotherdrumber wrote:
SARocker wrote:

There are platic "tips" , < [ caps ]> on each end of the cylinders. Extenders, "RTE" Rear Tip Extenders; snap on the end of cylinder[s] @ the base [rear].

They not only add length, but provide for custom fitting the device to the individual for correct pump placement and fitting locattions etc. .

Right, from the specs sheet, i got 0.5 cms RTE’s.

SARocker

Postby SARocker » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:19 am

Bandit wrote:Agree with greg. Initial growth in the first couple months of pumping is more substantial. Then over what some people say could be two years you continue growing and expanding but at a much slower rate.
Bandit

I’ve been reading everything from 2 sessions per day, 15 minutes to 2 hours, use of VED, so the proper routine got me a bit confused, but I’m guessing my surgeon will propose the best fit for me. Some propose rest days, others to do it as much as you can. I guess that’s because surgeons implement different strategies as their backgrounds and experience kick in. Next Monday i’ll be in his office and see what he recommends. Thanks for all the info!

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:01 pm

Greg1956 wrote:At one month out I had not gotten back to my pre-op size. Your penis gets traumatized from the surgery and I believe it loses its elasticity for a while. When you pump it at first you only typically get several pumps in before you can’t pump more compared to substantially more pumps later on. So guys will talk about long term growth from cycling, but for me there was also short term growth after healing. My size went from 4.5” post-op to 6” after about 6 weeks. Now at 11 months it has grown more. The proper way to measure is to the bone for consistency. If you don’t you will easily get variances each time.

Greg

Greg,Bandit, Is it still painful when pumped to max at 11 months? I at first was devastated with 4 1/2 at first inflation but by 10 weeks was at 5 3/4. Originally about 6.5 with a VED. Still 5 3/4 at 16 weeks. When do you know when to stop inflating to max daily. Starting to wonder if it is worth the trouble and pain. I remember when I thought I was 7 before PC but that may have been my imagination. I kept my dick very active from RP till the implant with daily VED and injections every 4 days.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Return to “Implants”