Implanted 07/31/2018 my journal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
David_R

Re: Implanted 07/31/2018 my journal

Postby David_R » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:59 pm

My urologist said with a chuckle, "The day after I put in the implant, you're gonna hate me. But later on you will love me!" :D

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:17 pm

David_R wrote:you're gonna hate me. But later on you will love me!" :D

Awwwww....

The hate/love relationship. I WANT ONE :!: :!: :!: :x :x :x
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

flyweed

Postby flyweed » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:04 pm

David_R wrote:My urologist said with a chuckle, "The day after I put in the implant, you're gonna hate me. But later on you will love me!" :D

LOL....I HATED my Dr. the morning after my surgery when I said, OK, I had you inflated to 70% for the first 24 hours to keep bleeding and swelling down, but NOW I have to deflate you until your 6 week checkup. I was so sore and swollen, then he had to squeeze my nut sack to release the pump and then squeezed my entire shaft to deflate...DAMN DID THAT EVER HURT.

the GOOD NEWS....I am feeling 50% better today already. No pain when peeing, swelling has gone done some, and general pain is down too. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.
implanted: 07/31/2018 AMS 700 LGX. 18cm cylinders with 2cm RTE's - Dr. Schomburg-Urologist

flyweed

Postby flyweed » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:02 pm

DAY 4:

Last night I took once last Oxycodone, and went to bed about 11pm. I slept all night until about 8;30am this morning. GREAT nights sleep. I got up, had a little breakfast and iced my ball sack a bit. ,then took a hot shower. hot showers are AWESOME. feel so good. My swelling is down about 75% now, I have normal bruising on my sack and tip of my penis. and I have only some low level aches and pains in my sack where the pump is and my lower right abdomen where my reservoir is placed.

My Dr. doesn't have me using any bandages at all. I have just stitches about 1 inch long across the base of my penis/scrotum. He has given me an antibacterial topical ointment to put on the sutures 3 times a day. Otherwise, that's about it.

I feel very good today. I am actually going to be going with my wife to Sam's Club to do a little shopping this afternoon. Looking forward to getting up and walking around a bit more.
implanted: 07/31/2018 AMS 700 LGX. 18cm cylinders with 2cm RTE's - Dr. Schomburg-Urologist

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:17 am

Congrats on your implant. I am on my second one. I was an out patient on both surgeries. On the revision my scrotum turned almost black, but applying cold packs within a week it started to give me the white color again. Do not rush to remove the stitches. I had mine removed a little to soon and being that I am a diabetic it took longer to heal it seemed like. You will really like the implant. It is about as close to normality as you can get. Sex is great! ;)
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:32 am

RayChez wrote:Congrats on your implant. I am on my second one. I was an out patient on both surgeries. On the revision my scrotum turned almost black, but applying cold packs within a week it started to give me the white color again. Do not rush to remove the stitches. I had mine removed a little to soon and being that I am a diabetic it took longer to heal it seemed like. You will really like the implant. It is about as close to normality as you can get. Sex is great! ;)

You will find that time is your best buddy. Every day a little less pain or a little more inflation or a little less bruising. Once the incision is COMPLETELY healed you can stop using the ointment. It wouldn't hurt to put a little Vaseline on your entire penis (except where the medicated ointment is. The skin gets very dry and irritates a little easier. Finally, DO NOT RUSH THE TIMELINE GIVEN BY YOUR DOCTOR. Permanent damage is not uncommon if the timeline is rushed and things are not ready yet. People say "well my doctor said only 3 weeks, not 6". Well, my doctor said 6 weeks and doctors do things differently so unless every doctor does exactly the same thing, you are not comparing apples to apples. Happlk healing. :)

Larry

flyweed

Postby flyweed » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:41 pm

oh..trust me, I am totally listening to my Dr. I am applying ointment 3 times a day to the sutures, and drain site, other than that I am NOT touching my package until 6 weeks out (as he has advised)

flyweed

Postby flyweed » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:44 pm

DAY 5:

so nothing eventful to really write about. a little less swelling and a little more bruising all around my scrotum. I am starting to get some itchy, tingling feelings from the incision site, and it's been my experience in other surgeries, this is the incision starting to heal and dry up.

Pain isn't too bad, I get little twinges and pokes here and there, as I am sure nerves and such are starting to try to re-activate after being traumatized. My right testicle is NOT happy with its new plastic partner beside him. This is where I have the most uncomfort right now with the new neighbor trying to get along with the old one. Icing makes them all muchs happier.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:21 pm

flyweed wrote:oh..trust me, I am totally listening to my Dr. I am applying ointment 3 times a day to the sutures, and drain site, other than that I am NOT touching my package until 6 weeks out (as he has advised)

You won't be sorry. :)

Larry

flyweed

Postby flyweed » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:43 pm

Day 6:

Everything is feeling pretty decent, Swelling is way down, bruising is starting to go away. the ONLY real pain and discomfort I have right now is where the pump is rubbing against my right nut and the bottom of my nut sack. Man, it IS tender. Ive take some tylenol and iced twice already today, just for that spot. Can't not wait for these two to "make up and be friends" LOL

Return to “Implants”