Overcoming doubts

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
pyronies_dave

Re: Overcoming doubts

Postby pyronies_dave » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:09 am

justanotherdrumber, yep the psychological stuff is important - the impact of all this on my day to day life is pretty hard to ignore. I'm certainly not as happy as I used to be, and my self-belief has tanked over the last few years.
54 year old UK-based, married, Peyronie's for two years. Awaiting NHS surgery (graft and implant) with Oliver Kayes at St James's Hospital, Leeds.

JohnThomas

Re: Overcoming doubts

Postby JohnThomas » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:54 am

I was in a similar position and agonized for ages about getting an implant. The thought of surgery on my dick was off putting!

However I got to the stage where I convinced myself that I had nothing to lose - my sex life was rapidly going down the pan, so I convinced myself that at best I would be no worse.

Once I took the decision, I was content and put it out of my mind until the op.

You will go through some pain and soreness after the op, and at times you will wonder whether it has been worthwhile as it is hard to see and imagine full recovery and a great sex life again.

I had mine done 3 and a half months ago now. The first three months were recovery time - you just have to bear it. But now I am fully healed and no soreness. With a Coloplast Titan you will always look well hung, and my sexual confidence has improved so much that I feel like a young man again. Sex is great, and you can give hours of pleasure to your partner

My only regret is that I did not get it done years ago
Male, 64, suffers from ED, hypertension, elevated cholesterol, type II diabetes, Sleep Apnea, and Hypogonadtropism
Getting a Coloplast Titan Implant Early April. Surgeon Mr David Ralph, London.

Return to “Implants”