Who is cycling and who is not and why?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Galevin

Who is cycling and who is not and why?

Postby Galevin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:40 pm

I’m 9 weeks post op and I’ve been cycling for an hour twice a day. But wondering if it’s worth it? Obviously by doing this I’m using this implant 14x a week vs if I had sex once a week that is a lot of wear and tear on this implant year after year. I’ve read that you can gain as much as one inch in 2 years by cycling twice a day for an hour. Not sure I believe it. I believe Dr Eid also has his doubts as to whether this is true. Anyone here gain an inch over 2 years by cycling? Anyone here not cycling and has not lost any size? Just makes sense that if you use something 14x less, then it’s going to last a lot longer vs cycling. Like to hear other opinions.
Thanks
Gerald
66 y.o. with 22 Titan Coloplast implanted April 6, 2018 Dr. EID (the king!) I love Dr. EID. Now just trying to get used to this beast. I swear I’m larger. Definitely not smaller.

shooter1000

Re: Who is cycling and who is not and why?

Postby shooter1000 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:58 pm

I think that you are asking a very good question that has been asked many times before, but no one really knows the answer. Some thoughts are:
1: What is there to wear out? and is the wear and tear a result of cycling, or just everyday movement? We hear a lot about failures of tubing and connections. I doubt that cycling will cause that, but the everyday movement of your body relative to the implant can cause constant motion.

2: Will it rust out before it wears out? By that I mean that lack of use can be detrimental to most mechanical/hydraulic devices. A stuck shuttlle valve, a fitting that never sees any pressure, etc. A compression set of the elastomers due to lack of movement.

3: I have a few other theories about making your implant last. I wear mine up facing when flacid to put the least possible bend on the cylinders. When I pump, I use many small pumps as opposed to several full pumps so as not the flatten the pump bulb. I believe that squeezing it flat puts more stress on the elastomeric bulb.

4: I believe that rough and or aggressive sex in a major factor.....but that's what we got them for so just a little common sense might help there. I.E. when she is cowboy, not too much back and forth, and try not to miss on the way down.

In conclusion, I don;t believe that cycling by itself does much to use up the life of our implants.
Age 75 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring

Galevin

Postby Galevin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:59 pm

Shooter
Thanks for the response. Do you cycle twice a day for an hour each cycle?
66 y.o. with 22 Titan Coloplast implanted April 6, 2018 Dr. EID (the king!) I love Dr. EID. Now just trying to get used to this beast. I swear I’m larger. Definitely not smaller.

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:36 pm

Twice daily for 13 months.....to extreme discomfort level .....held for 15-20 mins...very happy with the outcome.
Now just under 7" deflated and a bit over 7" fully 'rogered'
Miss H has me banging her very physically, very often......am I worried about wearing my Titan out?
I am more worried about eating well so I maintain body weight!!
If it breaks I will be running as fast as I can to have it replaced.
I mentioned to her that a replacement (apparently) increases size.....she smiled lasciviously :)
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

shooter1000

Postby shooter1000 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:35 pm

Love Smetro's reply :) I cycle twice a day most days, once others, mostly depending on whether I have time to do it. Unlike Smetro, I can no longer pump enough for discomfort, so I am likely not gaining any more size. However like him if mine fails I will run to get another. My guess is that i would be upsized one cm and be able to reach discomfort again and likely gain a little size. I am happy where i am though and can get it hard as a rock.
Age 75 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:47 am

When I got my Titan over ten years ago Dr Kramer made no mention of any kind of cycling regimen. In more recent years his advice may well have changed, but I haven't discussed it with him.

In the intervening years I have inflated mine occasionally, more frequently at first until the novelty wore off, and then very rarely, maybe once every two or three months. It still appears to work as expected. If for some reason it were to quit working I wouldn't do anything about it unless medically necessary.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

David_R

Postby David_R » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:55 am

When I got my CX implant in 2002 there also was "no mention of any kind of cycling regimen." And the same was true when I got my LGX replacement 12 years later, in 2014. It seems doctors' instructions have changed through the years.

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:10 am

Interesting stuff about earlier days and cycling, I do feel cycling was beneficial and the instructions came directly from my surgeon.
Sorry Shooter, my writing was a bit vague.... I too have gone well past the discomfort stage.....I now just pump to the maximum in a constant bid to make my Miss H squirt..................why? Because I can! :D
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

BillyBobTMS

Postby BillyBobTMS » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:29 am

When Y'all say "cycling", are you saying pump it up to the max, perhaps even a bit of discomfort, and leave it there for some time period(30 min? 1 hr?) once or twice per day?

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:31 pm

BillyBobTMS wrote:When Y'all say "cycling", are you saying pump it up to the max, perhaps even a bit of discomfort, and leave it there for some time period(30 min? 1 hr?) once or twice per day?

Correct :D

Return to “Implants”