Chemo/Radiation with implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
alibaba

Chemo/Radiation with implant?

Postby alibaba » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:07 am

DonBecker is the only one I can think of that had an implant and had to deal with this. I have had no contact with him in a year so will ask here. Anyone have chemo and/or radiation with an implant? I understand the foreign material and altered immune system from therapy can cause an infection or your body to attack the implant. Thoughts? Experiences? A lot going on, tests, scans, many doctors, but trying to get some thoughts together to meld all these people together so we can have a working plan we can all agree on. Thanks.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

rooster2

Re: Chemo/Radiation with implant?

Postby rooster2 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:24 am

I am not implanted, but do have a shoulder replacement, and mesh implant for hernia repair. All products implanted into humans are designed to not create an immune response, or cause any infection. Otherwise they would never work. Last year, I had 38 treatments of external radiation to treat prostate cancer. I had no concern that my implants were of any concern.
Age 72, married 30 years, had Robotic RP 8/06.17, non nerve sparing. Lengthy recovery problems after surgery & radiation. On hormone therapy so no libido. Use Trimix with results. Considering implant, concern re painful recovery

alibaba

Re: Chemo/Radiation with implant?

Postby alibaba » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:49 pm

Day 4 of doctors, hospital and such. Still no definitive answer on diagnosis. All tests still "inconclusive" after 5 doctors and 2 radiologists. More CT scans with different contrasts, fasting and such and surgical consult to remove lymph glands next week with no more confidence in biopsies. In the mean time we discussed chemo with pharmacist and doctor. Doctor says chemo with dental implants often causes infections where the dental implants have to be removed. Sometimes again with breast implants. Both up to 2 years later. Often causes bladder infections too but he is not aware of a penile implant having to be removed though I am only the second one. Nothing popped up on his phone when he looked.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Return to “Implants”