Implanted 6/7/18 my journal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Quincy

Re: Imp,ant day

Postby Quincy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:44 am

Glad you're out the other side! It's finally done and you get on with the business of healing. Obviously things will be tender and some will be downright painful. Take the meds you need to stay ahead of the pain curve. If, like me, you've had ED for a long time, just having an erection that won't go down will be a novelty.

Be careful as you move about. Some of my worst pain has been from sitting up, or from coughing.

We're all wishing you the best.

Quincy
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

jijohnson99

Postby jijohnson99 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:41 pm

Day 2 got up this morning moderate pain got dressed and went to dialysis. Clotted on the machine so ended up right back in the hospital. Once surgeon fixed clot about to head home. As far as implant goes minimal pain except when I pee hurts like hell. Did anyone else experience this? Wife says dick looks very good she changed dressing yesterday. Pics coming after my next dressing change. For now just plating low and healing. Any questions feel feee to ask.

Jimny
37 year old male married 15 years ed 13 years transplanted 6/7/18 Dr Shapiro Atlanta, Ga Titan Coloplast.

jijohnson99

Postby jijohnson99 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:12 pm

Day 2 was it to bad manageable pain had to get up a drive to dialysis then my access clotted off so I had to go back to hospital just getting out kind of loopy. Access fixed so dialysis again tomorrow. Back to implant pain not to bad as I thought at about 50% inflated hardness is bothersome but again manageable. Haven’t had to take any pain meds today yet but will before I got to bed ibuprofen only. Going back to see Dr Tuesday for next steps he suppose to activate me then and deflate me a welcome thing. When I pee it feels like razor blades coming out did anyone else have that problem and when did it go away? Beyond that everything is going good.

Jimmy
37 year old male married 15 years ed 13 years transplanted 6/7/18 Dr Shapiro Atlanta, Ga Titan Coloplast.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:39 pm

Jimmy,
Yes, it is common to have that burning sensation when you owe. It is from the catheter they put in your penis for surgery. When it goes in and is pulled out it disturbs your urethra. Within a couple days it should go away.

Best wishes on your recovery.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

jijohnson99

Postby jijohnson99 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:58 pm

Thanks Greg1956,

Good to know it goes away. No real pain just uncomfortable right now haven’t even taken any pain medicine today at all.

Jimmy

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:17 am

jijohnson99 wrote:Day 2 got up this morning moderate pain got dressed and went to dialysis. Clotted on the machine so ended up right back in the hospital. Once surgeon fixed clot about to head home. As far as implant goes minimal pain except when I pee hurts like hell. Did anyone else experience this? Wife says dick looks very good she changed dressing yesterday. Pics coming after my next dressing change. For now just plating low and healing. Any questions feel feee to ask.

Jimny

When did you have your implant and is this pain NEW or has it been there all along?? I had pain like that for a few days following the catheter coming out.

Larry

jijohnson99

Postby jijohnson99 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:15 am

Larry,

I was implanted on the 7th pain started that day funny thing is I’m on dialysis and don’t usually pee that much but terrible burning sensation at the tip when pee comes out

jijohnson99

Postby jijohnson99 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:19 am

Day 3

Woke up at 7am. O pain at all. Stomach hurts from the reservoir it ball and dick excuse the language are fine. Not much swelling at all wifey keeps check on that bandages co e off tomorrow and the hot showers. Start cycling Tuesday and see the Dr moving along very well and very quickly. Did not expect it to move this fast expected a lot more pain and discomfort but thank god only when I’m up and walking do I get pain. Will update later today after dialysis

jijohnson99

Re: Implanted 6/7/18 my journal

Postby jijohnson99 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:52 am

Day 4

Last night was a little bad more pain then usual and swelling worse that was to be expected. Woke up this morning feeling a little better. Haven’t really looked at my penis yet felt it a little but waiting until I see the Dr Tuesday before I start exploring. My wife saw it and said it looks normal so I will take her word. Trying today to get as much rest as possible so really just laying around semi naked penis is pointed up towards navel slightly to the left wondering if that is a good location? Found out that sleeping or laying with a pillow in between my legs helps a lot the bandages have to be changed tomorrow so I will post pics then hope it looks normal to me. One thing is I can feel the erections uncomfortable but a welcome e feeling after years of not being erect or semi erect it feels hard enough for sex right now. My wife is so ready she hasn’t been this excited about sex with me in years. I don’t care about the pain or complications that will come they will not out way the feeling I have and seeing her so excited.

Jimmy

jijohnson99

Re: Implanted 6/7/18 my journal

Postby jijohnson99 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:06 am

One thing I have noticed is that I have more pain in the abodomen then in the shaft or testicles wondering if that is normal?

Return to “Implants”