Implanted 6/7/18 my journal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Larry10625

Re: Implanted 6/7/18 my journal

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:33 pm

TomW46 wrote:
Jimmy, how the catheter was removed has a lot to do with the pain when peeing. I had a surgery, not implant darn it, about a year ago. The nurse, female, latterly yanked it out :o , causing what I would describe as a rope burn inside. The first time I tried to pee, about an hour later, IT WAS ON FIRE! Hurt like nothing I have ever felt! After trying heavy duty pain meds which did not help at all, finely a male nurse came in and gave me something that is used for UTI infections and it helped enough that I could pee in little squirts to relieve the pressure. It took about two weeks before the pain was gone completely. It was the worse thing I have ever been through! So if you ever have to have another cath, tell them to PLEASE, pull it out SLOWLY. Andy

I had exactly the same experience! I'm at day 3 now. Excruciating pain when I peed - big time. They also gave me the Pyridine. I'm still peeing in short painful squirts. Please tell me this ends at day 4 (tomorrow) as my Pyridine script runs out today.

Tom; Keep drinking and peeing... the more you pee, the sooner the pain will stop.. :(

Larry

jijohnson99

Postby jijohnson99 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:03 pm

One week later.

Sorry guys for not keeping up my journal but a lot has gone on. It’s been a week and 2 days since I was implanted. I have not updated my status because I do not know what the size was. After day 4 I was supposed to meet with my Dr for all that info and to deflate me and all that good stuff because he used glue and stitches I could start earlier then most with the cycling. Well ft I got really sick Monday the 11th. My first thought was infection so I was freaking out went to er and was admitted. My Dr was called Monday night but his partner was on call in hospital so he gave me a consult the next day. The implant was ok but I did have a infection and a blood clot.light humor imagine being pumped up to about 50/70% in a hospital gown needless to say I gave the nurses a show lol. So my Dr called me but he did not have a rotation at the hospital I was in so his partner came by again the next day Wednesday the 13th and felt sorry for me so he deflated me a little to where I wasn’t shooting everyone’s eyes out. As far as the implant goes I was in blood thinners and some very powerful antibiotics so it’s doing well now just the normal pains and aches. Was released from the hospital this morning and feeling ok actually feeling very good that feeling of a hard penis is great and makes it all worth it. Can’t wait to see the Dr next week and get back on track.
37 year old male married 15 years ed 13 years transplanted 6/7/18 Dr Shapiro Atlanta, Ga Titan Coloplast.

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:21 pm

Wow, sorry you've had the infection. Glad you got it taken care of right away.

It's funny how we worry about what the hospital staff sees. While my doctor was unwrapping me, the nice looking nurse that had been taking care of me all morning happened to walk in. She stood back and watched closely, staring at my groin through the unwrapping and his early inspection. Then the doctor reached into my sack and started messing with the pump and she continued to watch. The pain of what he was doing made me forget she was there, though.

I hope everything gets quickly back to normal and you can proceed with the process.

Quincy
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

jijohnson99

Postby jijohnson99 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:56 pm

Activation day

Went back to Dr today for post op. All was well he was shockingly surprised at the healing so he showed me how to deflate and inflate so happy I can start cycling. Got me a heating pad thanks to Larry and plan to start cycling tomorrow sore as heck from the Dr handling it like a toy lol. When I cycle tomorrow I will show pics I am very pleased with results. Here’s a funny story yesterday I had to use the restroom so I go and use it while doing number 2 of course as a man I have to pee well forgot I was still inflated a started to pee then boom a little pee hit me in the face lol. More to update tomorrow.
37 year old male married 15 years ed 13 years transplanted 6/7/18 Dr Shapiro Atlanta, Ga Titan Coloplast.

roksolid

Postby roksolid » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:22 pm

jijohnson99 wrote:Activation day

Here’s a funny story yesterday I had to use the restroom so I go and use it while doing number 2 of course as a man I have to pee well forgot I was still inflated a started to pee then boom a little pee hit me in the face lol. More to update tomorrow.

This makes me think that I should maybe get one of those urine collection bottles they use for 24 hour urine specimen collection to pee into for the first week or so. Or at least until I can hop in the shower.

rok
The Rok is now solid! Implanted 8/14/18. AMS700CX (21+1)

"That magic in your pants is making me blush!" --Kesha

jijohnson99

Postby jijohnson99 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:40 pm

Activation

So today makes exactly 2weeks post surgery and I feel good. I was activated a few days ago and also I’ve the green light to take hot baths. The one thing I am very happy about is that my Dr left me inflated the way he did so that I felt all the pain and could get use to it. I started to inflate and deflate with minimal pain because I was left at about 70% so going to 100% was not that painful. I am cycling twice a day for roughly 30 mins and it is not as bad as I thought discomfort is how I would describe it I am having trouble with the pump and release valve as most of us do.

But I know it will get better so I am being patient. Just watching it rise that first time was amazing and a feeling I have been waiting on for a long time now. The hot bath and heating pads ( thanks Quincy and Larry)hopefully will loosen up the rubber and make it easier. To be 37 and suffer from ed for so long and be here now is a great feeling and just like all the brothers before me I am extremely happy that I did it and would do it again in a heartbeat. I am going to post pics as soon as I get it fully deflated and inflated again I am happy with outcome can’t say that enough.

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:53 pm

Glad you're making progress again. Congratulations! It's going to be GREAT!

Keep us posted on your outcome.

Quincy
71, Boise area, Married

Casey.Mods

Postby Casey.Mods » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:36 am

Congrats! Really happy to know you're satisfied and healed up. Hope do you feel now? Anything you notice and you like more or less than 1 week post op?

jijohnson99

Postby jijohnson99 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:05 pm

Day 18 post implant

Gentleman day 18 was normal nothing major to report. Found out that I was inflating by mistake. I have been moving around a lot sitting a lot as well. The position my pump is in up front I can tell when I am sitting on it because of how much more pain I feel. Well the pain was from me sitting on the pump and pushing it in. So my penis was harder then I thought it should be because I have been working hard on deflating it but didn’t seem to be getting anywhere. Finally while in a hot tub I felt the fluid leaving and got excited. Well it still seemed hard but was smaller so I thought ok good.

A few hours later it was harder so I re-traced my steps then felts the pump while. Sitting down and yes it was straight down and poking me. So I came to the conclusion that I was pushing it in when I sat a certain way. Maybe I’m wrong if so someone help me out because my flaccid state is kinda hard and that boner can be seen a mile away lol. Besides that no real pain at this point even when I attempt to cycle which I am terrible at by the way but no complaints. I am patient and know it’s still some swelling so cycling will be hard but I want to be better at it then I am.

The incision site is heating well again no real pain at all still walking like a cowboy but I have mastered that walk lol. Sitting a little side ways now to test my theory feels good sitting this way. Since my penis stands straight out I have to feel the tub water up to the tip top to cover it up lol the wife likes to walk in and see it poking out the water lol she can’t wait neither can I. Nothing else to report today but reply and tell me if my theory is right or wrong and your experiences.

Jimmy,

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:58 pm

Hi Jimmy. Glad you are making such great progress. Isn't it wonderful to be able to be erect again? Congratulations!

I'm now 3 weeks out and I often don't feel like I've deflated fully. I keep trying to find ways to get more fluid out of the cylinders. I've tried using each hand, one after the other, and also squeezing between both hands. Immediately after deflating it looks like I've done what was needed, but it's still pretty stiff and doesn't "hang" naturally, pointing out instead of curving down.

In addition, after time goes by, especially overnight, it seems like I may have inflated just a little. I'm certainly not hard, but clearly not fully deflated, either. Part of it may be that when deflating I'm only squeezing the part of my penis that is on the outside. Much of my implant is inside my body, especially with the swelling I still have on my pubic pad. Perhaps I squeeze everything out of the visible part of my dick, but over a short time the left-over fluid in the non-visible part equalizes and I'm partially inflated. I've tried deflating further after a couple of hours, but I can't tell if it actually deflates more or just pushes more into the inside part of the cylinders.

I can tell that I'm not using the pump to inflate somehow during the night, since the valve is still in the "deflate" position. I have to push the bulb and feel the pop that indicates the valve change.

A week or so ago, someone told me that I might get "backflow" from the reservoir if I leave the valve in deflate mode, so that may be what is happening. He suggested I deflate and then pop the valve over into inflate mode. I've tried this a couple of times, but I still feel harder in the morning than when I go to sleep. Jury is still out.

I don't know if any of this helps, but you might try the valve change idea. At least we know we both have some trouble feeling fully deflated. Even deflated, however, my dick is stiffer than it used to be. I can bend it up and down easier than side to side.

Keep healing!

Quincy
71, Boise area, Married

Return to “Implants”