I'm Bionic! Quincy's journal. Before and after pics added.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Quincy

Re: I'm Bionic! Quincy's journal. (Pictures added)

Postby Quincy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:09 pm

Day 17, noon

Progress continues. The pain is about the same. I'm surprised that it isn't continuing to improve rapidly. Pumping is easy enough in the hot bath, but walking around with clothes on still causes irritation. After an hour or so out and about I'm anxious to get back in a hot bath.

I bought a new hot tub (the implant wasn't the only reason, but it helped pushed me over the edge) and it's up and running. Great to be able to just climb in whenever I need some soothing. We installed a screen to block the view from the upstairs window of one neighboring house, but otherwise it's open to the sun and air. I'm liking it a lot. Much easier to find the time and the desire to pump 4 times each day now.

As part of the hot tub installation I deciced to find out what temperature works best for inflation during my last few times using the bath tub. For me, 100 degrees is the minimum to get any advantage with loosening the scrotum and pump to facilitate inflation. 102 degrees is better. 104 works great, also, but is a little to warm for comfort on these warm summer days. During the winter, it may be different. I just need to make sure I test the water so I don't get burned. I test by putting an elbow into the water, fwiw.

I'm in hot water often enough that my skin is drying out too much, especially since I added the hot tub with it's light level of chlorine. I'm trying some different lotions to see what works best, especially for the groin. Given all the trauma that area has been through, I want to keep the skin soft are healthy. If anyone has a suggestion for a good lotion or cream, let me know.

Quincy
Last edited by Quincy on Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

oldbeek

Re: I'm Bionic! Quincy's journal. (Pictures added)

Postby oldbeek » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:53 pm

I think Bromine is easier on your skin than chlorine. The spay shops may have all the answers on that. I am no expert on spas but all my friends that have them use bromine. Don't want to change post subject. Any spa experts out there?
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

radioradio

Re: I'm Bionic! Quincy's journal.

Postby radioradio » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:01 pm

Quincy,
Try "Burt's Bees" body lotion.
Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:56 am

Day 21, night

It's now been 3 weeks since the surgery, the amount of time my doctor wanted me to wait for trying any form of sex. The time has passed quite quickly, and I'm still making good progress. The pain is low most of the time, but still increases with pressure on the area, so I think it is too early for actual sex. My wife and I are both looking forward to using the new equipment, but we both want it to be good, and not painful. So we'll be patient a little longer.

The skin on my penis no longer feels as tender, and I can move the skin a little with no pain, but it starts to hurt with more movement. The random sharp pains I was feeling have pretty much gone away, with only an occasional occurrence. I can be seated, standing, or walking for long periods with little difficulty. I still have to be careful not to knock things around as I sit down. The "cowboy" leg spread is still better for walking, but normal walking is getting easier.

I spent 12 hours yesterday on a road trip to see some beautiful Idaho scenery. Most of the time was spent sitting in a car, but we stopped somewhat frequently to enjoy the view, wade in a lake, or sit in one of Idaho's many hot springs. The water from the hot springs was just as good as my hot tub for loosening things up. By the time the day was done I was more than ready to be out of the car, but I'm encouraged that I could make it through that much time sitting in one position.

The biggest single pain now is the spot on my ball sack that gets the most pinching from inflation. It has improved, but it lingers in the background all the time. Being stretched to max from inflation also hurts some, but less than before.

I can now pump up successfully without using a hot bath or a heating pad, but it's much easier with heat to loosen up the triplets. My hot tub is wonderful.

I continue to get exercise with walking, elliptical, or weight lifting, but I haven't felt quite ready for racquetball. I'm hoping to start tomorrow morning.

I have a 3-week follow up call with Dr. Karpman tomorrow. I'll post anything I find out from that call.

Quincy
71, Boise area, Married

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:15 am

Yeah,
That dack will be tender until it toughens up. It feels like your squeezing s small pineapple, but seeing that dick pumped up is worth the discomfort. I'm so glad you are doing so well. Be happy. Fuck well, my friend.
donnie1954@mail.com
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:47 pm

Day 22, evening

I had my 3 week check-in with Dr. Karpman today. Since I'm remote, we just talked by phone. We each asked questions as needed. He wanted to know how I felt, if everything seemed good, if the surgery incision was healing correctly, etc.

I asked about how to make sure I was pumping to max. I'm adding a lot of pressure when I pump, but I'm not getting the level of pain that many guys here associate with being at max. Some have said that they can only stay at max for about 10 to 15 minutes before the pain is too much. I can go for 45 minutes and feel just uncomfortable rather than severe pain. He told me that everyone is different so I shouldn't use pain as a guide to know if I've pumped hard enough. If the dick is rigid and can hardly move, and if the pump bulb becomes really hard to squeeze further, then I'm at max even if I don't have a lot of pain. He also said that part of my lower pain level is again the infrapubic surgery. So I'm going to continue to pump hard but not keep trying to add when it doesn't seem to go any further. If I can stretch enough and not have a lot of pain, that's a bonus.

So if any of the rest of you are getting close to the 3 week date and finding that the pain from stretching isn't as much as you thought it would be, it may not be under-inflation.

I played racquetball this morning, for the first time since the surgery. It went well and I had very little pain. I wasn't quite as fast as before and I intentionally didn't lunge or run for some balls that I normally would have tried for, but I played well and won one, lost one. With that, I'm feeling like I'm essentially back to normal now and can do whatever I feel enjoyable. I'm not going to ride a bike or anything, but I won't restrict myself from anything as long as it doesn't hurt. I'm guessing about a week before our first attempt at intimacy.

David Archy two-pouch underwear still are the best when flaccid, and are what I wore this morning for RB. I had a dental appointment this afternoon and had to leave the house while I was inflated. I wore some boxer briefs to try to hold my erection "up" but it didn't work very well. When I'm fully pumped up, my dick is very firm and it's hard to put enough pressure on it to have it point anywhere except where it wants. As soon as I got to the dentist's office I ran into their bathroom and deflated.

I'm finally getting a LITTLE bit of room in my sack for the 3 boys, even when I'm not in the tub. There's still some extra fluid in there and many times the sack is really tight. But when I'm relaxing on these warm days, things loosen up a little and I've been able to inflate/deflate successfully with no hot water and no heating pad. It's beginning to feel more natural down there.

Another good sign of progress is sleep positions. At this point, I'm finally able to sleep comfortably on my side with only a little help from extra cushioning between my legs. My flaccid dick doesn't pull as badly as before and feels more natural, letting me sleep however I want, almost. I do have to be careful about nut placement sometimes, but it's getting easier. I still can't sleep on my stomach yet. Too much pressure on the sore dick. I think it will eventually be fine, though.

That's it for today. About done with this journal, I think, but I'm happy to answer any questions anyone has. I'm still trying out some penile health creams. I'll do a recap when I have some information to share. And once I've been able to use the implant for its intended purpose, I'll add something about how it goes. I can tell you now that flying solo is Wonderful. If you want more detail, send me a PM.

My best to all of you.
Quincy
71, Boise area, Married

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:21 am

Glad your doing so well! Post some pics in Natural Hang and Implant Pics. Can't wait to celebrate with you your finished results. Your life will be changed forever!
donnie1954@mail.com
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:27 am

Quincy wrote:About done with this journal
Quincy

Quincy, I have enjoyed and learned a lot from your journal. Thank you and stick around to help new members with their members.
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:44 am

Quincy wrote:Day 21, night

It's now been 3 weeks since the surgery, the amount of time my doctor wanted me to wait for trying any form of sex. The time has passed quite quickly, and I'm still making good progress. The pain is low most of the time, but still increases with pressure on the area, so I think it is too early for actual sex. My wife and I are both looking forward to using the new equipment, but we both want it to be good, and not painful. So we'll be patient a little longer.

The skin on my penis no longer feels as tender, and I can move the skin a little with no pain, but it starts to hurt with more movement. The random sharp pains I was feeling have pretty much gone away, with only an occasional occurrence. I can be seated, standing, or walking for long periods with little difficulty. I still have to be careful not to knock things around as I sit down. The "cowboy" leg spread is still better for walking, but normal walking is getting easier.

I spent 12 hours yesterday on a road trip to see some beautiful Idaho scenery. Most of the time was spent sitting in a car, but we stopped somewhat frequently to enjoy the view, wade in a lake, or sit in one of Idaho's many hot springs. The water from the hot springs was just as good as my hot tub for loosening things up. By the time the day was done I was more than ready to be out of the car, but I'm encouraged that I could make it through that much time sitting in one position.

The biggest single pain now is the spot on my ball sack that gets the most pinching from inflation. It has improved, but it lingers in the background all the time. Being stretched to max from inflation also hurts some, but less than before.

I can now pump up successfully without using a hot bath or a heating pad, but it's much easier with heat to loosen up the triplets. My hot tub is wonderful.

I continue to get exercise with walking, elliptical, or weight lifting, but I haven't felt quite ready for racquetball. I'm hoping to start tomorrow morning.

I have a 3-week follow up call with Dr. Karpman tomorrow. I'll post anything I find out from that call.

Quincy

I would love a hot tub but we opted for a pool instead. We thought my 3 daughters would enjoy a pool more and they could have pool parties.

The "pain" you describe will eventually change to discomfort. Most of that will go away with time BUT, after 6 months, I still get discomfort from mashing my bag against the pump. It can't be that bad though cause while I'm in the middle of business, I don't even think about it. I would think that as long as your incision is totally healed, you should be able to use any moisturizing cream (I hear that coco-butter is really good.

Everything with you seems to be progressing as expected. Rest assured, in a few months, you will want to hunt down the inventor of the implant and give him a great big, wet, squishy kiss. :lol: :oops: :lol:

Larry

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:58 am

Quincy wrote:Day 22, evening

I had my 3 week check-in with Dr. Karpman today. Since I'm remote, we just talked by phone. We each asked questions as needed. He wanted to know how I felt, if everything seemed good, if the surgery incision was healing correctly, etc.

I asked about how to make sure I was pumping to max. I'm adding a lot of pressure when I pump, but I'm not getting the level of pain that many guys here associate with being at max. Some have said that they can only stay at max for about 10 to 15 minutes before the pain is too much. I can go for 45 minutes and feel just uncomfortable rather than severe pain. He told me that everyone is different so I shouldn't use pain as a guide to know if I've pumped hard enough. If the dick is rigid and can hardly move, and if the pump bulb becomes really hard to squeeze further, then I'm at max even if I don't have a lot of pain. He also said that part of my lower pain level is again the infrapubic surgery. So I'm going to continue to pump hard but not keep trying to add when it doesn't seem to go any further. If I can stretch enough and not have a lot of pain, that's a bonus.

So if any of the rest of you are getting close to the 3 week date and finding that the pain from stretching isn't as much as you thought it would be, it may not be under-inflation.

I played racquetball this morning, for the first time since the surgery. It went well and I had very little pain. I wasn't quite as fast as before and I intentionally didn't lunge or run for some balls that I normally would have tried for, but I played well and won one, lost one. With that, I'm feeling like I'm essentially back to normal now and can do whatever I feel enjoyable. I'm not going to ride a bike or anything, but I won't restrict myself from anything as long as it doesn't hurt. I'm guessing about a week before our first attempt at intimacy.

David Archy two-pouch underwear still are the best when flaccid, and are what I wore this morning for RB. I had a dental appointment this afternoon and had to leave the house while I was inflated. I wore some boxer briefs to try to hold my erection "up" but it didn't work very well. When I'm fully pumped up, my dick is very firm and it's hard to put enough pressure on it to have it point anywhere except where it wants. As soon as I got to the dentist's office I ran into their bathroom and deflated.

I'm finally getting a LITTLE bit of room in my sack for the 3 boys, even when I'm not in the tub. There's still some extra fluid in there and many times the sack is really tight. But when I'm relaxing on these warm days, things loosen up a little and I've been able to inflate/deflate successfully with no hot water and no heating pad. It's beginning to feel more natural down there.

Another good sign of progress is sleep positions. At this point, I'm finally able to sleep comfortably on my side with only a little help from extra cushioning between my legs. My flaccid dick doesn't pull as badly as before and feels more natural, letting me sleep however I want, almost. I do have to be careful about nut placement sometimes, but it's getting easier. I still can't sleep on my stomach yet. Too much pressure on the sore dick. I think it will eventually be fine, though.

That's it for today. About done with this journal, I think, but I'm happy to answer any questions anyone has. I'm still trying out some penile health creams. I'll do a recap when I have some information to share. And once I've been able to use the implant for its intended purpose, I'll add something about how it goes. I can tell you now that flying solo is Wonderful. If you want more detail, send me a PM.

My best to all of you.
Quincy

Hey Quincy, any chance you would post before and after pics? I am a bit bashful but I felt it very important to assist members considering implant in making their decision. I hate to disagree with your doctor but, I have an implant, does he?? He says you are at the max when it's hard to pump... not always true. The AMS has a feature where you cannot over-pump. When the cylinders are full an over-flow valve takes over and no more saline will transfer from the reservoir bag to the cylinders. Sometimes it does get very hard to pump up and my dick feels like granite. You can try wearing shorts that double as a bathing suit. Mr. Dick and the triplets won't rub as much. :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”