I'm Bionic! Quincy's journal. Before and after pics added.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Quincy

Re: I'm Bionic! Quincy's journal.

Postby Quincy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:28 am

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Larry; Before and after pics are on page 10 of this tome. Donnie: Once I'm healed I may post some to the other threads.

I do have something to add to those who are new to getting an implant: Be careful moving your fingers off your scrotum after you use the pump. Even with a layer of tub water between my fingers and the skin of my sack, I'm pressing hard enough that they stick together and cause pain to pull apart. If I pull the fingers away too quickly, it adds pain to the area I'm trying to get to heal. It feels almost like tape being pulled away from skin.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:56 am

Quincy wrote:Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Larry; Before and after pics are on page 10 of this tome. Donnie: Once I'm healed I may post some to the other threads.

I do have something to add to those who are new to getting an implant: Be careful moving your fingers off your scrotum after you use the pump. Even with a layer of tub water between my fingers and the skin of my sack, I'm pressing hard enough that they stick together and cause pain to pull apart. If I pull the fingers away too quickly, it adds pain to the area I'm trying to get to heal. It feels almost like tape being pulled away from skin.

Yes, indeed... I remember seeing them... what a dramatic improvement... You must be pleased. :)

Larry

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:00 am

Quincy wrote:Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Quincy, I am really sorry you are not experiencing the same, smooth healing process that most of us did. All I can offer you that would be helpful is time really makes a huge difference. Before too long (I hope) You will be better than new. :)

Larry

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:21 pm

thanks, Larry. I don't mean to imply that I'm not healing well. I am. It's progressing very well. The idea about being careful with fingers on the scrotum is just a word of advice. I'm ecstatic with the progress and low level of pain.

Quincy.
71, Boise area, Married

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:40 pm

Quincy wrote:thanks, Larry. I don't mean to imply that I'm not healing well. I am. It's progressing very well. The idea about being careful with fingers on the scrotum is just a word of advice. I'm ecstatic with the progress and low level of pain.

Quincy.

Ok, that's better.. I must have misunderstood. Glad things are going good for you. Just wait until you lose your bionic virginity... you'll lose your mind too. ;) ;) ;)

Larry

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:45 pm

When I pump my AMS, it fells like thats all it will take. If it can be bent at all it is not at max pump. Let it stand a few minutes and bend it up and down side to side. Use my thumb joint against the base my index finger and give it 4 more quick pumps. I put pressure right where the bulb connects to the release bar. Then it is like a RR spike.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:52 pm

I'm now at 4 weeks out from surgery and thought I'd do an update on progress.

Pain has reduced a lot and I can pretty much do anything I want. I play racquetball, walk, lift weights, etc. The worst pain is still scrotal from pinching the pump, but even that is much better and I'm able to apply more pressure with less pain.

When I'm inflated to max, I can feel the stretch, especially in the top half of my penis. It doesn't hurt at first, but I definitely feel the pressure. After about a half hour I feel a little pain, but it's not horrible. I've been leaving myself inflated twice a day for an hour to an hour and a half each time.

Deflating is problematic, as I mentioned in another post, but the answers I got there have helped and I feel like I'm deflating better. My entire penis still feels bruised inside when I squeeze it to help deflate, but it's nothing to worry about.

None of the pain is bad, I'm just trying to give a sense of where I stand at 4 weeks.

I've been able to see gains in girth since the surgery, and that's great. Abdomen is still swollen and tender, so it's hard to get a good length measurement.

If I get a lot of exercise or find I've been very busy walking and doing things, my sack gets tight and full and starts to hurt. That's a sign that I need to relax and put my feet up - or better yet to soak in the hot tub. Yesterday I was getting things together for our July 4th family get together. I carried large bags of pellets for my smoker and was just generally very active. By the end of the day everything in my groin area ached, but it got a lot better after a soak and some time in the recliner with my feet up.

I found that applying a soothing cream to my dick and balls has helped with pain and general feeling of health. I found two different creams I liked:

Man 1 Man Oil - https://www.amazon.com/Man1-Natural-Pen ... B00AN5WWJ4
This feels good, though it gets a warming sensation for a little while after I apply it. It's very expensive at $35 for just 4 oz. There are probably less expensive products that are just as good, but I'd read about this one in a couple different places and decided to give it a try.

Activv Life Daily Penile Health Cream - https://www.amazon.com/All-Natural-Peni ... MDCQ568WXJ
Of the two creams I think I prefer this one, since it doesn't have the warming sensation and cool feels very nice on my dick right now. It's not quite as expensive thought still high at $24 for 4 oz.

Both creams go on easily and seem to absorb quickly. Neither leaves a greasy feeling and my hands rinse clean easily with just water. I use the creams on both my dick and my balls. These creams are supposed to aid in restoring health and also increasing sensitivity. I have no clear evidence to support either claim. I do feel like the skin feels healthier, but that could just be the healing that is happening naturally, so I'm not saying you should run out and buy some. Both are supposed to be massaged into the skin, which feels good all by itself. :)

I also like Aquaphor healing ointment, but it is too thick to spread on easily. My guess is that it does a better job with healing the tissues, but it's so thick that it is a little painful to apply to the sorest spots. Aquaphor can be found in the cosmetics section (no idea why) of most pharmacies and other retailers.

I'm still just sore enough that I don't feel quite ready for sex, but I'd guess that I'm within a week. It will be great to use this thing for its intended purpose.

I'm doing great and I'm very happy with the results so far.

Quincy.
71, Boise area, Married

Tsanchez12369

Postby Tsanchez12369 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:00 pm

Quincy, I was wondering what the hospital choices are w Dr Kramer. Thanks, tony
Sept 11, 2018: excision, grafting (human cadever tissue) and implant. Doc is Dr Edward Karpman in Mountain View, surgery at El Camino Hospital, LOS Gatos CA. AMS 700 CX infrapubic 18 cm + 3 cm RTE. http://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:03 pm

Tsanchez12369 wrote:Quincy, I was wondering what the hospital choices are w Dr Kramer. Thanks, tony

Do you mean Karpman ?

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:16 pm

@ Tsanchez12369: Dr. Edward Karpman does his surgery at El Camino Hospital in Los Gatos, CA. I don't know if he would go to another hospital, but I doubt it. He's very happy with his staff and the hospital staff. They all seem to know him and what he wants for his patients, so they anticipate his needs and are solid with his regimen.
71, Boise area, Married

Return to “Implants”