I'm Bionic! Quincy's journal. Before and after pics added.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Donnie1954

Re: I'm Bionic! Quincy's journal.

Postby Donnie1954 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:06 am

BadGrandpa,
I'm so glad you're doing well. My stiffie nearly drove me crazy. I dreamed I found the deflate button and pressed it. I was deflated the next morning but I was afraid to mess with it. It felt so good to deflate. Now it feels so good to pump up!

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:35 am

Day 4, early morning.

Bad night last night. There was pain all over the skin on my penis. I don't know if it was just swelling or if the trauma the poor thing went through is just catching up to it, or what. The pain kept waking me up, so I was in bed longer but didn't get much more sleep, 6 hours and 49 minutes of sleep and almost an hour awake. Having the pain be different and all over the surface is worrisome and makes me wonder if something is wrong, but that's probably just a typical response for guys with new pain in that area.

I decided to follow my doc's orders and wore the jock with the hole in it again. It pushed everything together again, and I'm more swollen today than yesterday. Perhaps my worst swelling period got moved back a day. As Larry said, I'll just give it time. The most swollen spot seems to be above the right testicle again, where the tubes go through the inguinal canal. My ball sac is large and firm, also, and clearly swollen. It doesn't appear black and bruised like some of the pictures I've seen. Maybe that will come later.

I'm icing now and the pain is subsiding. After breakfast, I'll try a warm bath again and hopefully things will go back to a more normal state. I don't mind the pain much, as it was expected. It's just strange to have last night be different from the previous nights.

Last night I had a scare that made me think a little. As I was getting out of the recliner I didn't realize the floor was wet from a melting ice bag I'd forgotten I'd put down earlier. I took a couple steps and my feet went sideways and I went down hard. Thankfully, I landed on my right elbow and fell over to my left hip. I can't imagine the pain I would have felt had I landed on my stomach. Brings a new definition to the idea of "running with scissors". Now I need to be careful of "running with implant". It hurts to touch with anything. Having a hard impact with the floor would be ugly.

I have lunch scheduled with a friend today. My guess is that I'm about 2 days early for doing that, but he was only going to be in town today. The undershorts I have don't give enough support to keep my dick pointing up, so I went out last night and bought some compression shorts. They keep things in place better so that my pants don't look like I'm sporting wood, but the pressure is enough to be quite uncomfortable. Just something to deal with. I also bought a cup so I can have the dog on my lap when I get home. FWIW, I went to Dick's Sporting Goods. Seemed appropriate.

I drove the 4 miles to the store and my wife drove back. By the time we got back I was glad we weren't driving the 11 hours back to Boise yet. BTW, my wife says that guys who want to stay naked all the time might want to invest in an apron. She's not used to me flashing my meat all day long yet. If you do get something to cover your nekkid-ness, make sure it's really light. Any pressure on that end of my dick causes trouble. I sleep with only a sheet over the area, and even that is carefully arranged to cover but not be felt.

While there is more swelling and more pain today, it's still very manageable, and no reason to avoid an implant. New experiences are something to be treasured and I believe the end result of this experience will be worth it.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

Andy1955

Postby Andy1955 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:48 am

I have loved reading your journal. I had my surgery May 24 so I’m a little ahead of you. I didn’t use much of the opioid either. Sometime the second day after surgery I started using Tylenol. It took the edge off nicely. The fourth day when I was having similar pain in the scrotal area I stopped the Tylenol and went to Naproxen. If you can take NSAID it should help that pain in the area where the tubes are. It certainly helped me! Best of luck to you.
Inplanted May 24, 2018. AMS 700 CX, MS Pump. 21cm x 12mm. Peyronies and ED. Pills stopped working and extreme curvature

cincinnatus1951

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:37 am

Quincy: you are doing fine. Recovery is not linear, it is 2 steps forward and one back. I'd not be concerned about the penile pain unless there is discharge or fever. HANG IN THERE BABY.
Cincinnatus
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:47 am

Day 4, a little later in the morning

Thanks for the tip, Andy.

I just got out of a long session in the tub. The hot water again loosened everything up, but it took a lot longer today. For a while I could barely feel the block at the top of the pump, let alone discern the deflate button. But eventually the heat did its thing, and I'm feeling much better. I'm now back in my chair with some ice.

I'm definitely glad that I found a hotel with a recliner. If I had to sit up against a headboard on the bed for this much time I'm sure my back would be killing me. And laying down all the time gets old quickly.

I'm doing this journal partially so I can look back and remember, but partially for others who are in the journey now or will be in the future. I hope it's helpful.

So it appears that the extra pain last night and this morning is indeed just added swelling. The Dick God didn't give me a pass on the swelling, just a short reprieve. I don't think there's anything to worry about. Just gotta be patient.
Last edited by Quincy on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
71, Boise area, Married

Lester33

Postby Lester33 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:18 pm

Quincy,
Appreciate your journal as mine will be infra-pubic too. I have read about different experiences here for some time and patience is probably the hardest part of this. Best wishes and keep posting.
IPP on 6/22/2018 by Dr. Perito, Miami, FL.
22cm Coloplast Titan, 2 RTE
Testosterone therapy
Cancer free seven years, married fifty years, wonderful sex life

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:44 pm

Hi Lester and thanks for your post. I had really been sold on peno-scrotal at first, but I really liked Dr. Karpman as I found out more about him and he does infrapubic. I talked with him about it and he said the infrapubic approach allows him to do his minimally invasive surgery and the healing time is much faster. I'll activate just one week after surgery and he said I can start using this thing for its intended purpose at 3 weeks.

The drawback I saw was the chance of dorsal nerve damage so I asked him about it. He told me that it's not a problem if you have a good doctor with lots of experience. He knows exactly where the nerves are and has never had a case of nicking one.

Good luck on your surgery, too. I hope it works out as well as mine appears to be.

Q.
71, Boise area, Married

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:55 pm

.man,
I'm glad you weren't hurt when you fell. All your new bionic brothers are here for you. Your gonna be fine. Hang in there! Lol
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:26 pm

Day 4, afternoon

Definitely the most uncomfortable today from swelling, but it's not really bad, and nothing to worry about.

Hot baths are the solution and feel great. When I've been up too long or done things that cause more pain, it's easy to get relief in hot water. I'm taking 3 baths a day and each time I feel much better.

I went out to lunch today, wearing my new compression shorts to keep from looking obscene. The shorts worked for the purpose, but it's still too early to comfortably put that much pressure on my dick. By the time lunch was over, all I could think about was getting back to the hotel and getting my pants and shorts off. I then iced for a while and got into the tub. Ahhhhhhhh. Advice: Stay home and naked if you can.

Other than general pain from swelling and the tender spot around the canal above my right testicle, two things come to the fore regarding pain:

1. Every little while I get a sharp pain in a random spot. Often on my dick, sometimes my abdomen, and occasionally in my sac. Just some nerve ending somewhere firing off for no other purpose. Probably just complaining that they didn't like what I did to them earlier in the week. I asked another guy in chat and he said that was normal and had happened to him, as well, for about 3 weeks after surgery.

2. The spot on the right side of my shaft, just below the head, where the upper edge of the cylinder hits is very tender. Why it hurts on the right but not the left I don't know. It sometimes feels like there must be an open sore or a cut, but when I inspect it everything looks fine. Again, someone told me earlier today that this is a normal thing and to be expected.

Just another day in paradise. No real problems, just progress.
71, Boise area, Married

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:28 am

Quincy, Get David Archy bikini underwear. Amazon has them. They are made of bamboo. feel like silk. Have extra large pouch and also I wear my dick up and to the right. The bikini holds it there. You will find wearing cock down in the pouch is ok for a while then starts to hurt. Lift it up to right or left and feels better for a while. then go back to pouch. I have a 32 waist and bought small so they act like a silk jock strap. Your journal is like my experience but I used lots of pain meds.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Return to “Implants”