Scared to death

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
arlorider

Scared to death

Postby arlorider » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:53 pm

Ok guys my 2 months ved prep is over , now im sittng here staring at uros number so I can set a appointment , but I am truly scared to death , never had any surgery before in my life . everything is going through my mind right now , loss of length and size( not very well endowed now cant afford to lose much ) , and of course infection., but not much else I can do , its not have sex or have surgery , I have picked one of the top 3 uros in my area. Have done ved which I gained quite a bit in the tube , but stretch length has only changed a little . do u guys go through this before ur implant ?This website has been a great help , but now it all sits on my shoulders .
Almost 3 years with peyronies , ad venous leak tried almost everything did ved 2 months in prep for implant. implanted July 18 2018 AMS CX 15cm 3cm rtes

Larry10625

Re: Scared to death

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:31 pm

arlorider wrote:Ok guys my 2 months ved prep is over , now im sittng here staring at uros number so I can set a appointment , but I am truly scared to death , never had any surgery before in my life . everything is going through my mind right now , loss of length and size( not very well endowed now cant afford to lose much ) , and of course infection., but not much else I can do , its not have sex or have surgery , I have picked one of the top 3 uros in my area. Have done ved which I gained quite a bit in the tube , but stretch length has only changed a little . do u guys go through this before ur implant ?This website has been a great help , but now it all sits on my shoulders .

Not scared because I have had a lot of surgery but, yeah, apprehension is normal. You will be fine and, in a few months, when you are taking your new toy for a test drive, fear will be the last thing you will be feeling. Follow the instructions from your surgeon to the letter and you will be great.

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:51 pm

What are the names of the “top 3 uros“? Why are you playing russian roulette - why don‘t you book Dr. Eid? With him you are in the absolute best hands. Don‘t complain if something goes wrong with one of the others. Obviously even when with Dr. Eid a problem might occur, but his rate of success is incredibly high.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

navy6587

Postby navy6587 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:05 pm

arlorider...although I am not yet a true 'brother' (my surgery is next month, 7/16), I truly share your fears. Only three real surgeries in my life...two at 4 years old (left side hernia and tonsil/adenoid removal) and one in 2010 for a right side hernia (laparoscopic). All, of course, were necessary. I totally obsessed about the last one but at least had the internet AND abdominal pain to guide me to a very trustworthy surgeon. Great work, up and about the same day, no pain, all done! On the other hand, ED has proven to be a worthy adversary both physically (can't stay hard for vaginal penetration) and psychologically (include any type of 'why' question in here). After rounds of pills only (no VED, injections, bands, etc.) and, at 71 years old, I just made a unilateral, command decision to have an implant. My wife was the second to know and was VERY surprised that, after 10 years of ED/ no sex, I would take this option. Here's where the additional fear factor came in: if I have this irreversible, permanent change to my body parts (understand we're not talking about a knee or hip or shoulder replacement here), would she say "I've lived without sex for so long, I'm over it?" I HAD to have her buy-in big time. She went to my first meet with the uro surgeon and interacted with the Q&A session as an 'all-in' partner! Gave me the confidence to move forward. Since then, SHE has taken a leading role in our love-trying sessions and is very much looking forward to my post op recovery. As they say in the commercials: "GAME CHANGER!" Yes, there will be pain, bulges, new clothing, a 'new' body to deal with but with her support even my mother-of-all-fears: needles, will be conquered. As an aside, I'd be in surgery this week or next if it weren't for a two week trip to Paris and the Bordeaux wine country cruise that begins next Friday. Your finding this forum is key to filling in some of the blanks that existed for me too. I only came to FT AFTER my first meet with my surgeon. What a gift this place has been! You WILL be better after the implant. Nothing's ever perfect but even an irreversible procedure will lead to better sex than the alternative! Chin up, guy! Learn and enjoy...
Edd
74; ED at 50. Fired by 1st doc (Szobota - VA Uro) too many q's & contact w/ Coloplast rep. New doc: Ellen (VA Uro) implanted 11/8/18. 22cm Titan + 2cm RTEs; moron docs, product rep, intake/ dischg nurses! NEVER again! L- 6.75"; G- 5.5" oval.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:06 pm

Who are your choices and what region are you in?
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Andy1955

Postby Andy1955 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:30 pm

arlorider wrote:
Ok guys my 2 months ved prep is over , now im sittng here staring at uros number so I can set a appointment , but I am truly scared to death , never had any surgery before in my life . everything is going through my mind right now , loss of length and size( not very well endowed now cant afford to lose much ) , and of course infection., but not much else I can do , its not have sex or have surgery , I have picked one of the top 3 uros in my area. Have done ved which I gained quite a bit in the tube , but stretch length has only changed a little . do u guys go through this before ur implant ?This website has been a great help , but now it all sits on my shoulders .

I had my inplant done May 24. I also suffered from Peyronies and had a 90 degree upward curvature. My Dr said the appropriate inplant in my case was the AMS 70 CX. Research that and be prepared to discuss that inplant with your Dr. My Uro explained that over time some of the Peyronies “scar” tissue may break up but likely I will loose about 1/2”. Like you; I don’t have a great deal to spare. When you are reading pay particular attention to how the lack of erection from ED and Peyronies can cause problems for you with regard to length. Back to the inplant. According to the Dr while still in the OR that 90 degree bend was corrected to about 30 degrees and would continue to straighten over the coming months.

There is some pain initially but it is very manageable. Take all medicine as your Dr instructs. I took the pain medicine for about two days then switched to Tylenol and Ibuprofen. I’m still on the antibiotics and doing well.

I think being scared is normal. I was terrified! I read everything I could find. Frank talk is extremely helpful and everyone here has something to contribute. Good luck with your decision and the surgery.[quote][/quote]
Inplanted May 24, 2018. AMS 700 CX, MS Pump. 21cm x 12mm. Peyronies and ED. Pills stopped working and extreme curvature

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:19 pm

strongagain wrote:What are the names of the “top 3 uros“? Why are you playing russian roulette - why don‘t you book Dr. Eid? With him you are in the absolute best hands. Don‘t complain if something goes wrong with one of the others. Obviously even when with Dr. Eid a problem might occur, but his rate of success is incredibly high.

That's enough of that. That is YOUR opinion not fact. Members are not only permitted but encouraged to research their own doctors and choose whomever they please. Scare tactics will NOT be tolerated on here. By the way, I notice that you did NOT use Dr. Eid.

Larry

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:22 am

Knowledge dispels fear.

Investigate. Ask questions of your surgeon and of the manufacturers' representatives. Interview prior patients. Do whatever you have to do to educate yourself. When you have sufficient knowledge that you are no longer scared, then you are ready.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

UTVOLS

Postby UTVOLS » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:58 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
strongagain wrote:What are the names of the “top 3 uros“? Why are you playing russian roulette - why don‘t you book Dr. Eid? With him you are in the absolute best hands. Don‘t complain if something goes wrong with one of the others. Obviously even when with Dr. Eid a problem might occur, but his rate of success is incredibly high.

That's enough of that. That is YOUR opinion not fact. Members are not only permitted but encouraged to research their own doctors and choose whomever they please. Scare tactics will NOT be tolerated on here. By the way, I notice that you did NOT use Dr. Eid.

Larry

Well said Larry

John
70 y/o married 51 yrs. pills quit working. Implanted 5/21/18 in Nashville by ( Dr. Lowe now retired) AMS 700 LGX 21CM+2CM, RTE's

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:13 pm

Hi Arlo. I know we chatted at length a couple days ago. Just wanted to let you know I'm willing to talk by phone if you ever need. Just send me a PM and I'll give you my phone number.

My surgery appears to have gone well today. I won't know about size and such until much later, but I can keep you apprised if you want to know how it all goes.

Quincy
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

Return to “Implants”