Post-op positioning

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
chuck123

Post-op positioning

Postby chuck123 » Mon May 28, 2018 2:48 pm

Hey all,

How did you position your little guy post op? I am around 30% inflated with my coloplast titan for 6 weeks. I have been rocking compression shorts coupled with a jock strap pointed upward to keep the bulge under control which is still prominent IMO. I am ordering some David archy and new jock straps today to see if the fit a little tighter, the hospital "the duke" strap is definitely wearing out after 3.5 weeks. I am considering trying to point downward, my doc said it was ok upon discharge. I am slightly concerned because when I point down in short testing I have a bulging kink on the right side which is slightly bothersome. Initially it feels more comfortable but after testing it out i feel pain around the kink like 15 minutes later. This kink is slightly annoying in the upward position and can be painful. Pants off and pointing straight out it is not apparent and I don't feel it. Downward the kink is really out there. Messaged the doc and awaiting a reply tomorrow. In the meantime I wanted to see how others dealt with there partial inflated dicks after surgery.

I already read a few posts on the subject but wanted to start a fresh one. I am concerned now because I am about to go back to work and begin a new job, both which require tucked in shirts and fitted dress pants. I think the bulge would be better managed downward if it is not painful but am concerned with the kink overall.

Thanks,
Chuck
27 y/o. ED for 10 years following biking trauma. Penile revascularization 2in 014 without benefit. Implant scheduled in May 2018.

Greg1956

Re: Post-op positioning

Postby Greg1956 » Mon May 28, 2018 6:52 pm

Chuck,
I was left about 75% inflated when I was discharged from the hospital. There was no way but up for my penis for the first few weeks. After that I have had it pointing down most of the time. I know some guys leave it pointing up to try to achieve a higher erection angle. I am a nude model for artists so I am more concerned about it hanging more naturally. I doing this it hangs at about 5 o’ clock and my erection is slightly above 3 o’ clock.

I have an AMS LGX and haven’t had any issues with the kink you referenced.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

navy6587

Postby navy6587 » Mon May 28, 2018 8:40 pm

Chuck...I'll be following your positioning 'adventure' closely since my Coloplast Titan OTR implant is scheduled for 7/16 (close on the heels of a two week trip to Paris/ Bordeaux). I know that my surgeon will tape me 'up' upon discharge but, understandably, I haven't been given any positioning guidance for the weeks following. My guess is, since my surgeon is a somewhat 'whatever feels best to you' type guy, I may be given a great deal of latitude in how I hang. My personal preference will always side with whatever does NOT generate pain and whatever social engagements I attend. I cantor and sing in choir at my church so being in front of a congregation might be dicey in the first week or two but I'll cross that appearance bridge when I come to it.

Suffice it to say that I will watch your thread with a great deal of attention AND get a detailed plan from my surgeon post-op. I want to offer an ongoing 'thank you' for every guy who has provided me direct and indirect background, suggestions, guidance, and encouragement.

Edd
74; ED at 50. Fired by 1st doc (Szobota - VA Uro) too many q's & contact w/ Coloplast rep. New doc: Ellen (VA Uro) implanted 11/8/18. 22cm Titan + 2cm RTEs; moron docs, product rep, intake/ dischg nurses! NEVER again! L- 6.75"; G- 5.5" oval.

Gordon

Postby Gordon » Mon May 28, 2018 9:21 pm

I was only 2 1/2 weeks post op when I had appointment to activate. It was a problem concealing but only had to deal with it a couple of days after returning back to work.
Married 64
AMS LGX 700 2/15/2017

JohnThomas

Postby JohnThomas » Tue May 29, 2018 5:54 am

I too have recently had a Coloplast Titan Touch implant, and find it more comfortable to leave it partly inflated all the time, as if I fully deflate I find the 'buckle' point a bit sore.

I have found that putting a small sock (trainer socks) on my cock helps with friction, and I think the best philosophy is to let it hang in the position that is most comfortable. For me this is upwards slightly to the left, and I wear a jock strap over a pair of soft boxers. Nude is definitely the most comfortable though!
Male, 64, suffers from ED, hypertension, elevated cholesterol, type II diabetes, Sleep Apnea, and Hypogonadtropism
Getting a Coloplast Titan Implant Early April. Surgeon Mr David Ralph, London.

VinceMH

Postby VinceMH » Tue May 29, 2018 2:56 pm

I'm 60% inflated and there's no way I could point it down. I alternate left up and right up, repositioning usually several times a day. Infant/baby sock over it reduces friction rub. David Archy on first and a tighter pair of Adidas compression shorts over that to keep it tight to the body. I go for activation tomorrow and can't wait!! These five weeks have been uncomfortable and stressful. I also bought some David Archy two pocket underwear for the trip home when I can be deflated. :D
59 yrs, single, healthy, active. Progressive ED for 30 years, venous leakage, prostate cancer, RALP June 2017. Trimix works, but doesn't fit the travel lifestyle. Implanted 4/24/2018, Titan 20 + 2 by Dr Wang at MD Anderson.

rancherejim

Postby rancherejim » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:41 pm

I was sent home from surgery with a pretty good hard-on for one week. Had a post op appointment at 8 days. The Dr. deflated it for the next five weeks, one week to go before he cuts me loose and I can use it. Mine is the Titan and have had very little problem positioning it in my pant's. I have always been really small when flaccid until I got my implant. Always a grower and not a shower, now I'm the same size flaccid as I was erect before. Don't know what I will be pumped up. I'm hoping for a little longer than when flaccid.
He says more girth is pretty common with the Titan. I was 5.5 X 6 before surgery.
It feels pretty good to have a buldge in my pants after all these years. I'm anxious to see what swimming in cold water will do. It used to shrink up to nothing when in cold water.
77 years old, married 58 years. Had ED for the last 10 years or so.
May 2nd, 2018 Coloplast Titan implanted, 24cm with 1cm RTE's. All went well so far.

DonDon

Postby DonDon » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:37 pm

All my instructions were to point it up. I let it be up as much as I could. Without pants, its a 3 o'clock star. So I either move it up or down, straight out looks stupid. As I am now 9 months out, it seems to want to hang down, not typical for me pre implant. Always wanted one that had enough to HANG down. Well I think I got my wish. Spent months trying to make it go up and now find it wants to hang down. If I inflate about 30%, the increased weight lets it hang down.

All you titan guys seem to have the same kink problem. I haven't found that with the AMS. I can feel some little wrinkles in there when its deflated, but no big kink. No spot that needs a sock to prevent friction anyway.

With bathing suits, I must be careful. The liner in there doesn't control it at all; there's no up or down. I have to take the time to 100% deflate by pinching both cylinders and pressing inward toward the pubic bone. That makes my 3 o'clock pretty small. But if you look, I'm still sticking straight out.
Aug'15: RP NON nerve-sparing on Rt. Pills, vac pump, injections: Injections were best, about 50%. Aug'17: Penile pain and headaches. Implant: AMS CX 18 cm+2 cm. (Undersized! :x ) Asked for LGX! Ochsner Hospital, New Orleans, LA Still working great.

Return to “Implants”