deleted

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
FMLFML85

deleted

Postby FMLFML85 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:26 pm

deleted
Last edited by FMLFML85 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David_Webb

Re: Doctor undersizing flaccid measurement

Postby David_Webb » Fri May 25, 2018 8:44 pm

I think this is one of the more common concerns and was one of the first I researched after joining FT. My take from what I have read on here and from speaking directly to my urologist is that the tug or ruler is just an estimate until the doc has made the incision and can measure internally. I’ve read some papers published by doctors talking about filling the penis with saline or air and then measuring the space for the implant.

From what my doctor tells me the AMS comes in a couple sizes and then they add RTE’s to make one fit the best if you are between those sizes... the Coloplast comes in more sizes and if your space is between sizes they will need less RTE’s. There are plenty of opinions and threads on RTE’s and I encourage you to look into the information here while making the decision.

What I did was made a list of all the questions I had learned about here and felt I knew what I wanted to hear from my doctor. I gave him the list of questions and he went over each one and I felt confident he was the surgeon I was going to use... he is a local guy and I was first contemplating going to a high volume guy but that’s not even a concern anymore.

My list of items included:

Questions:

1. Coloplast Titan Vs AMS LGX
2. How many have you done?
3. Infection- length of procedure is critical
4. Floppy head- sizing fear. VED pumping prior to surgery to expand tunica. Allow for larger cylinder length. Injection to estimate size- understand internal is different. Implant placement to the tip. Loss of length. Scar.
5. Opposed to injection treatment due to scarring concern
6. Vasectomy same time?
7. Test for venous leakage.
8. Install method scrotal or infrapubic? Infrapubic method damage to dorsal nerves causing loss of sensation/ feeling.
9. Confirm glans able to receive blood flow after implant? Become engorged.
10. Rear Tip Extenders (RTE’s) vs cutting down tubes. Wobbly or instability issues at base with RTE’s?

Hope this helps...
New Hampshire, 42, Diagnosed with ED early 20’s. VL Left side, Implanted 7-9-18, Dr. Gross, Titan OTR, 22cm +1 RTE, Penoscrotal.

FMLFML85

deleted

Postby FMLFML85 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:53 pm

deleted
Last edited by FMLFML85 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justanotherdrumber

Postby justanotherdrumber » Fri May 25, 2018 8:57 pm

I'm at 60 days post-op, never had any "real pain" ; except for the first night. They said that was primarily spasms from the catheter.

My biggest source of continual discomfort was where the stitches on my right side rubbed on the seam of my jeans.

How could I forget, the 2 hour, 100 mile ride home was excrutiating after a 24 hour "short stay".
Erie,PA
Age 64 - g/f 34
Implanted ams700 lgx, 18cm+1cm RTE
March 2018

David_Webb

Postby David_Webb » Fri May 25, 2018 9:16 pm

FMLFML85 wrote:Thanks David those are great questions and I will definitely be asking my doctor several of them. I am also going to ask if the implant goes 2/3rd into my head.

Did your doctor tell you to use a penis pump to stretch out before implant?

My doctor said the VED is great for men who have had E.D. for years with no erections as the penis “shrinks” and the pump helps expand the tissue that has not been used.

In my case the venous leakage prevents me from maintaining and using my erection but I still get them...though they have kept my tissue in good shape to accept the implants.

I would ask the doctor but if you have been achieving erections with pills or shots I would say your case would be similar to mine.
New Hampshire, 42, Diagnosed with ED early 20’s. VL Left side, Implanted 7-9-18, Dr. Gross, Titan OTR, 22cm +1 RTE, Penoscrotal.

FMLFML85

deleted

Postby FMLFML85 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:50 pm

deleted
Last edited by FMLFML85 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David_Webb

Postby David_Webb » Fri May 25, 2018 11:04 pm

I just had the ultrasound and my left side is only getting half the flow... it’s actually causing a bend. Right side is actually damaged from trying to compensate.

My lack of flow on the left prevent the vein from filling enough to naturally restrict the blood flow that maintains erection.

RayChez

Postby RayChez » Sun May 27, 2018 1:03 pm

The measurement comes after they cut you open. There are video's on UTube that show the whole procedure. Once they make the incision they have these special instruments to stretch from the inside of the penis and measure the length of the cylinders they are going to use. Then they pull the cylinders into the penis all the way up to the gland and cut the string off. Then they will inflate the cylinders to check if it gives a full erection. Now days if the surgeon follows the instructions sent with the Ams kits, there should be no problem with short changing you in length.

I have had two already. The first lasted like fifteen years, then I got a revision about sixteen months ago. This time they used the lGX which gives you length and girth. I really like it except I am not all that happy with the MS pump. Sometimes the valve will stick in the open position and you have to work it back and forth a few times to dislodge it, but the LGX I highly recommend it if you want more length and girth.
age: 75 First implant around 2001, 59 at the time. AMS 700 Ultrex
revision Dec 2016. 2ND implant 21CM, 1rte AMS 700 LGX MS pump

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Sun May 27, 2018 2:24 pm

FMLFML85 wrote: Do the measurements the doctor does even matter or does the doctor not really know what size of implant he is doing until they open you up on the surgery table?

I had consultations with two surgeons and both did a stretch measurement and a measurement after erect from a trimix injection. Both estimated 20-22cm for the implant size, and I ended up with 20/21 L/R cylinders. So the doctor can estimate before surgery and be pretty close.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Mon May 28, 2018 1:24 pm

My doc did a stretch test and really stretched hard. That was 4.5". I mentioned to him that my actual erection at that point measured 5". He said he could not gaurantee me the measurement from the stretch test. I ended up with at 4.5 immediately after surgery, but as soon as I was able to fully pump it was 6". I attribute my difference to the Peyronies I had going into it. I think after the plaque was cleaned out my shaft regained more flexibility. As mentioned above, the only measurement that matters is what the doctor gets once the incisions are made and he can get the actual interior dimensions.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Return to “Implants”