A little off topic (future implants)

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Robert-CA

A little off topic (future implants)

Postby Robert-CA » Sun May 20, 2018 3:14 pm

Thought guys would be interested in hearing about this, even though it's years away. Researchers are working with a metal alloy that has a "memory," activated by heat. They want to make implants from this metal. In it's normal state, it would be soft and flexible, but when slightly heated by electrical induction, it would lengthen and become rigid.

This type of implant would require a much simpler surgery, and would not be prone to mechanical failure.

https://edtreatment.info/new-and-experi ... malimplant

dg_moore

Re: A little off topic (future implants)

Postby dg_moore » Sun May 20, 2018 3:25 pm

Seems like there was a reference to this here a few months ago.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Sun May 20, 2018 3:45 pm

Current penile implants are complicated to install, and prone to mechanical failure. Researchers are experimenting with a new metal alloy that “remembers” a shape, and returns to that shape when heated by electrical induction11.

In theory, a user could cause the penis to become erect by passing an electrical induction device over it, causing the metal implant to stiffen. The implant surgery would be much simpler, and the device would be more reliable, than current implants.

The device is currently undergoing mechanical testing; human trials will not begin for several years.

My response: this seems like a step backward. Having a metal spike as a penis seems way less desirable to a woman and man compared with the hydraulic cylinders which can be adjustable with regards to flexibility.

The ability to have "a fare amount of flexibility erectin" vesus a "very rigid erection that gives a little" versus a "rock hard erectiion like a glass dildo" represent a wonderful menu that a bionic man can present to his woman during sex.

This metal spike seems to provide none of these options.

also, the Girth seems to be totally unfulfilling -- and remember, women do like girth.

So, although it looks like this might be available in 10 years, I will likely opt for a hydraulic implant as we have today
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Urz14me

Postby Urz14me » Sun May 20, 2018 4:50 pm

Thought guys would be interested in hearing about this, even though it's years away. Researchers are working with a metal alloy that has a "memory," activated by heat. They want to make implants from this metal. In it's normal state, it would be soft and flexible, but when slightly heated by electrical induction, it would lengthen and become rigid.

Totally on topic. I'm sure that the device would have different levels of firmness similar to the different levels of heat that an induction stove produces. Just don't go out on a date and get lucky only to remember you forgot you activating device back at home. I always look forward to progress of any type in the field of medicine, this will not replace all future cures but will simply provide another alternative.
52 year old. Diagnosed with Venous Leak. Trimix was hit and miss. opt'd for implant Titan 22cm 3.5cm RTE by Dr. Hakky on March 27, 2018 ...Remember they never complaint how small your penis is when it is in their ass... just sayin' :o

Robert-CA

Postby Robert-CA » Mon May 21, 2018 12:05 am

TANGERINE wrote:My response: this seems like a step backward. Having a metal spike as a penis seems way less desirable to a woman and man compared with the hydraulic cylinders which can be adjustable with regards to flexibility.

The ability to have "a fare amount of flexibility erectin" vesus a "very rigid erection that gives a little" versus a "rock hard erectiion like a glass dildo" represent a wonderful menu that a bionic man can present to his woman during sex.

This metal spike seems to provide none of these options.

also, the Girth seems to be totally unfulfilling -- and remember, women do like girth.

So, although it looks like this might be available in 10 years, I will likely opt for a hydraulic implant as we have today

This is very early work. I imagine the implant would be design to expand in girth, as well as stiffening. Also, I suspect some amount of flexibility would be built in.

Options for ED treatment really haven't changed for 20 years... it's nice to see some options in the pipeline.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon May 21, 2018 1:42 am

Urz14me wrote:Thought guys would be interested in hearing about this, even though it's years away. Researchers are working with a metal alloy that has a "memory," activated by heat. They want to make implants from this metal. In it's normal state, it would be soft and flexible, but when slightly heated by electrical induction, it would lengthen and become rigid.

Totally on topic. I'm sure that the device would have different levels of firmness similar to the different levels of heat that an induction stove produces. Just don't go out on a date and get lucky only to remember you forgot you activating device back at home. I always look forward to progress of any type in the field of medicine, this will not replace all future cures but will simply provide another alternative.

And be careful in hot tubs, saunas and during heat waves.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”