Coloplast Titan Cycling

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Markus55

Coloplast Titan Cycling

Postby Markus55 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:19 pm

I was implanted on April 5, almost 6 weeks ago. I was activated last week and things have been going well. Does anyone have a cycling/stretching routine for a Titan? I know Donnie posted one for the AMS but can't find anything geared towards a Titan.

Thanks
68 yrs old. Began having ED at 49. Venous leak, Diabetes and Peyronies. Tried pills and injections, didn't work. Implanted April 2018 with a Coloplast Titan 22 cm.

cincinnatus1951

Re: Coloplast Titan Cycling

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:56 am

Markus: I have a titan and doc had me cycling for at least 30 minutes twice a day. Aas a practical matter, I pumped up as far as it would go and kept it inflated until the ache became uncomfortable. Initially, 20 to thirty minutes. As it "broke in", it would take an hour before the ache became uncomfortable. Fortunately, wife did not mind me walking around with a"tent" in whatever I was wearing. At 6month check, doc said I only needed to cycle once a week. I still do it about twice a week. Enjoy
Cincinnatus
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

Captn20

Postby Captn20 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:21 pm

cincinnatus1951 wrote:Markus: I have a titan and doc had me cycling for at least 30 minutes twice a day. Aas a practical matter, I pumped up as far as it would go and kept it inflated until the ache became uncomfortable. Initially, 20 to thirty minutes. As it "broke in", it would take an hour before the ache became uncomfortable. Fortunately, wife did not mind me walking around with a"tent" in whatever I was wearing. At 6month check, doc said I only needed to cycle once a week. I still do it about twice a week. Enjoy
Cincinnatus

Cincinnatus 1951
What do you mean by "as fas as it would go"? I have to stop when the pain won't let me pump any more and after that I just fight the pain. This morning I only kept it for 10 min.
This is my first week post-op. When it reaches the threshold of pain, how long should I keep it? I can, of course, bump less and hold it for as long as I want. What's the goal here? When is the "brake in" point and how would I know?
Thanks for the help.
Captn20
61 yrs old, ED started after prostatectomy May 2016. Surgery May 11, 2018; Dr. Eid Titan 22.

JohnThomas

Postby JohnThomas » Thu May 17, 2018 12:40 pm

Hi

There seems to be a wide disparity of practice when it comes to when you are advised to start cycling

When I had the op I was left fully inflated for the first day, then just before I left the hospital I was slightly deflated so that it fairly firm but not fully deflated, and then told to leave it like that for four weeks and not to start cycling until then. I started cycling in week five, and have been cycling every day since then - once, sometimes twice a day, and have left it fully erect for usually half an hour or so, but have gone as long as three hours . I have pumped it up to the max, even though there is still some soreness.i also find that when I have fully pumped, if I leave it for five minutes or so, I can usually get another few squeezes in before it can take no more.

Good luck with your recovery
Male, 64, suffers from ED, hypertension, elevated cholesterol, type II diabetes, Sleep Apnea, and Hypogonadtropism
Getting a Coloplast Titan Implant Early April. Surgeon Mr David Ralph, London.

Spikepork

Postby Spikepork » Thu May 17, 2018 12:45 pm

I’m intrigued here. I too have a Titan. Despite inflating every day I don’t think the aim (I could be wrong) is that I’m expecting any length growth unlike those with the AMC implant which is designed I believe to offer length and girth expansion. If only to recapture original pre op size. Am I missing something here as was told the Titan has a max size anyway so other than simply getting used and passed the pain there are no gains to be made?
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

Captn20

Postby Captn20 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:32 pm

I think there's no wrong answer here. JohnThomas is right, doctors have different preferences and that's fine. That's what makes doctors different and there is no absolute right/wrong way.
The purpose of cycling (inflate/deflate), as I have understood it, is to get all the components of the implant working before scar tissues are generated. After the surgery, body will quickly tries to generate all the the tissues damaged/removed. By cycling and putting all components of the implant to work, what we are doing is to make sure bump/tubes/.... have enough space to reach their maximum capacity BEFORE the scar tissues settle in and take that space from them. When/if that happens implants have much less room to maneuver and therefore, we don't get the maximum length/girth expected.

What I need to know is how much people pump and how long do they let it sit? I don't think (could be wrong) there's a maximum. If it wasn't for the pain, I could pump it probably 10 more times.
Thanks John Thomas, still in recovery. Improving steadily. Now that I'm over the initial period of pain, the next step is to get the most out of the implant by correct cycling and breaking in process.
Captn20
61 yrs old, ED started after prostatectomy May 2016. Surgery May 11, 2018; Dr. Eid Titan 22.

cincinnatus1951

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:05 pm

Captn 20
Fully pumped, I mean that you cant squeeze the bulb on the pump anymore. You have to listen to your body tho. If you are having pain, drop off on the number of pumps a bit and leave it inflated longer. I did not take any real bad pain, it was more like an ache. When it got noticeably annoying, I would deflate. The thing you are trying to do is balance out scar tissue growth around both the reservior and the cylinders. You want to keep both of them expanding to discourage scar tissue from giving them room to do their job. I don;t think the "broken in" is a point in time, it is more an evolution as you learn how to used the pump and deflate valve and the cylinders are as big as they are going to get. I just found I could stay inflated longer and achieve more pumps as time went on. Now, I can stay 80%or so inflated indefinitely. I can stay 100% for an hour or maybe a little more before the ache gets annoying. hope this helps.
Cincnnatus
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

Captn20

Postby Captn20 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:24 pm

Quite helpful! One thing comes to mind; do doctors put the same amount of liquid in the reservoir? Because that determine how many total pumps you get before you are fully pumped. And, of course, how efficient is every squeeze of the pump. I have ask my doctor that.
Captn20

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Thu May 17, 2018 5:16 pm

I was told by my surgeon to inflate twice a day and after 12 months would get maximum results.
He was right.
I pumped up until it hurt and would hold for an average of about 20 mins.
Gradually the pump softened and I found over time I could squeeze more pumps in and hold longer.....I can still pump up to a bit of discomfort if I want.
My size increased from 6” flaccid post op to 7” flaccid now. My erect size is 7 1/2” but slightly more after Miss H sucks me for 10 mins.
My girth is very much improved.
Overall, arousal adds to the final shape and size of my cock which has seen an improvement in arousal erection quality..... my generally, 7 or so pumps, left in for everyday living and comfort, does respond to oral sex with quite a bit of blood flowing in......this obviously adds to the size and quality.
You can probably see why my erection quality is good...... :lol:
Attachments
D03574BF-BBE5-42E1-A3ED-17E1D72501AB.jpeg
D03574BF-BBE5-42E1-A3ED-17E1D72501AB.jpeg (223.48 KiB) Viewed 2437 times
C1EB4209-CE25-407D-8CFE-0EAC57E5DCCE.jpeg
C1EB4209-CE25-407D-8CFE-0EAC57E5DCCE.jpeg (115.35 KiB) Viewed 2437 times
F4A8C209-8E2C-43D9-B08D-8CFE10CB9DF6.jpeg
F4A8C209-8E2C-43D9-B08D-8CFE10CB9DF6.jpeg (155.04 KiB) Viewed 2437 times
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

Return to “Implants”