How do you know or how is it proven that an implant has been undersized?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jelquinginjury

How do you know or how is it proven that an implant has been undersized?

Postby jelquinginjury » Fri May 11, 2018 3:12 am

Only because of the floppy glans or is there something else?
Injury that caused venous leak.
In my 20s thinking about implant

naginati

Re: How do you know or how is it proven that an implant has been undersized?

Postby naginati » Fri May 11, 2018 12:19 pm

Last edited by naginati on Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

chonky

Postby chonky » Fri May 11, 2018 12:38 pm

I believe my implant was undersized. I did not have floppy glands but when it was flaccid the tips protruded out the underside of my penis below the glands . That was very uncomfortable as the Titan continued to inflate after being drained.
65 Periodic ED since 20's due to venous leakage. Pills stopped working . Implanted 3/2012 removed 6/2012 in a"WTF Moment" after several complications. Re-implanted 4/5/19 AMS 700CX

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:31 pm

jelquinginjury wrote:Only because of the floppy glans or is there something else?

This is something I was concerned with when I was making my decision to have an implant. The floppy head or cylinder tips not going up fully into the glands is proof. My concern was that even if the tips were up in the glands that I might have lost length that could have been with a longer device. Many surgeons use standard measuring that does not maximize size. This is done to prevent a device that is so long that it causes erosion or damage to the glands with the tips pushing and trying to go out through the glands. So to me significant loss of size even with the tips in the glands is proof. But not to many surgeons. My local urologist is one of these and told me up front that I would lose 1". That loss was proof to me he would undersize me. That is why I looked for a surgeon who had a lot of experience with implants and works for his patients to get the best results.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

shooter1000

Postby shooter1000 » Fri May 11, 2018 4:55 pm

I believe that if you are properly sized, you will feel some pain and discomfort during you first few moths of cycling until you have stretched your tissues back to your pre-op length. If you were oversized you would have to be very careful not to get too greedy, or risk erosion. In my case after about 3 months of aggressive cycling, I was back to my pre-implant length, and no longer had any discomfort when fully inflated.
Age 75 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring

TomW46

Postby TomW46 » Fri May 11, 2018 7:13 pm

I also wonder about this. Shouldn't the skin on your dick be somewhat tight when pumped? That's what I remember from about 50 years ago. But I don't remember things as well as I used to. I lost almost 2 inches compared to back before my ED and subsequent implant. Even when pumped to the max, I can still slide the skin of my dick forward and back. Is it only the inside that determines the length?
Age 72, wife is 52. 20+1 cm Titan Touch implanted by Dr. Kramer on 18 October 2017. Revision to AMS LGX 21+2 cm on 11 June 2018 by Dr. Carrion at Tampa General. Age-related ED + slight Peyronies bend (left) and slight hourglass in the center.

Return to “Implants”