Getting my implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: Getting my implant

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu May 10, 2018 2:16 am

briefs wrote:My surgery is scheduled for June 29. I'm really looking forward to finally doing this. My urologist and I decided on the AMS Ambicor two-piece implant after a couple months of thought. I'm a little bit anxious but who wouldn't be. Onward and upward!

Signature:
Greg. Gay in Los Angeles. HIV positive. ED starting at age 49 and Peyronie's or fibrosis shortly thereafter. Venous leak. Loss of length -- 6 ⅞ x 5 ½ before ED, 5 ½ x 5 now. Poor erections. Delayed ejaculation. Getting implant in June.

Some studies have shown that some degree of length (and elasticity) restoration is possible by following a regimen of vacuum therapy for 60 days (or longer) prior to implant.

I agree with the comments about the two-piece vs three-piece implant. You may want to do some vigorous research and some probing questions of your surgeon. (Of course, I am a particularly participatory patient; not everyone is comfortable in that style.)
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

briefs

Postby briefs » Thu May 10, 2018 6:37 pm

You've all persuaded me to reconsider the two-piece and get the three-piece instead. I will talk with my doctor again about this. I don't want to be disappointed.

As for length loss I guess I'm just unlucky. I've vacuum pumped for years and continued doing so after developing ED.
Greg. 63. Gay in Los Angeles. HIV positive since '81. ED, venous leak and Peyronie's disease starting at age 49. Loss of length and girth -- 6 ¾ x 5 ½ before ED, 5 ½ x 5 pre-surgery 14 years later, 5 x 4 ½ after implant. Surgery was June 2018. :D

Floridabionic

Postby Floridabionic » Thu May 10, 2018 6:55 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:You may want to do some vigorous research and some probing questions of your surgeon. (Of course, I am a particularly participatory patient; not everyone is comfortable in that style.)

Being a well informed patient will lead to the best possible outcome. I agree with the three piece and also agree with lost sheep, vigorous research and lots of probing questions. Good Luck
53 years old, married 25 years. Peyronies & ED Implanted 3/28/18 by Dr. Kramer. AMS 700 LGX 21+1.

briefs

Postby briefs » Sun May 20, 2018 1:10 pm

My doctor is on board with the three-piece implant, so I'm happy.
Greg. 63. Gay in Los Angeles. HIV positive since '81. ED, venous leak and Peyronie's disease starting at age 49. Loss of length and girth -- 6 ¾ x 5 ½ before ED, 5 ½ x 5 pre-surgery 14 years later, 5 x 4 ½ after implant. Surgery was June 2018. :D

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sun May 20, 2018 3:22 pm

Briefs,
So happy for you. Your life will change forever in June.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

briefs

Postby briefs » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:04 pm

Tomorrow is the day!

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:11 pm

briefs wrote:Tomorrow is the day!

May you get the outcome you desire!
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:55 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
briefs wrote:My surgery is scheduled for June 29. I'm really looking forward to finally doing this. My urologist and I decided on the AMS Ambicor two-piece implant after a couple months of thought. I'm a little bit anxious but who wouldn't be. Onward and upward!

Signature:
Greg. Gay in Los Angeles. HIV positive. ED starting at age 49 and Peyronie's or fibrosis shortly thereafter. Venous leak. Loss of length -- 6 ⅞ x 5 ½ before ED, 5 ½ x 5 now. Poor erections. Delayed ejaculation. Getting implant in June.

Some studies have shown that some degree of length (and elasticity) restoration is possible by following a regimen of vacuum therapy for 60 days (or longer) prior to implant.

I agree with the comments about the two-piece vs three-piece implant. You may want to do some vigorous research and some probing questions of your surgeon. (Of course, I am a particularly participatory patient; not everyone is comfortable in that style.)

You realize that the only implant you can get that will help you reclaim anything you lose is the LGX right?

Larry

briefs

Postby briefs » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:43 pm

Yay! The surgery was succesful. The doctor checked it yesterday and said everything is healing well.

I'm pleased with the result so far. The length is exactly what I expected -- 5 inches. The girth is a little less than I hoped for, but with all the damage from Peyronie's disease over the past 14 years, he was able to fit 12mm cylinders. The circumference is 4-½ to 4-¾ inches, my normal flaccid circumference, so I'm fine with it. The glans is behaving well. It's not floppy. There is some curvature on the left side where my injury did the most damage. I expected this, too, so no surprise there.

From 6-¾ x 5-½ to 5 by 4-½, it has been quite a journey, including pills, injections, pumping, tempering expectations and practicing acceptance.

I can have a woody now whenever I want! Glad to have that ability again. I'm looking forward to being able to try out my new bionic dick! Thanks for all your support along the way.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:29 pm

You may also notice a bit of a chubby when you get aroused. I get one now and I love it.
donnie1954@mail.com
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Return to “Implants”