New Implant - pain

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
YoungGun

New Implant - pain

Postby YoungGun » Tue May 01, 2018 10:23 am

Me again....

About 4 days post op (done Friday morning).
Kinda over the initial surgical pain, swelling is
slowly decreasing. But, I’m experiencing some
pains mainly at the base of the shaft, and some
at the head, where it feels the implant is putting
pressure. I am partially inflated for healing purposes.

Is this pain typical?
Will it go away when completely flaccid?
Will it be worse when completely inflated?

Larry10625

Re: New Implant - pain

Postby Larry10625 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:34 am

YoungGun wrote:Me again....

About 4 days post op (done Friday morning).
Kinda over the initial surgical pain, swelling is
slowly decreasing. But, I’m experiencing some
pains mainly at the base of the shaft, and some
at the head, where it feels the implant is putting
pressure. I am partially inflated for healing purposes.

Is this pain typical?
Will it go away when completely flaccid?
Will it be worse when completely inflated?

Although there is absolutely no way for us to know for sure, based upon my experiences (and several others), your pain will subside as swelling goes down. Ice several times per day for no longer than 20 minutes at a time and use ice through cloth (like a towel) never ice to skin. :)

Larry

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Tue May 01, 2018 10:41 am

What you are feeling sounds perfectly normal and many guys here have felt it. The pain is temporary and if you follow your doctor’s orders, you should be feeling better soon.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

YoungGun

Postby YoungGun » Tue May 01, 2018 10:46 am

So appreciative of the responses, and answers.
My rare nureological disease + diabetes have caused the
ED. I’m probably one of the youngest implant patients, so
yall’s knowledge and advise is a great help. Glad I found this site!
Brent 38yr old/Jackson, Ms - USA/Divorced/ implanted April 27, 18/ Dr Haraway/AMS 700 LGX 18cm + 1cm RTE/ Other Med problems: type 1 diabetes/Ehlers Danlos/Stiff Person Syndrome

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Tue May 01, 2018 10:58 am

Greg1956 wrote:What you are feeling sounds perfectly normal and many guys here have felt it. The pain is temporary and if you follow your doctor’s orders, you should be feeling better soon.

Greg

Exactly.

I think you'll feel MUCH better in a few more days.

Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

VinceMH

Postby VinceMH » Tue May 01, 2018 1:32 pm

I'm 7 days out and what you describe is about what I experienced. It has gone away, mostly. There is discomfort when trying to keep it pointed up and contained in underwear to minimize the bulge. I can only stand about 1/2 day of that and then I have to set it free. Once free, there is no discomfort. It all seems to slowly get better each day. Best wishes!
59 yrs, single, healthy, active. Progressive ED for 30 years, venous leakage, prostate cancer, RALP June 2017. Trimix works, but doesn't fit the travel lifestyle. Implanted 4/24/2018, Titan 20 + 2 by Dr Wang at MD Anderson.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Tue May 01, 2018 1:58 pm

YoungGun wrote:So appreciative of the responses, and answers.

Brent,
I am sorry you are dealing with all that at age 38. There are a number of men here who are in their 20’s and early 30’s with implants so you definitely are not alone in your age group. My ED started at age 30, but doctors only pushed injections and pills until a couple years ago when I finally heard about implants for the first time. Although you may not feel lucky, you are lucky to have your ED taken care of now. Keep us updated on your progress and feel free to ask any questions you have along the way.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Tue May 01, 2018 2:03 pm

it'll hurt....the hurt will subside....you'll be able to fuck!!! Try not to worry (everybody does....) Good luck
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue May 01, 2018 3:05 pm

There are 20 year old men on here, unfortunately... well it's unfortunate that they have ED at 20..

Larry

Ruktitan

Postby Ruktitan » Tue May 01, 2018 7:21 pm

Im 26 brother. And the pain sounds normal. I healed really quick and was able to go back to work after 10 days. Gym after a month. But i still feel some weird feeling in the base of my penis when the cylinders fold funny, i wouldnt call it pain anymore.
29 years old. Suffered with ED since 17. No known cause. First Implanted date 23/3/2018. Cylinders way too short and revised by different surgeon 2019. 22cm titan.
Cylinders still short and now pump is upside down and protruding. Awaiting 3rd revision

Return to “Implants”