One Month in - Inflation/deflation

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
JohnThomas

One Month in - Inflation/deflation

Postby JohnThomas » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:42 am

Yesterday was one month since my implant, and my appointment with the nurse to check things are OK and to learn how to inflate/deflate.

I must admit that she was more successful at inflating/deflating than I was, but as she said, she has more practice at it !

This morning I managed to inflate/deflate on my own.

On the positive side, I did manage to inflate it pretty full - certainly hard enough for intercourse, although not to the max as it began to get sore at that point.

The pump is relatively easy to locate and use - although it is still quite hard, I believe with use it will soften a bit. Nurse managed to inflate in six or seven pumps. It took me a few more - more like 10 or eleven. Apparently you are meant to be able to feel / sense the fluid moving through the pipes, a small vibration if you like, but I must admit that I could not feel this most of the time, if at all - and had to feel the shaft to sense that it was inflating. I found deflating far more difficult than inflating, particularly in trying to locate the right position on the release bar - I have a Coloplast Titan zero touch model - where one end of the release bar is concave, and the other is not and has a little dimple in the centre that you press - trying to find that through the skin of your ball sack was for me tricky, but hopoefully will get easier with time. She recommended inflating / deflating in the bath, so presumably heat in that area makes it easier?

Overall the shape looks OK - although it is pointing slighly leftwards ( the side on which the pump and reservoir is). There does not appear to be any great diminution in girth or length either - I will take measurements in a few days as I get better at the cycling.

And the soreness that had disappeared, has somewhat reappeared when inflating, but again this will diminish with time and practice.

The nurse said that cycling once a day was sufficient, but I have read here of some who seem to do it more often than that - I would be interested in others experience in terms of what is optimal, although I understand it will differ from one individual to another.

Overall vert satisfied so far. If you are hesitant about having an implant yet know that it is the right thing for you , then go for it
Male, 64, suffers from ED, hypertension, elevated cholesterol, type II diabetes, Sleep Apnea, and Hypogonadtropism
Getting a Coloplast Titan Implant Early April. Surgeon Mr David Ralph, London.

Donnie1954

Re: One Month in - Inflation/deflation

Postby Donnie1954 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:54 am

Brother,
So glad your doing well. I was Implanted October 4, 2016. I'm 64 now. Couldn't be more pleased. No erection before after radiation treatment for prostate cancer. Welcome to the Brotherhood. Please PM me with any concerns.

Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:30 pm

JohnThomas wrote: I have a Coloplast Titan zero touch model - where one end of the release bar is concave, and the other is not and has a little dimple in the centre that you press - trying to find that through the skin of your ball sack was for me tricky, but hopoefully will get easier with time.

What helped me a lot with the pump was practicing with the silicon keychain pump that comes with the Titan. Did you get one of those practice pumps? Practicing with that helps develop muscle/touch memory so the real pump becomes easier to locate and operate. At 4+ months now I can inflate/deflate one handed, just takes time and practice.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:21 pm

it is very important that you inflate to the maximum hardness, even though it hurts. During the first four weeks, scar forms and this will prevent you from being as big as you possibly could be; so, PUMP TO THE MAX starting now if you want maximum size. (remember, "no pain, no gain")
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:25 pm

JohnThomas wrote:Yesterday was one month since my implant, and my appointment with the nurse to check things are OK and to learn how to inflate/deflate.

I must admit that she was more successful at inflating/deflating than I was, but as she said, she has more practice at it !

On the positive side, I did manage to inflate it pretty full - certainly hard enough for intercourse, although not to the max as it began to get sore at that point.

The pump is relatively easy to locate and use - although it is still quite hard, I believe with use it will soften a bit. Nurse managed to inflate in six or seven pumps. It took me a few more - more like 10 or eleven. Apparently you are meant to be able to feel / sense the fluid moving through the pipes, a small vibration if you like, but I must admit that I could not feel this most of the time, if at all - and had to feel the shaft to sense that it was inflating. I found deflating far more difficult than inflating, particularly in trying to locate the right position on the release bar - I have a Coloplast Titan zero touch model - where one end of the release bar is concave, and the other is not and has a little dimple in the centre that you press - trying to find that through the skin of your ball sack was for me tricky, but hopoefully will get easier with time. She recommended inflating / deflating in the bath, so presumably heat in that area makes it easier?

Overall the shape looks OK - although it is pointing slighly leftwards ( the side on which the pump and reservoir is). There does not appear to be any great diminution in girth or length either - I will take measurements in a few days as I get better at the cycling.

And the soreness that had disappeared, has somewhat reappeared when inflating, but again this will diminish with time and practice.

The nurse said that cycling once a day was sufficient, but I have read here of some who seem to do it more often than that - I would be interested in others experience in terms of what is optimal, although I understand it will differ from one individual to another.

Overall vert satisfied so far. If you are hesitant about having an implant yet know that it is the right thing for you , then go for it

Try using a heating pad or hot water bottle on your bag, it will make the pump easier to squeeze. :)

JohnThomas

Postby JohnThomas » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:26 am

Thanks for the tips and good wishes

Yes I am pumping to the max, even if it is sore, as I want to maximise length and girth

I measured it this morning when pumped up - 7 inch length and 5 inch girth. I reckon it is 1/4 inch shorter than before, but I am not too worried about that, and maybe it will return

I did not receive one of those silicone keychain pump that was mentioned - it would be very handy and helpful - I had to make do with a practice on a full model in the nurses office before trying it on myself

I have tried using a hot water bottle and yes it did help, thanks.

I have a few practical questions but I will post separately on these

Best wishes
Male, 64, suffers from ED, hypertension, elevated cholesterol, type II diabetes, Sleep Apnea, and Hypogonadtropism
Getting a Coloplast Titan Implant Early April. Surgeon Mr David Ralph, London.

Spikepork

Postby Spikepork » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:53 am

I don’t think Ralph gives out these key chains. Not the implant info as you see mentioned by USA implantees on this forum.
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:08 am

JohnThomas wrote:Thanks for the tips and good wishes

Yes I am pumping to the max, even if it is sore, as I want to maximise length and girth

I measured it this morning when pumped up - 7 inch length and 5 inch girth. I reckon it is 1/4 inch shorter than before, but I am not too worried about that, and maybe it will return

I did not receive one of those silicone keychain pump that was mentioned - it would be very handy and helpful - I had to make do with a practice on a full model in the nurses office before trying it on myself

I have tried using a hot water bottle and yes it did help, thanks.

I have a few practical questions but I will post separately on these

Best wishes

If you call Coloplast and tell them you didn't get the keychain, I'm sure they will send you one. The same thing happened to me with the AMS and they shipped it right away. The key chain really was helpful. :)

Larry

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:05 am

It's also a great conversation starter.
Donnie.
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:18 am

JohnThomas wrote:Yesterday was one month since my implant, and my appointment with the nurse to check things are OK and to learn how to inflate/deflate.

I am wondering? How pumped up were you during healing in past 4 weeks ?? I am 13 days post implant and pumped enough that I could penetrate and it hurts constantly. Been this way since surgery. How about you other guys also?? Pumped hard at surgery or softer?
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Return to “Implants”