One week post open - few questions

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Tryin2hard

One week post open - few questions

Postby Tryin2hard » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:15 pm

Ok, I'm one week post op. Ams lgx Doctor Eid. Doing well with no real problems but a few questions. I notice my length seems same as pre op but my girth is a little less along with more of a flat or oval appearance. Will I round out it time or is this an inevitable trade off with an implant? The only other issue is that I still can't pump enough to feel any real discomfort. Believe there is room for more expansion but the bulb gets too hard to squeeze. Sutures come out on Friday and thus far I am very pleased with my outcome. Thanks to all.
68 yrs old. Peyronies diagnosed 3 years ago. tried pills and Trimix injections. Implanted April 13 2018. 18 cm ams lgx with 1 cm rte by Dr. Eid.

radioradio

Re: One week post open - few questions

Postby radioradio » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:57 pm

Congratulations!

I'm coming up on 9 months and am still pretty oval. My theory is that guys who had smaller girth going in will end up more oval -- there's just not as much natural tissue relative to the cross section of the inflated cylinders. Also, my spongosium doesn't engorge very much since the prostatectomy. If it did, it would help round things out.

Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:23 pm

Sounds like you are doing well. When I made my decision on my implant I also decided not to judge the out come for a year baring infection or device failure. I was cleared to cycle aggressively on 4-11 just shy of 3 weeks post op and also could not inflate to discomfort for 3-4 days. When I could inflate to discomfort and was aggressively cycling I ended up causing some bruising and soreness. But I did have gains with doing that. As per my doc I have backed off on the aggressive cycling everyday and gone to shorter time and less aggressive pumping every other day.

Sounds to me like you are well on your way in this but there is more to do. Things are still really early in this and there is a lot of time left for change. I have read on this site that folks have gains over a year post op. I am just shy of 5 weeks post op and believe that I will have more gains in the year ahead. Very difficult to do I know first hand but just follow doc instructions and understand it is really early in this and things will get easier and change going forward. Lots of good times ahead for us both I am sure.

Take care and stay in touch.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:41 pm

Deleted by user
Last edited by Anonymous3 on Sun May 13, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

antman90

Postby antman90 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:36 pm

Tryin2hard wrote:Ok, I'm one week post op. Ams lgx Doctor Eid. Doing well with no real problems but a few questions. I notice my length seems same as pre op but my girth is a little less along with more of a flat or oval appearance. Will I round out it time or is this an inevitable trade off with an implant? The only other issue is that I still can't pump enough to feel any real discomfort. Believe there is room for more expansion but the bulb gets too hard to squeeze. Sutures come out on Friday and thus far I am very pleased with my outcome. Thanks to all.

Why didn't you get a titan ? They're suppose to produce better girth and less of an oval shape from what I've heard.
27, divorced no kids, ED since as long as I can remember, don't know the cause. Pills work but hate the sides/planning. Leaning towards an implant.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:30 pm

I am now 7 months post op. My dick is still oval at times, but it seems less frequent than it did at first. I had issues with engorgememt after my Prostectomy so I am not sure if the oval vs round I experience now is simply the implant getting broken in and filling out more or if it is a natural thing.

As for the hard pump bulb, that is totally normal. It takes time for the bulb to loosen up, but also at one week your dick is still in total recovery mode. It is swollen and not very pliable. When you pump, it may be all your penis can take right now. I recall the first few times I inflated mine did that, but with use I woul get more pumps in. It also made a differ nice in my hard size, change me from 4.5”-6” in the first couple months. That is not the long term growth some guys see from the implant expanding, but just my penis allowing more pumps to totally fill it up. Be patient.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:21 pm

antman90 wrote:
Tryin2hard wrote:Ok, I'm one week post op. Ams lgx Doctor Eid. Doing well with no real problems but a few questions. I notice my length seems same as pre op but my girth is a little less along with more of a flat or oval appearance. Will I round out it time or is this an inevitable trade off with an implant? The only other issue is that I still can't pump enough to feel any real discomfort. Believe there is room for more expansion but the bulb gets too hard to squeeze. Sutures come out on Friday and thus far I am very pleased with my outcome. Thanks to all.

Why didn't you get a titan ? They're suppose to produce better girth and less of an oval shape from what I've heard.

You've heard wrong. Both AMS and Coloplast can produce an oval shape. Titan and LGX increase in girth. :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”