Rear tip extenders.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Donnie1954

Rear tip extenders.

Postby Donnie1954 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:51 pm

Why is there such a paranoia concerning the use of RTEs. My Urologist used 5.5 in RTEs in my implant. Giving me 7" of good hard dick. Why are guys who are adamant about not receiving RTEs having to have revisions because the pump is too high. My Urologist used RTEs to keep about 2" of my AMS outside my body. Those 2 precious inches would have been useless buried inside my crus. I'm curious. Did you have RTEs? Have you had any problems at all. Is your pump accessible? If you didn't, are you happy with pump placement. Have you had to have a revision?
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

oldbeek

Re: Rear tip extenders.

Postby oldbeek » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:03 pm

Good question. Have not talked to surgeon to see what was implanted. We agreed on an ams 700 lgx but size was no discussed. I am about 80% pumped while I am healing. I can feel about 9 inches of device in me, tip to perineum.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:09 pm

Since you had an AMS installed, you should have been given a wallet card. It will tell you exactly what was installed. So glad you are doing well. I'll bet you like that bigger dick! I sure do! Welcome bionic brother.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:25 pm

ddbryan1972 wrote:Since you had an AMS installed, you should have been given a wallet card. It will tell you exactly what was installed. So glad you are doing well. I'll bet you like that bigger dick! I sure do! Welcome bionic brother.
Donnie

I had a wallet card with the first one but the second one I got a form with stickers from the products. I'm wondering if they have done away with the wallet cards?? :)

Larry

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:34 pm

Bro,
I would ask for one. You might need it at airports.
Donnie

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:41 pm

ddbryan1972 wrote:Bro,
I would ask for one. You might need it at airports.
Donnie

I folded up the form although I like the wallet card better.

Larry.

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:23 pm

ddbryan1972 wrote:Why is there such a paranoia concerning the use of RTEs. My Urologist used 5.5 in RTEs in my implant. Giving me 7" of good hard dick. Why are guys who are adamant about not receiving RTEs having to have revisions because the pump is too high. My Urologist used RTEs to keep about 2" of my AMS outside my body. Those 2 precious inches would have been useless buried inside my crus. I'm curious. Did you have RTEs? Have you had any problems at all. Is your pump accessible? If you didn't, are you happy with pump placement. Have you had to have a revision?
Donnie

Many doctors prefer to place cylinders without RTEs since they are narrower than the cylinders where they insert into the crus. Those doctors feel that the "segments" of RTEs can get wobbly over time. However to properly fit the cylinders to the patient they may have to place some. AMS implants come in 3cm increments, so they tend to require RTEs more often than Coloplast implants that come in 2cm increments.

Another issue with too many RTEs, or too long, this tends to move the tubing exiting the cylinders forward, this may result with tubing being felt along the shaft of the external penis.

A possible advantage of having many or long RTEs, is that since RTEs do not fill with fluid, it may take less pumps to inflate fully.

Hey, Donnie, it seems you are happy with yours, so don't worry what others think. As long as you can light up your significant other who cares what you got in there. :lol: :lol: :lol:
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:31 pm

RTE's. This is how I understand that they work and how they are used. First when the doc opens you up he picks a spot to cut into your tunica. Then he measures up to the glands after working to open them up and down into your body. Then adds those together to give over all length. But the cylinders are sized in increments of 2cm for Coloplast and 3cm for AMS. So RTE's are used to make up the difference. But that is not all of it. The tubes to fill the cylinders should be close to the incision in the tunica. So if your down measurement is long then I can see why a doc would use a shorter cylinder and longer RTE's. I have also seen some where that the location the tubes attach to the cylinders is a different distance from the rear of the cylinder on the AMS vs the Coloplast.

I have also read threads about the diameter of the AMS vs Coloplast RTE's being different. AMS RTE's are smaller. The concern was the smaller AMS not giving the support of the larger Coloplast. And the Coloplast being made in more sizes reduced the need for long RTS's. And if IIRC the tubes attach to the Coloplast cylinders a bit farther from the rear end of the cylinder than AMS does.

Now I am not a doctor and do not have documents to back up any of this. Only what my bad rememberer has from reading on this site. Could be the doc just plugs the measurements into a program and it tells him what to use. Could be also an experienced doc is needed to figure it out from what he see's and knows about the implantee.

IIRC the concern was for a 90 degree towel hanging erection and the point of view that no or very little RTE's aided in that.

I hope this helps a bit and if I have anything wrong please correct me. Best of luck to all dealing with this.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:38 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
ddbryan1972 wrote:Since you had an AMS installed, you should have been given a wallet card. It will tell you exactly what was installed. So glad you are doing well. I'll bet you like that bigger dick! I sure do! Welcome bionic brother.
Donnie

I had a wallet card with the first one but the second one I got a form with stickers from the products. I'm wondering if they have done away with the wallet cards?? :)

Larry

Larry, I received cards that did not have stickers on them. Doc said they do not put stickers on the cards anymore. When I pressed my doc about them I was forwarded an e-mail from his AMS rep. That e-mail had a copy of the forms with the stickers attached for all of my components.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:40 pm

newbie443 wrote: Could be the doc just plugs the measurements into a program and it tells him what to use. Could be also an experienced doc is needed to figure it out from what he see's and knows about the implantee.

I have located the AMS operating room manual and the link to the PDF is:
http://www.bostonscientific.com/content ... M_en_s.pdf

On page 15 there is the method of determining what size implant and RTEs are required.

I have not found something similar for Coloplast.
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

Return to “Implants”