Rear tip extenders.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
newbie443

Re: Rear tip extenders.

Postby newbie443 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:48 pm

ddbryan1972 wrote:Bro,
I would ask for one. You might need it at airports.
Donnie

My return airplane ride I had all my paper work with me but because I had flown out and was going back I was fast tracked and went through the scan with out a problem. There was a thread on this and it seemed that folks with 22cm or larger had problems more than those who did not. I do not plan to fly again soon but I do have cards and forms. If I can remember to take them with me.

My feeling on this is to have them with me but not to present them unless there is some problem.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:17 pm

My RTEs are stackable a 4cm and a 1.5cm. Even the web site needs to be updated. I have an AMS 700CX.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Floridabionic

Postby Floridabionic » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:48 am

ddbryan1972 wrote:Why is there such a paranoia concerning the use of RTEs. My Urologist used 5.5 in RTEs in my implant. Giving me 7" of good hard dick. Why are guys who are adamant about not receiving RTEs having to have revisions because the pump is too high. My Urologist used RTEs to keep about 2" of my AMS outside my body. Those 2 precious inches would have been useless buried inside my crus. I'm curious. Did you have RTEs? Have you had any problems at all. Is your pump accessible? If you didn't, are you happy with pump placement. Have you had to have a revision?
Donnie

This is not a matter of paranoia all the top surgeons agree that when it comes to RTEs less is better. I have included a link to a study that is from Coloplast and not AMS but you can reach the same conclusion that "RTEs result in greater cylinder deflection" furthermore there is a "hinge effect at the junction which results in a wobbly erection".http://www.smsna.org/scottsdale2016/presentations/206.pdf
53 years old, married 25 years. Peyronies & ED Implanted 3/28/18 by Dr. Kramer. AMS 700 LGX 21+1.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:58 am

There is absolutely no hinge effect. What's true for AMS 700CX might not be true for all. I have a nice 7" erection because 2" of my implant is inside my body. I trust my Urologist's decision to use RTEs. They come with the kit for a reason.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

lenders

Postby lenders » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:38 am

This is common sense, the cavernous bodies are filled with blood from the beginning to the end, with an implant that is replaced by inflatable prostheses that swell with saline, the rte's are not inflatable, therefore if someone wants to have the most similar to a natural erection it is logical that the cylinders fill all the space with the least amount of rte's possible since these are not inflatable and more of them the erection will be less similar to a natural erection and more wobble.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:33 pm

RTEs are not in the tunica. They fill the space inside your body. Deep inside. This keeps your implant tubes in your penis where they're needed. I have a nice firm erection. There is no wasted implant deep inside me. Due to the construction if the AMS, RTEs keep my pump nice and low without the need for extra tubing that can cause problems. Revision with an AMS is more common when RTEs aren't used because the pump is always high.
Donnie

Floridabionic

Postby Floridabionic » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:45 pm

lenders wrote:This is common sense, the cavernous bodies are filled with blood from the beginning to the end, with an implant that is replaced by inflatable prostheses that swell with saline, the rte's are not inflatable, therefore if someone wants to have the most similar to a natural erection it is logical that the cylinders fill all the space with the least amount of rte's possible since these are not inflatable and more of them the erection will be less similar to a natural erection and more wobble.

Ditto Lenders

"Revision with an AMS is more common when RTEs aren't used because the pump is always high."

Donnie
Please include link to study/data showing lack of RTEs result in high pump placement.
53 years old, married 25 years. Peyronies & ED Implanted 3/28/18 by Dr. Kramer. AMS 700 LGX 21+1.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:58 pm

Every time revision is mentioned on this site due to high pump, seldom were any RTEs used. With RTEs used. Seldom are any revisions done due to high pump placement. In an AMS use of RTEs keeps the pump low and the tubes prominent. If the crus isn't deep, (as mine is) RTEs may not be necessary. If a large portion of your implant in deep inside, extra tubing can be added in Lew of RTEs but there is greater risk of tubing problems. If anyone had a high pump and RTEs were used, they are the exception.
Donnie

London lad

Postby London lad » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:21 pm

I'm considering having a penile-implant in near future. As someone new to this site, I'm new to the concept of an RTE - I've being trying to get my head around exactly what it is as not really heard/read about it before.

1. Is an RTE something that I do or don't want to be asking my surgeon to insert during the penile-implant? Are they beneficial to have?
2. If I do go for RTE, is it up to the surgeon to decide most appropriate measurement for it, or does the patient usually have a say in this?
3. If anyone has a link they could send me with easy-to-digest info about them (or maybe a historical post on this site somewhere?), please send my way! I tried Googling RTEs, but tbh I'm still not really understanding them in layman terms.
37yo. Implanted for 1st time in 2018 with Titan. I’ve had ED my whole life, & was born with Phimosis & Congenital Downward Curvature - both of which corrected in 2009 (with Nesbitt's & Circumcision). ED remained until 2018 implant.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:26 pm

Find a competent Surgeon and trust his judgment. Many guys who adamantly insist on no RTEs usually regret it. Many resulting in revisions due to high pump. Let your Surgeon be the authority.
Donnie

Return to “Implants”