At what age would an implant be appropriate?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Baseballfan11

Re: At what age would an implant be appropriate?

Postby Baseballfan11 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:33 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
Spikepork wrote:At an age where all else fails. Life is jut too short but always try every single alternative first.

Sorry, I can't agree with that. If a VL is the diagnosis, than the implant is the treatment. We all know that the injections and pills will not work on a VL. Why would we potentially jeopardize relationships by screwing around for years with treatments that are not going to work. As far as I am concerned, as soon as a definite diagnosis of VL is made, off you go to the OR... life is too short to be wasting time. I wasted over 30 years for nothing... just because I didn't know that there was such a thing. Just my humble opinion. :)

Larry

Correct me if I'm wrong Larry, but injections aren't arousal dependent right? That means if no combination works it HAS to be a physical issue?
26 years old. USA. ED problem since teenage years. Doctor prescribed ED meds showing some efficacy but not a guarantee. As much as I’d like the implant I now think I should hold off if I’m seeing some results from pills

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:03 pm

Baseballfan11 wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:
Spikepork wrote:At an age where all else fails. Life is jut too short but always try every single alternative first.

Sorry, I can't agree with that. If a VL is the diagnosis, than the implant is the treatment. We all know that the injections and pills will not work on a VL. Why would we potentially jeopardize relationships by screwing around for years with treatments that are not going to work. As far as I am concerned, as soon as a definite diagnosis of VL is made, off you go to the OR... life is too short to be wasting time. I wasted over 30 years for nothing... just because I didn't know that there was such a thing. Just my humble opinion. :)

Larry

Correct me if I'm wrong Larry, but injections aren't arousal dependent right? That means if no combination works it HAS to be a physical issue?

Right... I am quite sure that the injections have nothing to do with arousal. If injections won't work, I don't think anything will. I sure as hell had no interest in taking another 30 years to check out all the other shit. I'm glad the doctor did the implant. :D

Larry

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:12 pm

Agree with you, Larry. It is postponing the inevitable, with high possibly of risking relationships.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:20 pm

ThePlumber1964 wrote:Agree with you, Larry. It is postponing the inevitable, with high possibly of risking relationships.

I just can't understand the opposition that there is to the implant... who says no to an instant hard on that lasts all night??? Not me. :)

Larry

Melbourne1

Postby Melbourne1 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:52 pm

I agree with Larry.. life is short and ever changing, why put off the end result? My opinion is that the injections are never long term and possibly do damage as well as being inconvineant (my view on injections is just that and everyone different— I skipped the injections but tried everything else, including risking mental health and relationship)

Implant is a little scary, but with research and understanding it soon becomes clear of being a way back to enjoying a important part of life.

Good luck with your journey— do what feels right when you have researched...
44, Married.. Titan touch Left 23.5cm Right 24.0 cm installed April 9th 2018 with Dr Katz.... Activation 25th May...
Melbourne Australia

Spikepork

Postby Spikepork » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:01 am

I totally agree. My comment was rather to try and find any physician issue. Of course medications can help. But they are not permannet as a fix. The implant is the final frontier and like Larry I wasted many years of stress, anger and relationships as a result of ED. So when you (and only you will know) feel the time is right you should absoluely have an implant.
Now Implanted 9/12/17. 52 years old with ED for over 20 years. Tried all the pills and injections. Update. Implanted with Titan 22 + 1. by DR Ralph Dec 9th London. Now in recovery and at 3 months feeling the journey was worth the pain.

Urz14me

Postby Urz14me » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:02 pm

I had VL I found different combinations with pills, injections, rubber bands, etc that help me maintain an erection long enough to have sex the problem was I hate math and equations. The pre prep before sex became mentally and emotionally exhausting. I opted for the implant for quicker and guaranteed results with reduced stress.
52 year old. Diagnosed with Venous Leak. Trimix was hit and miss. opt'd for implant Titan 22cm 3.5cm RTE by Dr. Hakky on March 27, 2018 ...Remember they never complaint how small your penis is when it is in their ass... just sayin' :o

rancherejim

Postby rancherejim » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:31 pm

I too have tried everything except a VP. Pills worked for 10 years but robbed me of a orgasm. Went to injections but they worked to well, had a hard-on for hours afterwards that hurt like hell. Tried several different mix's. The only thing left is an implant. At 77 I don't have a lot of time to waste. Going for my surgery on May 2nd. Hoping for a good outcome.
77 years old, married 58 years. Had ED for the last 10 years or so.
May 2nd, 2018 Coloplast Titan implanted, 24cm with 1cm RTE's. All went well so far.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:40 pm

rancherejim wrote:I too have tried everything except a VP. Pills worked for 10 years but robbed me of a orgasm. Went to injections but they worked to well, had a hard-on for hours afterwards that hurt like hell. Tried several different mix's. The only thing left is an implant. At 77 I don't have a lot of time to waste. Going for my surgery on May 2nd. Hoping for a good outcome.

Best wishes on your surgery Jim, we are looking forward to welcoming you to our exclusive bionic brotherhood. :)

Larry

Return to “Implants”