Becoming Bionic

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
David_R

Re: Becoming Bionic

Postby David_R » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:07 am

C_lab34 wrote:So far there is a big length difference between my flaccid and erect states, even though I have a CX, which doesn't expand in length. I grow about 1.5 inches when I inflate right now.

With my implant I also am larger when inflated, but I think part of that is because I still have natural glans engorgement (head swelling) when aroused. (This is a completely different process from the erection process, I learned from a doctor who spoke at a prostate cancer support group that I attended.)

moetheman

Postby moetheman » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:08 am

David_R wrote:
C_lab34 wrote:So far there is a big length difference between my flaccid and erect states, even though I have a CX, which doesn't expand in length. I grow about 1.5 inches when I inflate right now.

With my implant I also am larger when inflated, but I think part of that is because I still have natural glans engorgement (head swelling) when aroused. (This is a completely different process from the erection process, I learned from a doctor who spoke at a prostate cancer support group that I attended.)

I also have glans engorgement which is why I'm unsure whether the tips are in the right place or not. If I'm not aroused then the tips go probably halfway into the glans when I inflate. The front portion of the glans is quite soft / floppy and movable in this state. However with arousal and stimulation when inflated, the glans swell up to twice the size and become really firm. The tips in this state only reach the start of the glans and don't go inside.

The only thing I'm uncertain about is whether this will cause difficulty in entering a partner. I haven't yet had the opportunity to go for a real "test drive" as yet, and the prospect is kind of scary in case it will fail due to floppy glans (though mine are quite firm even without support).
Developed ED at 32.
11/20/15 implanted with a botched Titan Coloplast 18cm + 3cm by urologynow.co.uk
03/23/16 Revision by Dr Eid - implanted a Titan Coloplast 24cm
04/08/16 Started cycling the implant

C_lab34

Postby C_lab34 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:13 am

I would think that, if you're aroused and your glans is firm, you should be able to enter a partner without difficulty. As I see it, the whole point of having the tips extend into the glans is so that, even if you don't get any additional hardness, you can still penetrate and have stability the whole length of your erection. But when you add your own firmness, even if the tips don't extend any farther, or move dynamically with the glans, you'll have that exact same stability. I don't think you should worry about it.

C_lab34

Postby C_lab34 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:15 am

Let me also add that so far the sex I've had was with partial inflation and no natural arousal or glans firmness or swelling. I am too sore to get much natural arousal now, but I expect it to return alongside my inflated erection in time, since I do get glans swelling when I'm not inflated, or just barely inflated. And even with a partially inflated, soft glans erection, I was able to penetrate and have sex.

moetheman

Postby moetheman » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:26 pm

I think my situation could be borderline, but until I test drive it will be difficult to know. The glans are still way softer than the hard cylinders, and the front of the penis is not stiff like I expect it to be. Kind of feels like I have ED at the front of the penis. Can't wait to get the second opinion in three weeks time.
Developed ED at 32.
11/20/15 implanted with a botched Titan Coloplast 18cm + 3cm by urologynow.co.uk
03/23/16 Revision by Dr Eid - implanted a Titan Coloplast 24cm
04/08/16 Started cycling the implant

merrix

Postby merrix » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:40 pm

Great to hear C_lab!

I'm really happy for you. We both had our issues post-op, even though different.
In the end, seems we both will come out just fine.

Take care, and keep healing.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

C_lab34

Postby C_lab34 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:25 am

Getting close to the five week point. I'm getting a better perspective now for just how long it is going to take to fully heal. I have a long way to go. I've been having sex once every other or day or so because of soreness. Also, I am still not pumping up all the way because my tissues are still getting stretched and expanding from the pressure of the hard cylinders. To me, this is a good sign, as I am slowly gaining or regaining size. Right now I have two benchmarks that are constantly, slowly improving day by day. How much I can pump up for sex, and how much I can pump up for cycling and tissue expansion. The max I can pump up now is just too painful to use for sex, even though I believe I have not yet reached full inflation. What I can now pump up to for sex is harder and fuller than it was right at the beginning, but I still feel soreness and because of this, I am not getting much natural engorgement. I do get more natural arousal when I lightly masturbate, so I think that in time this will be much more prominent during actual sex too. I also have to keep in mind that this very early, I almost want to say rushed, protocol of cycling and having sex within a month of the surgery seems to be right on the edge of acceptable. I can see why a lot of doctors tell their patients not to do anything with it until the six week mark. The truth is that for all of the progress I've made so far, I'm just not healed yet. I think now that I really won't have a finished product until around the six month mark, maybe even later. But I really like where this is going, and I think in time the minor issues I've experienced will work themselves out.

My implant is expanding more easily in girth in the bottom half of my shaft. It's getting very wide there, and narrows as it gets closer to the glans. For Alibaba and others that are concerned about the capacity of AMS devices, I really think that the limitations have more to do with your tissues and how they stretch out than whether you have an AMS or Titan. I could be wrong, but this is what I think now. And the primary reason I think this, apart from what Dr. Kramer has said repeatedly, is that I can see it with my own penis. On the bottom half of my penis, for whatever reason, my tissues just have more elasticity or ability to stretch, and the CX is really widening everything out in that area. Closer to the glans, where my tissues must be tighter, probably more fibrotic and resistant, the cylinders are narrower. Now I also think that over time the CX will put enough pressure on that region to stretch it out and I'll gain thickness there too, but it's going to take more time, and probably won't ever quite match the bottom half. I've already seen a little bit of a difference as I pump up more, with the mid shaft now wider than it was initially. So the expansion is creeping its way up the shaft, working on the tougher tissue more slowly but still surely. I wanted to provide these minute details for the more girth minded fellows, who may be concerned about the AMS, because we've all heard that the Titan has the reputation for providing better girth. And, who knows, maybe at bottom it is still better, but I think my AMS CX is doing just fine, and I see a lot of potential for gains too.

Sex is a lot better already than it used to be, even though I am still limited in some ways by soreness. One thing I've been able to really enjoy is close, full penetration without a lot of in and out movements. I always had to maintain a steady rhythm in the past, and now I can really go in to the hilt and stay there, and grind and move more subtly up and down and side to side. My girlfriend loves this and I think it would be a big hit for any woman, as it feels very intimate and most likely provides a lot of pressure and stimulation on the clit. Every move I make is no longer constrained by considerations for keeping my erections, which is such a huge relief and something that, as I have said many times, I have never had the pleasure of enjoying. Now, with all of that being said, I do remember some words of caution and qualification from some other members that I would like to take the opportunity to repeat. The implant has made sex much more enjoyable, and it provides exactly what it sets out to do, a hard penis that lasts as long as you want. It does not, nevertheless, fix the larger problems in a relationship, lift you out of poverty, or save your soul. I am already more confident and relaxed, and it has had a positive effect on my psyche. But there is still a lot of work I need to do on myself, and my relationships, that has nothing to do with the implant. One of the worst aspects of having serious ED is that it can cast a darkness over your life that makes it very difficult to reasonably order your priorities and values. Maybe I'm alone in this when I say that, in the past, I would catch myself thinking "If only I weren't impotent, everything would be great." Well, it is a lot better to be potent, to know you can perform at any time than not, but with that obstacle out of the way, all the others loom. And I can see much more clearly now just what parts of my life and character need improvement, and that improvement will have to come from a different part of myself, a part that can't just rest on confidence about sexual ability.

merrix

Postby merrix » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:45 am

Good one, enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing.

Agree about the healing. It takes time. I am 8 weeks out now. 3 weeks ago I thought/hoped I'd be fully recovered by now. I'm not. Still get soreness after sex or masturbation. Still feel tenderness when penis is poked accidentally. Still get sore if sitting in same position for too long. The rapid improvement from week 4 to week 6 has slowed down. I'm still progressing, but just like you say, I've got my own target set at 6 months. That's when I've set my mind to being 100% recovered.

Good to hear you're ok.
Take care and enjoy.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

conway_96

Postby conway_96 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:41 pm

I want to thank both of you for maintaining such detailed journals. I've been following closely.

The way you guys are honestly dissecting all aspects of implant life is providing myself and others with a wealth of valuable information.

Hopefully this will encourage more members to come forward and update their experiences, both good and bad, physical and psychological.

If I end up taking the plunge, I will do the same.

Conway
29-years-old.
Potent erectile function until mid-teens. Pelvic fracture at 15.
Tried everything - pills, injections, shockwave, PRP injections, stem cell injection.
Life has been completely destroyed as a result.
Implant is the only remaining option.

C_lab34

Postby C_lab34 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:42 am

Part of me wants to wait longer before giving updates at this point, because I believe that full healing will take a few more months. Nevertheless, I do want to document the different stages of recovery, as well as the mental states that accompany them. I am now a little over 5 weeks out, so it's still very early. I am still experiencing considerable soreness and aching when I inflate. I don't really know what 100 percent inflated is, but anytime I've gotten anywhere close to that, my penis aches and burns from the tip to the base. I certainly couldn't do anything fun with it. I'd guess it is usable at about 60 percent inflated, and at that stage of inflation I'm not at 3:00 o'clock, more like 3:30 or 3:45. My penis droops a bit at that stage, and the tips are just barely into the glans, so that if I add the additional size from natural arousal, the glans is mostly unsupported by the device. Also, I still have a bulge in the right cylinder about a quarter of the way up the shaft from the base. It gets flatter the more I inflate, but it hasn't gone away entirely. Now the strange thing at the moment is that I have signs of both undersizing and oversizing at the same time. The tips of the cylinders are about a quarter inch below the glans in the deflated state, and as I inflate, they come into the glans, but not that far. I can stretch the glans out farther than the tips in both the inflated and deflated states, it is by no means fixed by the cylinder tips. But at the same time I have bulging and kinking in the cylinders when inflated. How could I be both undersized and oversized at the same time? Best case scenario is that I was expertly oversized just enough at the time of surgery so that by the time I am fully healed, I will be perfectly sized and back at my old length. It would seem that if this right cylinder could stretch out just a tad more it would smooth out the bump, and also provide more support to the glans. The space is there so I'm not sure why it's kinking when inflated.

Is it normal to be unable to achieve full inflation at this point? I know different doctors have different protocols. Some doctors tell you not to touch it at all until you've reached six weeks. I've been inflating for a few weeks already, and though I have made some progress, I am a little worried about where this is going. Additionally, I still feel that the pump is just a little too high, and though I can move it side to side, it's not moving down at all. If I grip the bottom of my shaft, the top of the pump rubs against the bottom of my hand. I thought that this would make full penetration difficult or impossible, but the few times I've had sex I was able to get all the way in without feeling any obstruction, so I guess it is somehow low enough, or can be pushed back into my body enough during close penetration. Just looking at it or feeling it with my hand though, it seems too high. I haven't had much sex yet because my relationship isn't exactly on the best terms. I'd rather not go into it now, but that's also putting some stress on me. I am still glad I went through with this, and think that it will eventually turn out really well, but I'm not in the best of moods at the moment.

Return to “Implants”