weight gain/loss

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Leek65

weight gain/loss

Postby Leek65 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:41 am

Since deciding on my upcoming implant surgery I have walked about 5 miles a day and watched my eating and managed to lose 17 pounds. I should lose at least another ten. I am concerned with how I will not be exercising and probably pretty home bound after the surgery. What has been the experience of those of you who had the surgery? When you got home and were pretty sedentary did you gain or lose weight? Maybe I just won't feel like eating... :lol:
Age 68 - AMS LGX 12+2cm. Lost over an inch from pre-ED length but thicker for what it's worth (not much). ED result of heart meds.

PCHelp76180

Re: weight gain/loss

Postby PCHelp76180 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:52 am

I had my surgery on July 7th, after about two weeks I was able to resume walking on the treadmill for about 30 min's at a time
ED since my late 30's. Implanted 7/7/15 Titan Coloplast 18cm +4 cm extenders. Revision Jan 2017

MickCrowder

Postby MickCrowder » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:35 pm

Had mine done July 2nd. Took about a week of couch time but after that was back to almost my normal activities. Didnt do any lifting, jogging or biking. Swimming was put on hold till the incision healed. I really didnt feel like eating a lot and ended up losing about 10 lbs. it all balances out in the end.
57 yr old living in Lancaster County, PA. ED for the past 10 yrs. Bionic on July 2, 2015. 22cm Titan OTR. Dr Garber in Philadelphia did the surgery.

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:29 am

After the first two days of laying around as Dr Kramer suggested I rode home 250 miles so a bit sore next day. After that I started walking more and more and back to work though sitting still a challenge without breaks (my job is a desk job). I didnt lift for a month per doc's orders and no biking til recently as I didnt want to aggravate it (it didnt). Within a week or two walking should be no issue at least it wasnt for me. Oh and I didnt swim for a few weeks until scabs gone to avoid infection risk from pool/fresh water.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:08 pm

Implanted May 19th. I didn't lose or gain weight. Took it pretty easy for the first week and got more active after the worst of the pain turned to discomfort.

Leek65

Postby Leek65 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:37 pm

Watsup wrote:Implanted May 19th. I didn't lose or gain weight. Took it pretty easy for the first week and got more active after the worst of the pain turned to discomfort.

The question is how much do I play up the discomfort to get TLC from the wife the first couple of weeks. :roll:
Age 68 - AMS LGX 12+2cm. Lost over an inch from pre-ED length but thicker for what it's worth (not much). ED result of heart meds.

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:18 pm

Leek65 wrote:
Watsup wrote:Implanted May 19th. I didn't lose or gain weight. Took it pretty easy for the first week and got more active after the worst of the pain turned to discomfort.

The question is how much do I play up the discomfort to get TLC from the wife the first couple of weeks.

As much as you can get away with ;)

roninhouston

Postby roninhouston » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:41 am

Did not feel like eating much the first week or so. Consequently I dropped about 4 pounds, BMI is under 25.
Doctor Cornell suggest no lifting for a month, One FT post said their doctor limited them to 5 pounds for a month.NOTE:Gallon of milk is 8#. I think the general idea is not to put any undue strain on your lower abdomen.

Normally exercise for about 90 minutes 4 - 5 times a week. After the surgery I did no exercise the first week, the second week I did some light walking, the third week I returned to the gym and rode the recumbent bike (very gingerly) and did some walking. I do not plan on returning to my normal routine of combo of cardio/aerobics/lifting weights until a month after the surgery or when my body let's me know "IT'S OK'.
Bionic with AMS CX on August 14, 2015. Inflated September 15th by Dr. Robert Cornell.
Was 69 with VL
. Pre-Op VED Protocol Therapy and Post-Op VED Protocol Therapy: Pre-Op length by 6th month.

Leek65

Postby Leek65 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:13 am

roninhouston wrote:Did not feel like eating much the first week or so. Consequently I dropped about 4 pounds, BMI is under 25.
Doctor Cornell suggest no lifting for a month, One FT post said their doctor limited them to 5 pounds for a month.NOTE:Gallon of milk is 8#. I think the general idea is not to put any undue strain on your lower abdomen.

Normally exercise for about 90 minutes 4 - 5 times a week. After the surgery I did no exercise the first week, the second week I did some light walking, the third week I returned to the gym and rode the recumbent bike (very gingerly) and did some walking. I do not plan on returning to my normal routine of combo of cardio/aerobics/lifting weights until a month after the surgery or when my body let's me know "IT'S OK'.

I never thought in terms of a milk jug - that really brings home how restricted you are. We are taking a trip for a week four weeks out - I guess my wife will be the one loading and unloading the suitcases and I will tell her to pack light.

Return to “Implants”