TomFords Joruney

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
TomFord

Re: TomFords Joruney

Postby TomFord » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:17 am

Day 6.

So I just finished the trip back home and I'm wrecked! It was about 24hours travelling altogether when the time between waiting for flights etc is included.

I'd advise any other person who is travelling from Europe to take 7 days before traveling back home. My junk got very sore sitting on the plane and at JFK airport I had to wait 6 hours for the connecting flight. I requested a wheelchair but they wouldn't let me keep it while waiting for flights so I had to walk around a lot for 6 hours without it. I can tell the swelling has gone up quite a bit since travelling home as I expected given all the stress it's taken.

Bruising hasn't changed that much in the last few days. Now that I'm home I can rest it property from now on so I'd say healing will improve a lot.

I'm not sure how much the Dr left the implant inflated but I measured length today and it's 5inches. Which seems about right.

All in all things are going well.

TomFord

Postby TomFord » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:48 am

Day 7:

Swelling in my scrotum has gone well down. I'm going to start bathing later today.

One thing I've noticed is that the pump is stuck almost all along its front face to my scrotum. It's sitting very high at the incision and seems to have local inflammation all the way around it, making it impossible to feel any parts on it.
I emailed the Dr with photos and he agreed that it's stuck too high and suggested trying to start working it free.

It's still early days but it seems very badly stuck. Hopefully with bathing and manipulation it'll come free.

Other than that everything is going ok.

Chaz456

Postby Chaz456 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:52 am

TomFord, Mine was also very swollen a week out (and longer) it was scary. My doctor and his office were on a two week holiday. So I could not get reassurance if it was normal or not. But I can reassure you that the swelling did go down.
One thing one notices, reading accounts on here is that people vary greatly in the pain, swelling ect. in recovery. It will get better.
Titan Touch installed 12/20/13, Then redone 03/21/14, Then redone again 06/13/14.

TomFord

Postby TomFord » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:12 pm

16 days post op.

Pretty much all the pain and swelling is gone. I even was back in the gym last night doing a heavy upper body session in the weights room with no problems at all, which was great.

As far as the pump goes it's still stuck high in the scrotum . I've been bathing twice a day and working at getting it free for 9 days now but it hasn't helped at all. I've emailed Dr Kramer and he said to give it 4-6 weeks and if it hasn't moved we'll discuss moving it surgically which is only a 5min procedure. If that what it comes to I really won't mind too much.

In another week I'll be attempting to activate the device. Hopefully that'll go well.

Would you guys recommend trying to deflate the device fully first or just go for it with the pump and deflate after the first full inflation? I don't have a urologist to guide me at home.

Chaz456

Postby Chaz456 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:28 pm

A doctor inflated mine then he deflated it the first time. Mine was poorly sized, too small, so there was not much pain. But most everybody experiences incredible pain the first time they pump. So you may want to take pain meds a half hour before.
Titan Touch installed 12/20/13, Then redone 03/21/14, Then redone again 06/13/14.

TomFord

Postby TomFord » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:07 pm

Thanks for the seggestion Chaz. I think i'll pop a couple of pain killers and try it after a hot bath when things are nice and loose.

On another positive note I've notice a few mornings waking up that I can feel my package trying to engorge. It looks like the glans are filling almost to pre surgery levels which is nice to see :)

Huffy1

Postby Huffy1 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:07 pm

Tom, I was in the hospital having implant surgery on the same day - I'm 39, I was surprised when the nurse told me there was someone considerably younger than me getting an implant that day. Dr. Kramer has been great so far, I think we got the best surgeon possible. That is really unfortunate that you suffered such a devastating injury, I hope everything goes well for you.

TomFord

Postby TomFord » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:23 pm

@Huffy Oh really? It's a small internet! Ha How's your recovery going?

Are you from Switzerland by any chance? I remember the nurse telling me one of the other guys was from there. I also remember on the night of surgery when I was asking for more morphine as the pain was so bad, are the other guys asking for morphine as well? and she replied, "it's back to back" lol

And cheers. The implant has already provided a big mental boost.

Huffy1

Postby Huffy1 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:21 pm

Tom, we had the same nurse and similar experiences. I'm also a former rugby player, like to think I have a high pain tolerance, but I was writhing in agony for 2 hours at the hospital. I told the admitting resident, and he gave me a shot of benadryl (??). American hospitals suffer from something called the "July effect," July 1 of each year being the day when the medical students begin their rotations as new residents. I suspect our resident was new, he definitely did not manage my pain well. Since then, beginning 15 minutes after the morphine shot through the current day, the pain has been remarkably manageable.
I see Dr. Kramer again on Aug 8. I live in Wash DC, so it's a quick trip to see him. My recovery is going well, I'm anxious to start this new chapter of my life. Unlike you, I didn't suffer an acute injury. Instead I had varying degrees of erectile difficulties since my mid-20s, with the problem getting worse each year. In the last 3 years, I've had a 2 year relationship and an 8 month relationship, each of which was almost entirely celibate. It was a horrible strain on both relationships, and has been mentally grueling for me. I finally convinced a doctor to do a cavernogram, and I was diagnosed with 2 bilaterial venous leaks, one of which was extremely prominent. I'm praying this surgery will bring me a solution.
How is your recovery going? Are you following up with Dr. Kramer, or a local physician?

TomFord

Postby TomFord » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:08 am

21 days post op.

Recovery is going very well. No pain or swelling anymore and I'm pretty much fully active again. At day 14 I was back in the gym training heavy upper body and by day 18 I trained legs which consisted of squatting well over 300lbs. I could feel very mild discomfort where the reservoir is with that weight on my back but it was barely noticeable. The implant itself didn't cause any problems with movements or performance of the exercises which was fantastic.

Any young guys (or old) out there concerned about staying active and lifting, so far this doesn't seem to cause ANY limitations at all were that's concerns.

As far as the pump position goes. I haven't had success in lowering it. It seems to have rotated so that the button is facing 4/5 o'clock in stead of 12 (if that makes sense) so the thick side which runs adjacent to the tubes pushes out a lot on the scrotum, making its present very noticeable. Im waiting to week 4 to update the doctor on progress so I'll ask him about lowering it again. I honestly think it will have to be done surgically. My only concern with this is I'm starting a new job very soon and i will most likely need at least a week of to travel back to Baltimore and have this done which could be tricky but I'll see how it goes. I've stared dating a girl also and things have turned sexual in texting etc already so the sooner this thing is up and running the better lol I literally can't wait to use it!

Last night also I attempted to squeeze the pump for the first time. I had to use an incredible amount of force. Much more than that while using the key ring practice one. So I squeezed very hard and I heard a crack noise and the bulb craved in! I only gave it a couple more pumps and then released it with the deflate button. It's a relief to know I can actually operate the device by myself and I will go for a maximum pump in one of the coming nights.

I think that's pretty much everything to report for now. I'll be back for the next update.

@Huffy: I'm glad you've decided to go for a permanent solution. I'm sure you won't regret the decision and will have many years of enjoyment out of it :)
You did well to maintain relationships that long with severe ED. The psychological burden combined with the lack of intimacy would make it very difficult IMO. I broke off a relationship after my injury. Mostly due to being in a very bad place mentally but I'm sure the ED would have put serious strain on it in any sort of long term.
It's a blessing that we won't have to ever deal with that problem again, even in old age :)

Return to “Implants”