Traveling with TRIMIX

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
jeff01

Traveling with TRIMIX

Postby jeff01 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:15 am

Now that I have had success with injections, I want to be able to take my new best friend everywhere I go. I know that it needs to be refrigerated. Any thoughts to loading the syringes before the trip and just taking them along? Any ideas for something, such as a small container that a syringe would fit inside of that I could put in the freezer beforehand and would keep the TRIMIX inside of the syringe cold for several hours? What about going thru security at the airport with needles?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts
Regards
Jeff

Cajun Jeff

Re: Traveling with TRIMIX

Postby Cajun Jeff » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:55 am

Jeff, I have flown only once with syrenges and I called the airline and asked what I needed to bring. I had to bring the a copy of the script from the Dr as well as a letter from the Dr.

In my case they did not even look at the letter or script. I did not use preloaded syrenges. I brought my vile and I had it kept cold wraped in a cold pack and then stuffed in a beer koosey. They did pull the vile out of the koosey and then put it back and handed it to me. I don't remember if my syrenges were in my carry on or not. Just give the airline a call to make sure.

You do not need to use the term TriMix. Just say you have some injectable medication. They wil also put int in the fridge on the plane for you if you like.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:32 pm

I am a diabetic and have always packed extra syringes in my luggage without a problem. However, I have also read that a prescription should be taken just in case.

When I go on day or over night trips I take a small cooler with chemical ice packs prevIously frozen in the freezer to maintain my insulin Vials. Even in the summer, the ice packs remain partially frozen for up to 18 hours inside the cooler. Should work as well for trimix vials and syringes as well.l
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

antelope

Postby antelope » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:20 pm

Yep, the chemical ice packs work fine with trimix--and then you can refreeze them at night. Virtually all motels/hotels have room refeigerators nowadays.

G
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Return to “Injections”