Yet another ready for the plunge

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
jeff01

Yet another ready for the plunge

Postby jeff01 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:21 am

Went to the Dr today and was going to get a lesson on the needle by the PA. He pulls out a box with lots of moving parts to assemble and hands me the instructions. After looking at all that was contained, I mentioned to him that it looks like that would be expensive to purchase. I ask him if the office had ever prescribed TRIMIX. He said he would ask the Dr. and left the room. He came back and said that the Doc said that i had been doing my research (thanks to this site) and had a script for TRIMIX and a local pharmacy can compound it. It'll will be ready tomorrow. The PA never actually injected me, but used a "plastic penile replica and showed me where to inject.

I took the script to the pharmacy and am going to try it Sat night. My question is, the dosage...lots of guys are referring to units. The Dr. said for me to start with 3cc and work up if needed. Is 1 cc the same as 1 unit? We are going to use a 29 size needle and my question is...should I plunge it all the way in? I'm thinking that it would go more than half way thru and puncture the urethea.

Any help would be so appreciated
Jeff

antelope

Re: Yet another ready for the plunge

Postby antelope » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:44 am

Jeff,

100 units = 1 cc = 1 ml

I cannot imagine that he told you to start with 3 cc. Your dick may well explode. Please double check. Doc started me at 30 units or 0.3 cc and that turned out to be way too much. A relatively high dosage of trimix, I believe, is 50 units or 0.5 cc. Starting at 30 units and then moving up or down slowly as the results indicate makes sense. Just be prepared to move that dosage up and down as you seek the perfect dosage that gives you 2-3 hours of joy but deflates with ease after play time is over. After a year of use, my current dose is down to 0.03 ml or 3 units. I have found that it takes less and less to do more and more. Not too shabby!

My needles are 1/2 inch long and work perfectly. You might also want to ask your compounding pharmacist some of these specific questions, esp about the needle and the syringe.

Please call the doc today to make sure of the dosage. Going to the ER on a Saturday night with a stiff dick is bad enough; hanging out with the stabbing and gunshot victims is a major bummer, don't you think?

Best wishes,

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Viripse

Postby Viripse » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:22 pm

I do not inject into my penis yet....the pump works very well for both me and my girl. However, as a dentist I have given many thousands of injections, the first rule is NEVER put any needle in up to the hilt......in the rare event that the needles fractures, it will do so at the hilt, if that is flush with the skin it will promptly disappear and literally start travelling deeper and deeper. Ergo you should always have a needle long enough to get to where you want the Trimix to be, but leave enough so that it can be easily removed by a pair of tweezers etc, that should be at hand.

During my long professional life, 50 plus years, I have never had a needle break, but the textbooks are full of X-Rays of them. There is aways a first.

The smaller the number the thicker the needle, ie a 30 gauge is smaller than a 29, needless the say the smallest are less painful.

For what it's worth.

Vir Ipse.

antelope

Postby antelope » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:26 pm

Correction: My 30 unit (0.3 cc/0.3 ml) syringes have 31 guage needles that are 8 mm (5/16 inches) in length. The correction is the length of the needle. I told you 1/2 inch earlier. And that 8 mm needle works just fine. the comment about not plunging the needle in all the way is interesting. No one has ever told me that, including the uro re my pricksticking and my internist re my insulin regulator. I'll have to check it out.

Good luck.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

jeff01

Postby jeff01 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:26 pm

Thanks for the replies. It is soon to be Sat and the Dr. office is closed. I'll ask the pharmacist when I pick it up about the dosage. I could be confused and maybe it is .3 cc instead of 3.0 cc.
Now for the needle. A few months ago I started giving myself Testosterone shots in the thigh. First time was scary, now, no big deal. But I'm pretty freaked out about sticking a needle in my penis. The PA showed me how, 90 degree angle and on the side. He said to hold the injection site with my finger for a minute to reduce bruising???
and when I withdraw the needle there could be blood in the syringe, not to worry. Any experiences here?
Finally, anyone ever use the autoinject syringes? Seems like it would be less traumatic?

Thanks again for you replies in advance

Jeff

jeff01

Postby jeff01 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:07 pm

Another question... My concern is that my flacid penis is about an inch across and if i stick a 1/2 inch needle in there, it will puncture the urethra...
Finally, it seems it would be a good idea to have sudafed on hand. If the erection does not go down after 4 hours, how much of that should I take and not have high blood pressure issues?

Thanks in advance for your replies

Jeff

antelope

Postby antelope » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:25 pm

Jeff,

Find and study a diagram of the internal structure of a penis showing the locations of the urethra and the three spongy tubes. That will give you a good perspective of what you're doing: aiming for the tubes on either side--not the one on the bottom.

Here's what my uro told me and what I have learned from 12 months of injections:

Inject at 10:00 or 2:00, alternating sides with each injection.
Hold the syringe and Insert the needle at a 90 degree angle to the shaft and depress the plunger slowly; withdraw the needle while keeping the syringe at a 90 degree angle.
You shouldn't really pull back on the plunger while the needle is inserted. Simply by releasing pressure on the plunger, you will suction just a teeny bit of blood back into the needle tip. After withdrawing the needle, you can push the plunger down again hard and you should get a drop of blood at the needle tip. That will more or less confirm that you've hit the sweet spot.
Massage the penis gently as if to spread the joy juice up and down the shaft. That's something you would do at any injection site with any medicine.
Put the vial back in the fridge; dispose of the needle properly; grab the lube and head to the back for happy times.
If the erection is still throbbing after 2 or 3 hours, it's probably time to take steps toward "deflation". I've discovered that the best way to get Little G to calm down is to wrap a cold washrag (or an ice pack) around the shaft and walk. Sitting just helps keep it hard and lying down sometimes doesn't do too much either. It also helps me to read something with no romantic content whatsoever. that sucker will spring right back into action at the slightest mental suggestion of more happy times ahead. Seriously, pacing usually does it for me. I avoid the Sudafed as much as possible: it doesn't help much and it's contraindicated for high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, and enlarged prostate. I don't have high bp but the other three are a trifecta for me. If you want to take the Sudafed, I suggest you ask the pharmacist about how much to take. But make sure he knows your medicval history. Finally, my uro nurse told me that as long as deflation was under way, there are no real worries even after 4 hours.

Hope this helps. Have a great weekend. Let us know how things go.

Here's to hard times,

Greg

NolaVette

Postby NolaVette » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:14 am

I was also set to do my first injection today (Saturday). I had to delay doing it earlier this week because of out-of-town work. But now after thinking about the possibility of an ER visit on a weekend as opposed to a visit to the urology clinic on Monday I've decided to wait till then to do it. Office visit charge is a lot cheaper than ER visit charge also.

I bought an Autoject II (Owen Mumford AJ 1300 Autoject 2 Injection Aid Device Fixed Needle-$30 from Amazon) and plan to give it a try after doing it manually the first time.

Steve
NolaVette
Age 55--Da Vinci prostatectomy Sept. 6, 2011
Nov. 7th, 2011-First Alprostadil injection-100% erection-1 hour- with pain
Using 7 units (.07 ml) Bi-mix with no pain
Things are working naturally now after about a year and a half. No more injections for me.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:53 am

I have never tried the autoject let me know how you like it. I have no problem sticking the guy.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

NolaVette

Postby NolaVette » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:14 am

When I did it in the exam room with the saline solution the plunger wouldn't budge. The doc said I stuck it in a little bit too high. He pulled it back out and stuck it in himself and had me push the plunger and there was no resistance at all. So I figure if I had trouble doing it on the right side then I know I'll have even more difficulty doing it on the left. All you have to do after setting up the Autoject is to pick the spot, use the alcohol pad, press the end of the device on the spot and push the button. Needle shoots in and the juice is delivered automatically.
Age 55--Da Vinci prostatectomy Sept. 6, 2011
Nov. 7th, 2011-First Alprostadil injection-100% erection-1 hour- with pain
Using 7 units (.07 ml) Bi-mix with no pain
Things are working naturally now after about a year and a half. No more injections for me.

Return to “Injections”